Home

Ponder of the day: If the internet didn't exist, would people still be complaining?

This is a discussion on Ponder of the day: If the internet didn't exist, would people still be complaining? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2017, 03:21 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Ponder of the day: If the internet didn't exist, would people still be complainin

if there was no internet then my madden would be pure and not infected or influenced by MUT ...
Old 10-17-2017, 05:11 PM   #34
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Ponder of the day: If the internet didn't exist, would people still be complainin

Quote:
Originally Posted by prey2god
Technically this is a moot point because if internet didn't exist, patches wouldn't exist as well.
I guess b4 patches,we,just dealt. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but when madden was on they play station 2 it did not have updates right?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2017, 05:35 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
I guess b4 patches,we,just dealt. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but when madden was on they play station 2 it did not have updates right?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yeah, unless there were changes on the server side (which did happen occasionally) there was no way of patching ps2 games and we just lived with it. One particular example I can remember of online gameplay changing was EA disabling fatigue in Madden '05 to deal with a glitch that caused the entire defense to run in quicksand.

Bugs have been around for as long as video games have, and will continue to be around for as long as they exist.

Last edited by bcruise; 10-17-2017 at 05:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2017, 10:46 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 3

I've been playing sports games since the early 90's. I never heard anyone complain but then the expectations were lower. I see people on the 2k boards complain because a player doesn't have a tattoo on the inside of their left wrist. I'm still amazed that players have eyes!!!

I honestly never remember complaining much about Madden until 2002. After years of playing with few improvements I was kind of bored. I complained about the QB movement being too stiff. Now with forums & YouTube, there are plenty of voices calling for better games. Problems that I might've missed are pointed out.

The only time I really complain is when I feel a game has taken a backward step. That I have problems with.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-19-2017, 12:49 PM   #37
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

OVR: 1

My two cents on this thread is that in the 'good old days' companies publishing games had a higher QA urgency because they knew once the game shipped there was no recourse to fix things with patches.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:04 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsaito
My two cents on this thread is that in the 'good old days' companies publishing games had a higher QA urgency because they knew once the game shipped there was no recourse to fix things with patches.

You would be wrong. So very wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2017, 01:54 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0

People wouldn't complain anywhere near as much. Negativity breeds like rats. I can't tell you how many times I've seen terrible review after terrible review on a video game and yet I still buy it and the game is awesome. I always wonder how many people miss out on a great game because of getting discouraged.

The biggest key is the gameplay. Without the internet, EA wouldn't have to worry about MUT and all these other modes. Once video game companies started being serious about online play, the regular gameplay started to suffer since there were so many more areas to focus on. EA also would have fine tune and bug test everything about the game, since there would be no internet to upload a patch. That, would result in a better game, which in hand would mean less complaining on top of my point about negativity breeding.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »