Home

**VOTE** Top CFM Priorities

This is a discussion on **VOTE** Top CFM Priorities within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2017, 03:21 PM   #33
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: **VOTE** Top CFM Priorities

cool to do a survey i guess.

To me , i have to question why they need it though? Its been wishlist ,after wishlist, after wishlist, after wishlist for years. If they dont not already understand, make it like being in and making choices made in real life to build a team, keep rosters, salaries, draft rookies, injury managements, etc , then that alone makes me have some questions about the people working on it.

Sorry but being honest. They will at most add 2 things at the top.... good luck if thats something you voted for!

But you can bet, i voted no on micros in CFM.....will always stand against that .ALWAYS

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 10-04-2017, 03:27 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

How about if they actually listen to the CFM community and make it more in depth. They at least made a small amount of effort to make changes but more is needed to make it feel more immersive. The main focus seems to always fall on ultimate team which is understandable from a business perspective but in turn it isolates those who don’t play it. I am not bashing the developers because I know that I could never do what they do but it would be nice if they would stop putting CFM on the back burner and telling us that they will overhaul it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-04-2017, 10:14 PM   #35
Rookie

tmanning's Arena

Piggy Backing off others I have seen (sorry don't know how to paste other posts)

Fully customizable draft classes...Yes

Carry-Over CFMs Madden-to-Madden...Yes

Play creation...Yes

Improved AI gameplay...Yes

Pro Bowl...Yes

Full coaching staffs/carousels...Yes

Multiple commentary teams/network designs, presentation..Yes (this might be a bit much) but YES

Pre-game and Post-game highlights...Yes

More in depth scouting and variety in DI DIII prospects and ability to scout year round...Yes

More immersive team,logo, and stadium creation capability...Yes

Increased penalty for play repetition on offense ...Yes
(specifically passing plays)

Fully functioning CFM website with ability to complete all tasks excluding playing actual games ...Yes

Add a regression rating for players ...Yes

Full NFL draft combine with viewable drills etc....Yes

Increased pool of undrafted FAs...Yes all of them! (My thought is they need to increase total players available beyond the 3000 limit it has been at.

Make preseason presets for starters mirror real life NFL...Yes

Compounding injury history as players age in CFM...yes

The previous ones I had seen from other posts...

Also my suggestions...

Full roster control with 46 man active roster for games, 53 man and 60 man with practice squads.

Full practices that affect weekly game play not just 3 drills. (practice squad players can contribute and develop as quick as other players)

Smarter GM AI for CPU teams. They should not cut Joe Mixon in week 1 of preseason in rookie year.

Realistic PUP, Suspended, Injured reserve lists.

Better Free agent negotiations... With the ability to "recruit" by making promises not just huge contracts.

Should be able to "recruit" or negotiate with UDFA's

More short term goals for owners and coaches. (winning multiple Super Bowls may never happen for most franchises, if gameplay is realistic)

Add the Long snapper position, every team has one but they listed as TE's. No traits to regulate effect on snaps. Every Snap should not be perfect every time!

Total depth chart control, Jabril Peppers should be able to return kicks even if listed as a SS (which was not possible until position changed to FS).

Adding to depth chart control, emergency QB could be anybody on the roster, not the punter! Julian Edleman/Terelle Pryor were QBs in college, they should be able to be a QB without wildcat formation.

More room for CAP's so we don't have to wait to start a CFM until EA gets release from NFLPA to put all players in game.

A trade chart/calculator based in reality/age/contract. High end older players get traded for "conditional draft picks" all the time.

More achievements for XBOX/PS4 gamer score based on CFM play, like making playoffs/title game/super bowl.

These are just a few I could think of...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2017, 10:20 PM   #36
Rookie

tmanning's Arena

One more thing, to go off my last post.

Many of my suggestions are based off NCAA football. I understand they were different development teams, but still EA products??

Coaching carousel, total roster/depth chart control.

Recruiting interface, all NCAA features.

Go back and take a look at the good from Dynasty mode and implement, that's seem like an easy fix???

I hate to be this guy, but...

I have been playing Madden/NCAA since the Sega Genesis days.

I never understood how features that were good were removed and never seen from again!!

Please just go back to some of the basics from other EA Titles and us "old guys" will love it!
Old 10-05-2017, 01:28 AM   #37
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18

OK, I've been reading through the comments and I'll address some things again.

1. There are personal wishlists of users with pages and pages of suggestions. Not many clearly defined lists with an aggregate total of what the community wants as a whole. Also, nothing that has take then entire community into account. The results changed a little when I posted it on here vs what I got from Twitter. Facebook changed them a little too. This is intended to be as all encompassing of the entire community as possible.

2. HC 06/09, as I've stated, is what a small minority of hardcore users want. The vast majority, according to this survey and even discussions I've had, don't need anywhere near that level of detail. 2/3 of this community would be happy with 3 major improvement this year and 2-3 each year after that to keep it fresh and moving forward. Maybe somewhere along the line its get to be something like what Deuce made in his post, but its extremely unlikely to happen at a pace of more than 2-3 major feature/changes per year. That's been their MO for the past several years and I honestly don't see that changing unless there is a drastic influx of new users or they monetize it somehow and that takes off.

3. They care. A lot of the guys that work on it would love to have it be better than it is. But decisions are made at a higher level to do other things sometimes. This was an extremely weird year where nothing very significant was added. I wouldn't expect another year like this for awhile. But I also wouldn't expect more than 3-4 new, major features next year.

4. Don't blame Longshot, MUT or anything else on what goes on with CFM, they are all their own entities. Longshot did not have a significant impact on CFM. Nobody that worked on CFM was pulled away for Logshort from what I was told. The conversion to Frostbite and some of their resources going to NBA Live were the biggest reasons they didn't do as much this year. That was a one time thing so shouldn't be quite a minimal in impact going forward.

I appreciate everyone that has taken the time to fill out the survey. Its only 2-3 minutes and it will have an impact. I promise. Ist going right to the devs with the largest sample size I can get. I have invested a lot of my own time and even some money to put this together. I;m not doing it because it's pointless

I'll post the final results sometime soon. As long as we're still getting peopel to fill it out, I want to give them an opportunity to have their voice heard.

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website
Old 10-05-2017, 03:12 AM   #38
Rookie

rplatypus's Arena

Complete player editing outside of CFM and audio for create a players and edited players. This would end a ton of criticism for official EA updates since users would be able to do most of the things that the Devs are able to do. This year is the most I have seen people complain about rosters since we were locked out of taking edited rosters into CFM on M13.
Old 10-05-2017, 10:13 AM   #39
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95

2. HC 06/09, as I've stated, is what a small minority of hardcore users want. The vast majority, according to this survey and even discussions I've had, don't need anywhere near that level of detail. 2/3 of this community would be happy with 3 major improvement this year and 2-3 each year after that to keep it fresh and moving forward. Maybe somewhere along the line its get to be something like what Deuce made in his post, but its extremely unlikely to happen at a pace of more than 2-3 major feature/changes per year. That's been their MO for the past several years and I honestly don't see that changing unless there is a drastic influx of new users or they monetize it somehow and that takes off.
If true then that is unfortunate. I don't know how I would describe their MO over the last few years and certainly wouldn't say they've implemented 2-3 major features per iteration, but if it is to go at the same pace as they have in the past, then I can kiss Madden good bye for good. The reason so many people are upset this year is because it has lagged so far behind with no true improvements, that they are too far behind being able to implement a couple features and have it be satisfactory. That's just my opinion and it will sell regardless because of NFL license and MUT, but it's sad they are preventing me from being able to manage a football team in video games. Oh well.

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
Old 10-05-2017, 01:50 PM   #40
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95
3. They care. A lot of the guys that work on it would love to have it be better than it is. But decisions are made at a higher level to do other things sometimes. This was an extremely weird year where nothing very significant was added. I wouldn't expect another year like this for awhile. But I also wouldn't expect more than 3-4 new, major features next year.
It pains me to see that people that have these "close relationships" with the devs don't understand the real problem with this mode.

It was poorly designed from the start when it hit as CFM back in 2012. They added more poorly designed, sort-of-functioning features on top of it for 5 years. It went through several different leads.

It needs a lead who is going to stick with it for a while (my pick would be Mike Young, as I think he's a very creative and understanding dude, and I mentioned to Rex on Twitter that Mike should be put in charge of the mode and Mike liked the tweet, indicating to me that he would be interested. Rex, of course, no-sold it.)

Once you have "the guy," the mode needs to be redesigned. In its current state, it sounds like an absolute nightmare to develop for. They need to make something that is friendly for this current team to develop for.

Now, I understand the attitude is "This isn't going to happen cuz money and time and executives," but it's what NEEDS to happen. They need to INVEST in this mode. If they need to find a way to monetize it, whatever. As long as they don't do it in a way that is intrusive, I'm fine with that. I personally think that Online Leagues are where they'd make the most money, and you can still monetize cosmetic stuff in offline leagues.

But anyway, these lists seem useless to me, and I'm sorry that you spent a bunch of time and money on it, but I think all this needed to be clearly stated (and needs to go back to the devs, which is why I'm telling you, like I've told them before). I'm not trying to kill your initiative, I just think this is the wrong way to go about it. If pressured enough, EA would do the right thing. If the message is that we're okay with it, then we reap what we sow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »