Home

Run/Pass commit under threat

This is a discussion on Run/Pass commit under threat within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2017, 10:47 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Run/Pass commit under threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
You may be right. I don't know that play recognition does the exact same thing though. Has it been tested?

O man, Clint gave me a breakdown of what PRC and awe do but I don't remember what was what...

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-14-2017, 10:57 PM   #34
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

I play against the CPU and I don't want run/pass commit to go anywhere off the strength of how wonky playcalling can get at times. There's nothing realistic about a offense going play-action on 3rd and 17, but it's something I'm still apt to see in this game, so I want a way to combat that.
Old 10-15-2017, 12:12 AM   #35
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by raypace1
O man, Clint gave me a breakdown of what PRC and awe do but I don't remember what was what...

Videos I have seen on YouTube about PRC and AWR in M18 have shown that they have absolutely do effect on reaction time or basically anything else; at least in the limited cases in which the tests were done, such as play action and draws and regular hand offs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2017, 12:35 AM   #36
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Videos I have seen on YouTube about PRC and AWR in M18 have shown that they have absolutely do effect on reaction time or basically anything else; at least in the limited cases in which the tests were done, such as play action and draws and regular hand offs.
The typo makes it impossible to understand what you mean.

Did you mean:
have shown that they have absolutely no effect on reaction
or
have shown that they absolutely do effect on reaction
Old 10-15-2017, 12:37 AM   #37
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
The typo makes it impossible to understand what you mean.

Did you mean:
have shown that they have absolutely no effect on reaction
or
have shown that they absolutely do effect on reaction
Whoops....Should be "no" effect on reaction time.

It is my conclusion that ratings ultimately do not matter on an individual level outside of such ratings as speed; speaking just as far as DB and WR interactions, most definitely, because I haven't bothered to test all positions and ratings.

From what I have gathered I agree that 91 is the threshold of actually being good at zone or Man coverage, but man is tricky, it doesn't help much in actually covering routes but you will get more hits that cause dropped passes or knock outs on such routes as outs and ins.

Streaks is really the only route that man cover should even be used as the DB has a 50/50 chance of making a play; usually a breakup. only other time where a DB has a chance is if the WR is severely less in ratings than the DB, which just doesn't really happen in madden.

I have tried this using the same team, so the overall was the same, using the Rams; then I used the rams on offense against the 91 overall chiefs, and coverage was much tighter and better, so I believe that the overall team rating affects the individual ratings..

I also believe this because in MUT the CPU teams will have "x" number of players at a given rating, lets say 90, and then all the other players could be in the 70's, but yet those players in the 70's play better than if the team had those same key players at 85. Essentially, building a team because of how ratings appear to work, you just need high rated players in the key positions like:

QB1
HB1
WR1
C1
LT1
TE1
CB1
S1
MLB1
DE1

and then just fill the rest of the positions with players in the 70's with the highest possible physical ratings like spd, acc, agi, etc and u would be fine.

(but anyway this is off topic)

I do hope that if run/pass commit is removed that they can add in more options for deep blue zones. I think if a person is going to user a player it is best to user a safety because they are the ones that generally have no run fit assignment, outside of Cover 4, while still allowing full view of the offense unlike trying to play CB.

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 10-15-2017 at 02:22 AM.
Old 10-15-2017, 06:28 AM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I think if a person is going to user a player it is best to user a safety because they are the ones that generally have no run fit assignment, outside of Cover 4, while still allowing full view of the offense unlike trying to play CB.

Nah. Just grab that DE, hot route to a zone. And run around in a circle...
Old 10-15-2017, 06:44 AM   #39
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by raypace1
Yea Clint has said that run/pass commit and base align are not realistic football strategies whatsoever in real life... I truly hope to see them removed...

If he's genuinely interested in removing things that aren't entirely realistic, XP in CFM should be top of that list...
Old 10-15-2017, 08:36 AM   #40
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
If he's genuinely interested in removing things that aren't entirely realistic, XP in CFM should be top of that list...
Also very true.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »