Home

How To Scout Development Traits - Infographic

This is a discussion on How To Scout Development Traits - Infographic within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2018, 06:38 PM   #33
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How To Scout Development Traits - Infographic

Thanks dude!

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 01-26-2018, 10:25 AM   #34
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
I've had one consistent excellence story which led to +1 increase in projected round. Went from 2L to 1L. The infographic doesn't show an increase in round for that draft story.

I've also had one game-winning play story which led to a +1 increase in projected round. Went from 3E to 2E. The infographic doesn't mention an increase or anything for that draft story.

I've had game-winning play draft story two seasons ago as well. Which led to a QB jumping ahead of the others by going from 2E to 1E. So I definitely think that particular draft story is a +1 increase in projection.

I see this from time to time myself, so you aren't the only one.

I feel like a lot of the projected round data is centered around the overall talent of the class. I could be wrong as I have no data to back it up, but I feel I tend to see this more often with less-talented classes overall.

If the class is pretty crappy and there isn't a lot of talent, these players who have great regular-season performances or game-winning plays usually bump up in front of the prospects who are way overrated, where they're projected to go 1st or 2nd round but have 3rd round or later talent.

But, if the overall class is pretty solid, I feel like I see this less often. That's really hard to pick up obviously, especially in an excel doc, but just an observation
Old 01-26-2018, 06:39 PM   #35
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sccavs64
I see this from time to time myself, so you aren't the only one.

I feel like a lot of the projected round data is centered around the overall talent of the class. I could be wrong as I have no data to back it up, but I feel I tend to see this more often with less-talented classes overall.

If the class is pretty crappy and there isn't a lot of talent, these players who have great regular-season performances or game-winning plays usually bump up in front of the prospects who are way overrated, where they're projected to go 1st or 2nd round but have 3rd round or later talent.

But, if the overall class is pretty solid, I feel like I see this less often. That's really hard to pick up obviously, especially in an excel doc, but just an observation
That isn't really how it works. Players are still assigned hard draft position slots like in the real draft or previous Maddens (M15 and earlier). M18 simply gives early/middle/late projections to # ranges in each round. 1-9 is early, 10-19 is middle, and 20-32 is late for each round. If a player gets a full round boost from a draft story that bumps every player down one position. Say that player was actually RD2 P21 (2L) and got a positive story and are now (1L). If you count to their position on the draft board they are now RD1 P21 (1L). And the player that was previously RD1 P32 (1L) is now RD2 P1 (2E). So as players get bumped up a round, there are always a corresponding number of players getting bumped down if they were on the edge of the round. Same goes for players getting bumped down due to negative stories. That can bring a player that was RD2 P1 (2E) to RD1 P32 (1L). But those players aren't actually seeing any draft position changes due to draft stories.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2018, 03:46 PM   #36
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
That isn't really how it works. Players are still assigned hard draft position slots like in the real draft or previous Maddens (M15 and earlier). M18 simply gives early/middle/late projections to # ranges in each round. 1-9 is early, 10-19 is middle, and 20-32 is late for each round. If a player gets a full round boost from a draft story that bumps every player down one position. Say that player was actually RD2 P21 (2L) and got a positive story and are now (1L). If you count to their position on the draft board they are now RD1 P21 (1L). And the player that was previously RD1 P32 (1L) is now RD2 P1 (2E). So as players get bumped up a round, there are always a corresponding number of players getting bumped down if they were on the edge of the round. Same goes for players getting bumped down due to negative stories. That can bring a player that was RD2 P1 (2E) to RD1 P32 (1L). But those players aren't actually seeing any draft position changes due to draft stories.

Yep this is correct.

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 02-08-2018, 04:44 PM   #37
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Weird. Don't know if this has happened before. I'm in Week 13 of the regular season and have had record breaker stories the last couple weeks. Anyway a LOLB broke a record for tackles for loss for a team in a season. He was 1M projection, but is now 2M. This has been the first time I have seen a player have a positive draft story and then drop a full round for their projection.

His archetype also changed from Prototype to 3-4 Pass Rusher. Maybe that is the reason his projection dropped from 1M to 2M.

Decided to finish fully scouting the player and he ended up being 6E talent. Still a good chance of having Quick of SS development, but probably not a very good OVR.

Last edited by Devaster; 02-08-2018 at 04:47 PM.
Old 02-20-2018, 02:04 PM   #38
Just started!

Hey OMN, I’ve been seeing players who start as one player type, but later in the season are changing to another. What follows is a player who physically is given the traits of the first archetype, but is then given the skill set of the second archetype. In our cfm for example, an early first qb began as a mobile qb. He’s 6’0 220 lbs. Come week 5 he changes to a strong arm player type and his scouted attributes are A thp b+ throw on run and b short accuracy. The kicker though is that he actually finished first in every combine event. I will post a picture ASAP but he started with a transition from another sport story line. Do you have any experience with players changing archetypes and what have you seen if you do. In my experience, these are the absolute unicorn players that the game puts in to emulate a Calvin Johnson or a russel Wilson type player.
Old 02-20-2018, 05:38 PM   #39
Rookie

elchristo's Arena

i picked a linebacker 5th overall, he was rated as the 1# pick, hes 83 overall but has a slow development, how did this happen
Old 02-20-2018, 06:31 PM   #40
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchristo
i picked a linebacker 5th overall, he was rated as the 1# pick, hes 83 overall but has a slow development, how did this happen
Well, what was his projected draft round? Any draft stories for that player? Even without a story a player still has a very small chance of being drafted with a Slow development and that chance is higher in the 1st round I believe.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »