Home

B+ Throwing Power?

This is a discussion on B+ Throwing Power? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2017, 03:25 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: B+ Throwing Power?

Would I take a 22 year old Superstar development QB that early?

Yes, yes I would. He could have B- Throwing Power and I'd still draft him with that age/development lol
Old 10-11-2017, 03:48 PM   #10
MVP

Throwing power is the most important attribute for a qb. To me it outweighs everythjng else by a long way. I have never failed to make any drafted qb into a star if they had a tp and they played. It is too hard to upgrade to draft a b+.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:55 PM   #11

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

I had Alex Smith as my backup in year 4 and his throw power had gone down to 84 and I was still successful but I didn't try and stretch the field too much either. Granted I already play a west coast style offense and prefer accuracy over throw power but that's just my own personal preference. I think you can be successful but like another poster mentioned it all comes down to your own personal scheme in the end.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2017, 07:10 PM   #12
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Just wanted to say this is a really excellent thread. It highlights how in this aspect of the game, at least, you have to make what amounts to "real" football decisions with regards to QB evaluation.

Kudos.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:46 PM   #13
Rookie

JDrama84's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Just wanted to say this is a really excellent thread. It highlights how in this aspect of the game, at least, you have to make what amounts to "real" football decisions with regards to QB evaluation.

Kudos.
Appreciate the kudos my man, but I will admit, I really needed the advice lol.

As many of you have said, scheme matters when dealing with a QB like this and I can confidently say that my offense is a true west coast offense. Very few deep shots. More of an emphasis on high completion passes, moving the chains, and avoiding turnovers.

I really like this player and don’t want to get caught up in arm strength, but I do think that arm strength matters when squeezing the ball into tight windows when throwing the intermediate passes.

The Superstar Dev trait ensures he will be incredible in almost every other aspect of his game. I just need to come to grips that he won’t be Brett Favre, but more like Joe Montana.

Thanks for the advice everyone!
Old 10-11-2017, 09:40 PM   #14
Rookie

Feros Ferio 7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDrama84
Appreciate the kudos my man, but I will admit, I really needed the advice lol.

As many of you have said, scheme matters when dealing with a QB like this and I can confidently say that my offense is a true west coast offense. Very few deep shots. More of an emphasis on high completion passes, moving the chains, and avoiding turnovers.

I really like this player and don’t want to get caught up in arm strength, but I do think that arm strength matters when squeezing the ball into tight windows when throwing the intermediate passes.

The Superstar Dev trait ensures he will be incredible in almost every other aspect of his game. I just need to come to grips that he won’t be Brett Favre, but more like Joe Montana.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

Simple answer as well as cost is low for upgrades the younger he is to spend early on arm strength if his accuracy and awareness are already high.

If you can take home OROY/OPOY/MVP/Pro Bowl you can move the needle real quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-11-2017, 09:43 PM   #15
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDrama84
I just need to come to grips that he won’t be Brett Favre, but more like Joe Montana.
I would actually much prefer the latter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2017, 12:04 AM   #16
Rookie

Legionnaire's Arena

OVR: 5

I'd take the guy.

His accuracy should be pretty good and West Coast guys can have some mobility too (Pretty sure I've had drafts where the fastest QB was a West Coast guy, not a "mobile" guy.)

My passing game is mainly built on short, accurate throws. And I'm usually all about protecting the ball and avoiding risks that turn into turnovers. So he'd work well for me. And when I do take my shots deep, it tends to be on badly mismatched situations where I've got a deep threat guy who I expect to abuse his man and pull away with plenty of separation for pretty much any QB to be able to hit him. (Or if I'm throwing a high pass on a seam route to my 6'7" TE, where I'm counting on his size and positioning to do all the work for me if he can't create any separation.)

If you mostly use short, accurate throws, the guy's a fit. If you're a big ball-protection guy, his accuracy is nice. If you're a scrambler type, there's a decent shot he'll prove at the combine to have the goods as a running threat.

If you're a gunslinger who makes risky throws and gambles all the time in tight windows, maybe you'd rather start with a bigger armed guy and build up his accuracy instead.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »