Home

So its the first week of October

This is a discussion on So its the first week of October within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2017, 10:27 AM   #65
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: So its the first week of October

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
That's definitely true, and I hate to be that guy so to speak, but there are some things that simply don't fall under that. Issues that were in M17, got fixed with a patch only to be in M18 at launch all over again, I mean if you fix something in one iteration how do you let it slip back into the current one? It's because they were probably so laser focused on other things that a lot of code was simply copied over from the release of M17 and nothing more. It's unfortunate but another side of this is EA hasn't exactly garnered the benefit of the doubt thanks to routinely releasing games with issues that are so blatantly obvious you wonder if anyone even bothers to test the game anymore. EA gets some ridiculous criticism at times, and in my opinion gets held to a different standard as other sports games can get away with a little more without the pitchforks coming out, but they don't do themselves any favors either.
Thats exactly it. I dont understand why if you drop a patch for one game, say this game M18, why that patch isnt added to the development of M19? It'd be a lot faster to attempt to get rid of issues as well as it probably wouldnt slow down the development of the next game much, if at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2017, 10:43 AM   #66
MVP

Chiefsfan881129's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bankhead
I agree with you as well, with so many other games to play if this patch doesn't improve the game, I’ll be getting rid of mine as well. I’m tired of paying to be a beta tester. I love football and I want to be able to play the game from day 1 without any issues.
Not to be rude to people like you or anything however I hate to break it to you

But no game no matter what is ever gonna be perfect idc what game it is there is always gonna be bugs & glitches in games

Yes it's no fun & annoying yes some bugs will be fixed & some won't because not everything can be fixed via patches..

That's why we have patches to try to fix as much as possible remember the days when games didn't have patches or dlc's?? We were stuck dealing with them then knowing they couldn't be fixed but we still played..

I don't understand people wanting games to be perfect because it's never gonna be no matter what nothing in life is perfect & never will be

Yes the game could be better & it likely will be but don't just count on 1 patch to fix everything at once because sony & Microsoft do have rules & regulations about patch sizes I know this because a game on psn ran into this exact issue & finally Sony has increased the allowable size in patches

So EA can only squeeze so much into a given patch that's why there is mutplie patches throughout the year because it's all about file size & a patch might be smaller if one fix takes up a majority of the file size allowed by Sony & Microsoft

So my advice for those expecting this patch to fix these issues asap wait until January when there has been atleast 2 to 3 patches see what was fixed then decide because rest assured the 1st patch won't fix everything never has never will

& those expecting games to be perfect without bugs & glitches & stuff plz lower your expectations because this will never happen every game is gonna have bugs & glitches & every game will try to be fixed via patches but nothing is ever gonna be 100% perfect if u expect that then video games are not for you...

Have a great weekend everyone...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
I feel the same. I'm sure there are plenty of people getting enjoyment out of the game playing mut or h2h cfm but to play offline or solo onlin cfm and have to deal with countless bugs is very frustrating. I purchased my game digitally so I can't trade it in. But I can uninstall it and play nba 2k or Divinity on PC.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Operation Sports mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Might not mean anything, but Rex tweeted that the patch is early October. That could still be first week of October, but it sounds like some bets are being hedged here.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Operation Sports mobile app

Kansas #1 KC ChiefsFan!
Kansas #1 KU Basketball Fan!
Kansas #1 Boston Redsox Fan!
Kansas #1 K-State Football Fan!
Kansas #1 OKC Thunder Fan!

Home Of Madden Cover Barry Sanders! Go Chiefs!
Old 10-06-2017, 10:47 AM   #67
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

OVR: 0

Don't worry, you're not being rude. Just stating your opinion. Mine is of the belief that while there will of course be bugs with any game release, however my expectation is that bugs that have existed for years would be resolved. New bugs never seen before should be expected, but when I report a bug and am told it's a "known issue" that tells me they're aware a bug exists and are either ignoring it or possibly don't know how to fix it. This is unacceptable regardless of the game.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-06-2017, 11:06 AM   #68
Rookie

Big Bankhead's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefsfan881129
Not to be rude to people like you or anything however I hate to break it to you

But no game no matter what is ever gonna be perfect idc what game it is there is always gonna be bugs & glitches in games

Yes it's no fun & annoying yes some bugs will be fixed & some won't because not everything can be fixed via patches..

That's why we have patches to try to fix as much as possible remember the days when games didn't have patches or dlc's?? We were stuck dealing with them then knowing they couldn't be fixed but we still played..

I don't understand people wanting games to be perfect because it's never gonna be no matter what nothing in life is perfect & never will be

Yes the game could be better & it likely will be but don't just count on 1 patch to fix everything at once because sony & Microsoft do have rules & regulations about patch sizes I know this because a game on psn ran into this exact issue & finally Sony has increased the allowable size in patches

So EA can only squeeze so much into a given patch that's why there is mutplie patches throughout the year because it's all about file size & a patch might be smaller if one fix takes up a majority of the file size allowed by Sony & Microsoft

So my advice for those expecting this patch to fix these issues asap wait until January when there has been atleast 2 to 3 patches see what was fixed then decide because rest assured the 1st patch won't fix everything never has never will

& those expecting games to be perfect without bugs & glitches & stuff plz lower your expectations because this will never happen every game is gonna have bugs & glitches & every game will try to be fixed via patches but nothing is ever gonna be 100% perfect if u expect that then video games are not for you...

Have a great weekend everyone...

Sent from my SM-G920T using Operation Sports mobile app
I absolutely respect your opinion, I wasn’t insinuating that the game should be perfect, nothing is. I was trying to say that I wanted the game to not be a headache at launch. Minor things I can forgive, but Madden 18 have so many issues that I’m about ready to throw in the towel on the series. Glitches that I’ve seen in Madden 17, for example the QB freeze glitch when going no huddle, is unacceptable. That glitch cost me money in a tournament. It’s been frustrating because the game I’ve played at EA play isn’t the game we all have played. I just hope the patch fix most of the important issues because I just want everyone to enjoy the game they’ve spent their money on.
"If you look good, you feel good. If you feel good, you play good. If you play good, they pay good." - Deion Sanders #21

Ravens!
Lakers!
Yankees!

PSN: Spartan387
XBGT: KobraTheKing
Old 10-06-2017, 11:55 AM   #69
MVP

The ability to patch cuts both ways. It is great that they can fix probems but it also means game makers release games and take your money for a product they know should be better. It's not problems that pop up with a new game that bothers me. It is issues that have dragged on for years and sometimes over a decade that makes my blood boil. It is such shoddy quality control that they can fix it in a patch then it reappears in the next annual release. Then they have to fix it again, wasting time they could soend on something else. There is no way to look at that than piss poor management.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:29 PM   #70
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

This tweet illustrates all that is wrong with Madden.

https://twitter.com/RexDEAFootball/s...99508107051009

A tourney guy, high profile tweets Rex with an issue and boom... Rex and co. are all over it like a rash. Promises that it will be dealt with almost immediately.

Everyone and everything else gets largely ignored.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:38 PM   #71
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
No, the game is not close to being "broken." And it doesn't have a ton of freezing and crashing issues.
Everyone's experiences differ. I personally crash once an hour on average when playing in my offline CFM leagues. I'm not exaggerating either. And it happens in different screens at different times, no rhyme or reason. I'm hoping the next patch at least stabilizes offline for me as it's frustrating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2017, 04:03 PM   #72
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwpit79
Everyone's experiences differ. I personally crash once an hour on average when playing in my offline CFM leagues. I'm not exaggerating either. And it happens in different screens at different times, no rhyme or reason. I'm hoping the next patch at least stabilizes offline for me as it's frustrating.
That's awful. I've maybe frozen once ever. Previous Maddens froze semi-frequently for me.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »