Home

Safeties brain dead in Cover 2?

This is a discussion on Safeties brain dead in Cover 2? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2017, 02:33 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Safeties brain dead in Cover 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davep
I have 2 of the best CB's in the league, so I won't touch them but how should I edit my safeties to play appropriately? Increase their awareness?

turn on aggressive stuff.
Old 10-11-2017, 12:23 PM   #18
Rookie

cooper417's Arena

I've seen lots of dumb AI stuff from safeties on All pro & all Madden. Most of the stupidity I see is when they are in a deep blue zone.

1 issue is not reacting to the receiver running right in front them, they will just stand in place and react after the catch with no other routes anywhere near them. These plays I'm talking about are from good safeties with 80+ awr, 80+ prc, 80+ zcv, high motor trait, &aggressive play the ball trait. I've seen it happen in CFMs in simulation mode on All Pro and on All Madden.

The other issue I saw a few days ago, but have only seen once-
Tony Jefferson SS, 90 ovr, all the above skills/traits I listed- ball is thrown right at him deep with the receiver running a post right at him. After the throw he spins completely around in a circle for no reason while the ball is coming towards him. This allows the receiver to run right in front of him to make the catch. He was then "stuck" in place for 2-3 seconds & didn't move until after the catch and the receiver took 2 steps- giving up and easy TD on a horrible throw and read right into coverage.

I'm not sure there's any fix for this type of play, no traits, or attributes seem to matter. The elite safeties are still making bone head plays.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:44 AM   #19
Rookie

cooper417's Arena

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odTn2Y0uGUk

Here's another example from last night, C2 man. SS tries to hit stick my cb and takes himself out of the play right after the catch, results in an easy TD.

So, I probably will make sure not to have big hitter traits for my safeties from now on. This wasn't the 1st time I've had this happen or even the worst example of it.

Last edited by cooper417; 10-12-2017 at 10:49 AM.
Old 10-13-2017, 11:09 PM   #20
Commitment to Excellence

Howie75's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
I've seen the same thing and I've tried everything to no avail. The safeties drop and act like they are playing a prevent defense so instead of attacking players they sit back and wait, react late and then simply make the tackle instead of contesting the receiver. I'm on All-Pro so it isn't much better on that difficulty either which tells me it's not as much a difficulty level issue and more just a programing issue.
So basically, it's the Oakland Raiders defense. My CFM should be ultra realistic!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »