Home

Optimum settings for QB to move?

This is a discussion on Optimum settings for QB to move? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2017, 09:27 PM   #25
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Optimum settings for QB to move?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Any more tests?
Just had another game against the Bengals.

QB Traits
Sense Pressure: Trigger Happy
Force Passes: Balanced

QB Ratings:
Acceleration: 80+
BCV: 99
Elusiveness: 99
Spin move: 99
Stiff arm: 99
Juke move: 99

*Why not - just curious to see what would happen. The 99 spin, stiff arm, and juke ratings didn't really do much*

CPU O-lineman ratings:
Stamina: All 99

My DE Mario Addison was injured going into the game...and my D line isn't exactly all that stacked now.

But only two sacks in this game.

One came from DT K. Short and the other from a LB blitz thanks to Shaq Thompson.

Aside from awareness, pass blocking, and impact blocking, I really feel stamina is the most crucial rating for sacks.

With 99 stamina, I'm not seeing any more back to back, hurry up offense sacks.

I'm going to keep testing but I'm liking what I'm seeing with this. Add in custom CPU playbooks with no 4 verts, curls, or spacing plays...and the CPU is giving me a big challenge. Even on all pro.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2017, 11:23 PM   #26
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

Just finished a game against Kurt Cousins and the Redskins.

I think I'm onto something here. I simply adjusted Cousins' player style to SCRAMBLING QB. I went into his player info tab and made him a MOBILE QB as well for good measure.

I also bumped his AGILITY up to 80. Might keep tweaking agility and even testing it at 99 just to see what happens.

Cousins made several concerted efforts to avoid pressure and even evaded the rush off the edge to throw the ball out of bounds. Both sacks I had were very fair - and he was even scrambling to try to get out of the pocket to throw the ball away.

Final Stats:
Cousins 18/28 - 289 yards - 1 TD 0 INT - 2 sacks

QB TRAITS:
Throw Ball Away: YES
Sense Pressure: TRIGGER HAPPY
Force Passes: BALANCED
QB Style: SCRAMBLING

QB RATINGS:
Agility: 75

CPU OFFENSIVE LINE RATINGS:
Stamina: 99

I'm going to replay the same exact team again tomorrow and see what happens. I'm heavily leaning toward giving every QB the scrambling and mobile type. Cousins didn't even take off once on me. So making these adjustments haven't seemed to impact the QB's "real life" style that much. If anything, it makes them play much more lifelike and not like an idiotic stone statue oblivious to anyone around them.
Old 10-15-2017, 08:57 AM   #27
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaggerCoach
Just finished a game against Kurt Cousins and the Redskins.

I think I'm onto something here. I simply adjusted Cousins' player style to SCRAMBLING QB. I went into his player info tab and made him a MOBILE QB as well for good measure.

I also bumped his AGILITY up to 80. Might keep tweaking agility and even testing it at 99 just to see what happens.

Cousins made several concerted efforts to avoid pressure and even evaded the rush off the edge to throw the ball out of bounds. Both sacks I had were very fair - and he was even scrambling to try to get out of the pocket to throw the ball away.

Final Stats:
Cousins 18/28 - 289 yards - 1 TD 0 INT - 2 sacks

QB TRAITS:
Throw Ball Away: YES
Sense Pressure: TRIGGER HAPPY
Force Passes: BALANCED
QB Style: SCRAMBLING

QB RATINGS:
Agility: 75

CPU OFFENSIVE LINE RATINGS:
Stamina: 99

I'm going to replay the same exact team again tomorrow and see what happens. I'm heavily leaning toward giving every QB the scrambling and mobile type. Cousins didn't even take off once on me. So making these adjustments haven't seemed to impact the QB's "real life" style that much. If anything, it makes them play much more lifelike and not like an idiotic stone statue oblivious to anyone around them.
Swagger, I posted it earlier.. just make every ab a scrambler and mobile it removes the statue QB issue... the only problem is they don’t take off like a real QB should but at least cures the sack issue...
Old 10-15-2017, 10:05 PM   #28
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

Just played the follow up Panthers vs Redskins game.

Same exact settings for Kirk Cousins and the Redskins.

BEST game of the year for AI QB play yet. Washington only surrendered 1 SACK.

Cousins stat line:

18/27 for 260 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT

Very pleased with what I saw. Like Sabo said, I think MOBILE type and SCRAMBLING style pretty much fixes the sack issue COMBINED with custom AI playbooks and player rating tweaks to put it over the top.

Very very happy.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:00 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 21

It is so interesting that a few users here have pretty much addressed the statue QB issue with the changes and edits described in this thread, and yet EA says they are looking at it and require more time.

I know they visit the site from time to time but man, they could really benefit by reading some of these threads and ease their troubleshooting/bug detection process.

Dollars to donuts the "fix" they come forward with (if they do) will still be lacking and probably will affect other areas of gameplay.

C
Old 10-16-2017, 08:09 AM   #30
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Slider makers can get the game playing fairly close to realism(based on the players skill set and what they consider realism) and that is what the sliders are there for.

Legacy coding is a whole another ball of wax, features on top of features over the years.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:12 AM   #31
Pro

OVR: 2

Where is it to set QB type to mobile? I don't see it anywhere.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2017, 09:56 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 21

I've tried every slider set out there and some of my own. None solve the issue and none come close to making the QBs play like those changes described in this thread.

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »