Home

How To Scout Development Traits - Infographic

This is a discussion on How To Scout Development Traits - Infographic within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-07-2017, 10:56 AM   #25
Pro

Devaster's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How To Scout Development Traits - Infographic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
Ah ok sorry I didnít read it properly. Hmm not seen that particular story before, it must be quite a rare one. I would tentatively say that itís a ďgood performanceĒ one, but canít be certain. I wouldnít bank on a Dev trait.
He ended up being a 69 OVR as a 3L prospect. I never scouted any of his stats because of his bench only being 30 though. He may have dropped a round. Wasn't a good prospect anyway obviously. The story obviously didn't help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2017, 03:40 PM   #26
Pro

Devaster's Arena

OMN - Does the story where a player sets a team record in a single game count as "Record Breaker"? I had both stories in a single season. One prospect set a team record for sacks in a single game. Another player set a team record for the season (Record Breaker). Would that just fall under "Great Game"?
Old 12-17-2017, 11:53 AM   #27
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
OMN - Does the story where a player sets a team record in a single game count as "Record Breaker"? I had both stories in a single season. One prospect set a team record for sacks in a single game. Another player set a team record for the season (Record Breaker). Would that just fall under "Great Game"?

If it says anything about records being broken (either for a game or a season stat) itís the record breaker story. If it says theyíve had a game but doesnít mention any records, itís the good game story. If it explicitly says they made a game-winning play itís the game-winning play story.

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 12-17-2017, 03:44 PM   #28
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
If it says anything about records being broken (either for a game or a season stat) itís the record breaker story. If it says theyíve had a game but doesnít mention any records, itís the good game story. If it explicitly says they made a game-winning play itís the game-winning play story.
Thanks for responding. I wasn't sure you could get the same type of story more than once in a season. But it definitely mentioned record-breaking twice.
Old 12-19-2017, 04:05 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 3

OMN - is the trait below good performance against rival, or good performance, if it happens in the All Star game? In other words, is this a guaranteed SS?

"Player was one of the better DBs in the All-Star game, shutting down any receiver he was matched against"
Old 12-20-2017, 10:28 AM   #30
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
OMN - is the trait below good performance against rival, or good performance, if it happens in the All Star game? In other words, is this a guaranteed SS?

"Player was one of the better DBs in the All-Star game, shutting down any receiver he was matched against"

Thatís the all star good performance story. If there was no all star MVP heíll be SS. If there was also an MVP heíll have a 50:25:25 shot of normal, quick or SS.

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 12-20-2017, 10:37 AM   #31
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Thatís the all star good performance story. If there was no all star MVP heíll be SS. If there was also an MVP heíll have a 50:25:25 shot of normal, quick or SS.
Oh damn, there was an ASG MVP, so he's got 50% chance of normal? Not liking that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2018, 10:47 AM   #32
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Wanted to provide some more data based on my findings. I've been keeping much better track of the projected round for players in this recent draft. So I had most players' names in the draft board before stories started releasing. Which accurately gauges what stories are impacting their projected round positions.

I've had two inconsistent play stories leading to 1 round drops like the infographic shows.

I've had one consistent excellence story which led to +1 increase in projected round. Went from 2L to 1L. The infographic doesn't show an increase in round for that draft story.

I've also had one game-winning play story which led to a +1 increase in projected round. Went from 3E to 2E. The infographic doesn't mention an increase or anything for that draft story.

I've had game-winning play draft story two seasons ago as well. Which led to a QB jumping ahead of the others by going from 2E to 1E. So I definitely think that particular draft story is a +1 increase in projection.

Last edited by Devaster; 01-22-2018 at 02:47 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »