Home

Team Goals - How are they determined?

This is a discussion on Team Goals - How are they determined? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2017, 06:28 AM   #17
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Team Goals - How are they determined?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
It's not that I want it to be easier, I just want more thought put in to them. I have no desire to pass so much that my QB puts up 4800 yards, but now I have to if I want my LT to meet his season goal. Besides, if I do pass for 4800 yards butmy LT is constantly giving up pressure, does he really deserve the XP?
It would be nice if "more thought" were put into just about everything, not just Madden player goals. If you don't care about getting the extra XP, wouldn't it be logical to just ignore the goals. I think goals have potential to be an interesting strategical part of the game. For instance if they were determined by your team's identity, your coaching schemes, player type preferences, and playbook. But until they do, I'm not going to worry about them. Just like I don't worry about the goals for each possession.
Old 10-18-2017, 11:27 AM   #18
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb61
It would be nice if "more thought" were put into just about everything, not just Madden player goals. If you don't care about getting the extra XP, wouldn't it be logical to just ignore the goals. I think goals have potential to be an interesting strategical part of the game. For instance if they were determined by your team's identity, your coaching schemes, player type preferences, and playbook. But until they do, I'm not going to worry about them. Just like I don't worry about the goals for each possession.
I don't worry about those much either. Because often times you will find yourself trying to force the ball to a specific player and end up going 3-and-out. Or have to settle for a FG. Just let it come naturally.
Old 10-20-2017, 10:26 AM   #19
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb61

Echoing this.

Unfortunately I can’t afford to ignore them because doing so would sentence my team to mediocrity in an online cfm.

Pragmatic goals would make the most sense so you can organically build and develop your team around an identity and be forced to play within a scheme or face creating an xp gap with you and other users or cpu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 10-21-2017, 09:29 AM   #20
MVP

I wish we were given some choices. My third down back has a goal of 1200 rushing yards which is absurd for what he does. I would love to be able to choose between that and 500 receiving and 500 rushing or 500 receiving and a return td. If you run a balanced offense your linemen should have a balanced goal available.
Old 10-21-2017, 03:17 PM   #21
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Magically in my 2nd season as a created HC the team goals are now fitting my 3-4 scheme. I tested it before and no matter how many times I tried it wasn't allowing a created HC to have 3-4 scheme team goals on the Eagles, even in the 2nd season and beyond. No idea how I fixed it, but I'm pleased.

No idea if it is repeatable but I retired as a created HC during week 2 of season 1 and created a new HC. When I created the 2nd HC the league had assigned the Eagles an interim HC for the split second the team was without one. That coach must have been hired as a 3-4 scheme coach, because he moved some of my players positions around to fit a 3-4 scheme.

At least I have goals fitting my scheme. I just wish backup goals were more realistic and some positions like OL had more realistic goals. We should have the ability to select goal to fit what we want to do on offense and defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »