Home

What does Fatigue do in the game?

This is a discussion on What does Fatigue do in the game? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2017, 10:31 AM   #1
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9
What does Fatigue do in the game?

Does anyone know for sure what fatigue does in the game ?

I realize it's supposed to make guys get tired and then hopefully sub out but I'm curious if anyone knows as you get tired does it actually have any effect on attributes ?

I have mine set at 80 to try and get subs. When I tried using that at mostly default slider i got a ton of sacks so I wondered if that might contribute to higher sack numbers because as guys sub in and out it might make the mismatches even worse.

Just curious if anyone knows for sure what the fatigue does.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2017, 12:39 PM   #2
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: What does Fatigue do in the game?

I think all we know about fatigue is that it doesn't ever seem to work properly. It's a system that has been in dire need of a overhaul for about a decade if not more.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-27-2017, 08:19 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

^^true.
That and if a certain player reaches a low enough fatigue, they won't come back into the game

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2017, 10:56 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cch99
Does anyone know for sure what fatigue does in the game ?

I realize it's supposed to make guys get tired and then hopefully sub out but I'm curious if anyone knows as you get tired does it actually have any effect on attributes ?

I have mine set at 80 to try and get subs. When I tried using that at mostly default slider i got a ton of sacks so I wondered if that might contribute to higher sack numbers because as guys sub in and out it might make the mismatches even worse.

Just curious if anyone knows for sure what the fatigue does.
I have noticed that fatigued players are injured more
Old 09-28-2017, 03:57 PM   #5
Rookie

I think for skill positions, fatigue makes you go slower. I had a safety whose fatigue was in the blue. The AI threw a pass in his direction and my SS was moving in total slow motion as the AI galloped down the sideline for a TD.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2017, 03:19 AM   #6
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc629
I think for skill positions, fatigue makes you go slower. I had a safety whose fatigue was in the blue. The AI threw a pass in his direction and my SS was moving in total slow motion as the AI galloped down the sideline for a TD.
Not just skill positions and not just speed, I think. Over several years and many games, I believe all (or almost all) the physical attributes degrade with fatigue for all players. Not so sure about the mental attributes, but they may also degrade with fatigue.
Old 09-29-2017, 08:45 AM   #7
MVP

I tried a slider gurus settings on fatigue and auto subs recently and i found it out of whack with the high fatigue affecting gameplay a lot. Yesterday i went into settings and lowered fatigue back to 50. Then i went to autosubs and hit the y button to reset autosubs. Everything changed to 50 in, 50 out. I thought it was weird but gave it try. I actually saw rotation on my dline. I don't know about other positions as i have a bit of formation subs anyway.
Old 09-29-2017, 09:46 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 5

While I don't have validation, I do believe that fatigue plays a part in effecting a player's main positional ratings. You have a highly fatigued RB, he will be less likely to break tackles, not as quick, more likely to fumble, etc. Linemen will miss assignments/blocks, so on and so on. I always notice a bump in play when my starting dline is fatigued and I sub them out for the 2's. My starting line may be struggling to get pressure during a long drive, but I bring in my backups and am seeing more pressure on the QB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »