Home

Run/Pass commit under threat

This is a discussion on Run/Pass commit under threat within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2017, 02:30 AM   #81
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Run/Pass commit under threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Well yes, why would this surprise you?
In man, the MLB usually is assigned the HB; in in zone, a middle hook zone. While a completion to the running back or to anyone in midfield but not deep can result in a 3rd-and-very-long 1st down conversion, I'd say it more often doesn't, especially when playing Cover 2 and protecting the sticks. I play mostly Cover 2 Man in 3rd and very long, and even if the MLB is late covering the RB, it's usually takes a really shifty, fast back to get the first down.

To me, 3rd and very long is more than 10 yards, closer at minimum to 15 yards, usually the result of a sack on 1st or 2nd down. The guys I rely on in this situation are the DEs, the CBs, and the safeties.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2017, 10:04 AM   #82
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb61
In man, the MLB usually is assigned the HB; in in zone, a middle hook zone. While a completion to the running back or to anyone in midfield but not deep can result in a 3rd-and-very-long 1st down conversion, I'd say it more often doesn't, especially when playing Cover 2 and protecting the sticks. I play mostly Cover 2 Man in 3rd and very long, and even if the MLB is late covering the RB, it's usually takes a really shifty, fast back to get the first down.

To me, 3rd and very long is more than 10 yards, closer at minimum to 15 yards, usually the result of a sack on 1st or 2nd down. The guys I rely on in this situation are the DEs, the CBs, and the safeties.
3rd and very long is typically considered more than 12 yards.

Deep crossing routes over the middle.

If a linebacker is playing the underneath middle with depth that makes it a more difficult throw. If he bites on PA or otherwise comes up that throw just became a lot easier.
Old 10-23-2017, 06:18 PM   #83
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb61

I rely on all 11 to do their jobs. With the soft spot jn the middle in madden the mlb becomes pretty important.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:39 PM   #84
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
I rely on all 11 to do their jobs. With the soft spot jn the middle in madden the mlb becomes pretty important.
Yes, platitude aside, good play by the MLB is important, not as critical as it was 20 years ago but still important. But on 3rd and very long, the most critical elements to stopping a first-down completion are a pass rush, good coverage by the CBs, and safeties ready to protect the sticks. I think people may tend to underestimate the critical importance of PRC, especially for the MLB. It's the attribute I upgrade first and fastest, and I don't have complaints about my MLB biting on play action on 3rd and very long.

Last edited by mlb61; 10-23-2017 at 08:49 PM.
Old 10-27-2017, 07:56 AM   #85
MVP

OVR: 1

my point about the mbler wasnt his place in the coverage, he would be in man, mid read/hook or spy. it was that this 99 awr 99 prc bit on pa on 3rd and 15 + sometimes and in man blitzed the hb i cant remember if that happened in zone

my mlber is always my defensive superstar
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2017, 10:12 AM   #86
Pro

How do you do run / pass commit? And when? Pre-snap?
Old 10-27-2017, 10:40 AM   #87
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

See the Excessive Pancake Thread.....

and put me in the camp who wants this feature removed.....

because the cpu doesn't know how to use it....it winds up being a pancake fest......and it has essentially wreaked my user vs cpu experience.

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »