Home

Sacks Issue

This is a discussion on Sacks Issue within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2017, 06:47 PM   #9
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Sacks Issue

My testing in practice mode seems to suggest that lowering the Speed Threshold (even to only 40-45) helps with executing PA and screen passes without being sacked. Admittedly, the trade off in generally opening up the offense may not be worth it, and I have not tried it in enough Franchise modes to be satisfied even to my personal use, but that might be something to consider testing.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:34 PM   #10
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
My testing in practice mode seems to suggest that lowering the Speed Threshold (even to only 40-45) helps with executing PA and screen passes without being sacked. Admittedly, the trade off in generally opening up the offense may not be worth it, and I have not tried it in enough Franchise modes to be satisfied even to my personal use, but that might be something to consider testing.
So does raising the parity make for tighter coverage then?
Old 10-13-2017, 10:13 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I have, but I also don't have the best pass protecting line. My LT is around a 73 in PBK and my LG is below 80.

Through 4 games I think the fewest I've been sacked is 3 or 4 times, usually its 5 or 6.

I'm not raising my pass protection slider because while its an issue, its an issue I should be having with this team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2017, 10:29 PM   #12
Rookie

No issues getting sacked, but since the patch I've been sacking the CPU at an all time high. I've notched 7 sacks in each of my last 2 CFM games. I play 10 minute quarters with 15 second run off too, so not even full games. I don't blitz an extraordinary amount, either.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:35 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWood56
No issues getting sacked, but since the patch I've been sacking the CPU at an all time high. I've notched 7 sacks in each of my last 2 CFM games. I play 10 minute quarters with 15 second run off too, so not even full games. I don't blitz an extraordinary amount, either.
Yeah this is the biggest issue in the game I think.

In this same franchise the fewest times I've sacked the AI QB is 4 or 5, and that is with two 4-3 run stopping ends rated lower than 80. If you define a blitz as 5 or more than I blitz maybe 25-30% of the time, if a blitz is 6 or more than I blitz less than 10% of the time.

But its not due to an overpowering pass rush, its a playcall and QB AI issue.
Old 10-14-2017, 05:25 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 8

I raised the CPU pass block slider to 75 and while it brought my sack numbers in line with what would be expected it turned every CPU QB into Tom Brady.
Old 10-14-2017, 11:33 PM   #15
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
So does raising the parity make for tighter coverage then?
It creates less separation generally.

My testing at default+ Speed Threshold seemed to indicate as well there was something off with the timing of AI Screen plays, at least with the couple of teams I have tested this with. Reducing the threshold even to just 40-45 seemed to give a chance to the AI to make the read/play on these HB screens. (At 0, in practice mode, certain screen plays that previously were resulting in sacks over 50% of the time became unstoppable against the same defenses). The CPU still takes sacks on screen plays with a threshold reduction, but fewer of them.

Putting speed threshold below seemed to reduce the sacks on PA plays slightly, but the results were definitely within the "margin of error" and are inconclusive. So far, the best way to reduce sacks on PA passes seems to be a slight increase in Pass Blocking (55-60) combined with a significant decrease in Pass coverage (0-25). Testing with selected pass/defense combos (PA Post vs Cover 3/5 man blitz) reduced the rates of sacks from ~6.5/10 to ~3.5/10 (note, with WRC at 45 and QB Acc at 40, the completion rate with Pass coverage at <25 was still below 50% on this particular PA play & defense).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2017, 01:14 PM   #16
Rookie

thatmanGriffin's Arena

OVR: 0

Since the patch came out. I've been getting free runners coming at me just about every other play. My defensive sacks almost doubled. In my current cfm Houston has 29 sacks by himself and ford has 18.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »