Home

Optimum settings for QB to move?

This is a discussion on Optimum settings for QB to move? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2017, 11:08 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Optimum settings for QB to move?

This is from an old 2011 thread but I think it applies due to feature stacking over the years: “Quote:

if flipped to one or the other then that position is regulated by only one set of animations and plays. i keep it on 50/50. if you put the HB on speed, watch the CPU put 8 in the box only when you select a running play. for power, watch the gang-tackle animation happen every time you touch the ball. i like that every position is on a 50/50 basis. that way it selects from the wide array of animations (if you can call it that) that all the positions have to offer.

So it is vastly important to remember that whatever settings you have on YOUR TEAM are the ones that have an effect on the games that you play. This means that the priority and style sliders that you have set under your team's coaching settings have an effect on how BOTH teams play when you enter into a game.”

I have tested two games by making my qb style on MY coaching scheme to balanced instead of matching it to my qb type without any edits to opposing qb. The cpu qb seems to move and haven’t seen a statue yet, I’ve only had 2 sacks in 2 games while playing k.mack as the LE. This may be worth looking at.

BTW all pro joshC’s slider theory,9 min quarters ,no acell clock, slow game speed, 50 stam, 30 inj

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-16-2017, 11:26 AM   #34
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
I've tried every slider set out there and some of my own. None solve the issue and none come close to making the QBs play like those changes described in this thread.

C
I agree with part of this, but there are slider threads that discuss the issue in earnest. Heck, coaching adjustments even aid in this issue.

Taking everything altogether, sliders, coaching adjustments and tinkering with QB traits all help solve the issue, some more than others.
Old 10-16-2017, 04:26 PM   #35
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlefedchaney2001
This is from an old 2011 thread but I think it applies due to feature stacking over the years: “Quote:

if flipped to one or the other then that position is regulated by only one set of animations and plays. i keep it on 50/50. if you put the HB on speed, watch the CPU put 8 in the box only when you select a running play. for power, watch the gang-tackle animation happen every time you touch the ball. i like that every position is on a 50/50 basis. that way it selects from the wide array of animations (if you can call it that) that all the positions have to offer.

So it is vastly important to remember that whatever settings you have on YOUR TEAM are the ones that have an effect on the games that you play. This means that the priority and style sliders that you have set under your team's coaching settings have an effect on how BOTH teams play when you enter into a game.”

I have tested two games by making my qb style on MY coaching scheme to balanced instead of matching it to my qb type without any edits to opposing qb. The cpu qb seems to move and haven’t seen a statue yet, I’ve only had 2 sacks in 2 games while playing k.mack as the LE. This may be worth looking at.

BTW all pro joshC’s slider theory,9 min quarters ,no acell clock, slow game speed, 50 stam, 30 inj

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Wait...so are you saying that if under YOUR team's coach scheme, if you have your QB set to MOBILE, it will effect the AI of the CPU team's QB?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2017, 04:31 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude
Where is it to set QB type to mobile? I don't see it anywhere.
Can someone help me with this? Am I blind? I only see where to put the QB to scrambler.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:09 PM   #37
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude
Can someone help me with this? Am I blind? I only see where to put the QB to scrambler.
On edit player. Go to player info (first tab). At the bottom is QB TYPE.
Old 10-17-2017, 02:19 AM   #38
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

I actually changed all the coaching schemes for all positions to balanced & all the player traits to balanced in the first tab. Not really sure yet about the QB but I feel the rest of the players play more organically. Need to test this theory more though.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 10-17-2017 at 02:22 AM.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:06 AM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaggerCoach
Wait...so are you saying that if under YOUR team's coach scheme, if you have your QB set to MOBILE, it will effect the AI of the CPU team's QB?
Yes that’s the theory, it’s from an old post in this forum from 2011, I can’t post the direct link bc of my new account not having enough post but the title is “Examining Franchise’s Elephant in the room: Coaching Schemes” by tarantism. Excellent read and sheds light on how feature stacking over the years has affected things. Try changing qb under scheme in your cfm coaching scheme screen and watch the play calling and play style for the opponent cpu team change to match what you set. The theory states that the setting is set for you and the cpu when you start the game. Example is set it to West Coast and the cpu will call plays for a West Coast qb & the play style will also reflect, despite their player style. I’m guessing that’s why if you have mobile type in your scheme you’ll see pocket passers on the cpu team all of a sudden get read options called for them. I’ve seen it several times over several Madden tittles and I’ve always attributed it to this.There is even an older post I’ll find when I get back home on my pc that shows how player types affect decisions and play calling as well. Example being strong arm qb more willing to go deep, etc.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:16 AM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
I actually changed all the coaching schemes for all positions to balanced & all the player traits to balanced in the first tab. Not really sure yet about the QB but I feel the rest of the players play more organically. Need to test this theory more though.
In theory you shouldn't have to change the player type on the first tab in player edit, In an older post I have saved at home that setting is for a whole different set of decision making for the cpu. Ex. Strong arm QB's that are set to that in that tab will be much more willing to take deep shots, etc. I posed the thread that I based this whole "theory" on and it basically says your coaching scheme settings are set for you AND for the CPU when you start a game, which effects play calling and play style of the opposing cpu. I believe that the player type under edit player is more of a "nudge" or a "little guy on shoulder influence" on how a player makes decisions based on what he is presented with. IE big mauler trying to drive to the ground or Red Zone Threat trying to aggressively catch all the time. I haven't tested this in a while though because I usually set all my scheme to balanced to try and get the widest variety of animations unlocked for the CPU and myself, because in "theory" the animations are also tied to the coaching scheme setting as well, meaning setting one way or another limits the animations or defense’s called against you. Balanced seems to allow most if not all animations and balances out how the cpu calls the game against you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »