Home

Excessive pancakes since recent patch

This is a discussion on Excessive pancakes since recent patch within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2017, 09:55 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Excessive pancakes since recent patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
Are you pass commiting?
Yes, that was in my post.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:50 PM   #74
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

just ugh

This was with user run blocking set to 6 on all madden sim...... I didn't pass commit once vs however many times the cpu decided to. Those pancakes were all triggered by the dumb cpu ai using the stupid "Pass Commit" feature.

The only way to semi play the game vs the cpu now, is to have a house rule of no audibles into a run....when you have called a pass from the play call screen.

Even if you just call a straight power run and stick to it.... they'll still guess wrong and trigger the ridiculousness of 4 or more guys getting pancaked 1-3 times a game.

I don't think I can play the game with this issue.....which drives me crazy because I had just about got the cpu qbs to where it was serviceable for me with sliders/traits

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 10-27-2017 at 12:57 PM.
Old 10-27-2017, 06:13 PM   #75
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

tweeted rex,clint,and simfballcritic about this....hope they see how the CPU cant handle the added penalty to the pass commit.

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 10-27-2017 at 06:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2017, 08:23 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan

just ugh

This was with user run blocking set to 6 on all madden sim...... I didn't pass commit once vs however many times the cpu decided to. Those pancakes were all triggered by the dumb cpu ai using the stupid "Pass Commit" feature.

The only way to semi play the game vs the cpu now, is to have a house rule of no audibles into a run....when you have called a pass from the play call screen.

Even if you just call a straight power run and stick to it.... they'll still guess wrong and trigger the ridiculousness of 4 or more guys getting pancaked 1-3 times a game.

I don't think I can play the game with this issue.....which drives me crazy because I had just about got the cpu qbs to where it was serviceable for me with sliders/traits
Them steeler wr pancakes remind me of the old days when hines ward used to lead tbe league in pancakes in madden.
Old 11-03-2017, 04:52 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

First time for everything. This happened during the first CPU game that I watched after installing 1.06. Sliders default including fatigue, All-Pro.

Obviously, nothing here can be user-induced. And as you can probably tell from the field position, it was the start of a drive where linemen shouldn't be tired. So having the weak box pancake situation come up here is a problem.

Last edited by bcruise; 11-03-2017 at 04:54 PM.
Old 11-03-2017, 05:27 PM   #78
Rookie

cubsfan128's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
First time for everything. This happened during the first CPU game that I watched after installing 1.06. Sliders default including fatigue, All-Pro.

Obviously, nothing here can be user-induced. And as you can probably tell from the field position, it was the start of a drive where linemen shouldn't be tired. So having the weak box pancake situation come up here is a problem.
Dang, was hoping they fixed it with the patch... holding out hope that the next title update in a few weeks will fix it

I do commentaries for sports games such as MLB The Show, Madden, NCAA Football, and more! Stop by and I promise you won't regret it!
Old 11-06-2017, 07:52 PM   #79
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
"As intended" doesn't mean right. If they intended to have 4 simultaneous identical animations in which the opponent's entire defensive line get pancaked by my inferior offensive line, I question their intentions.
Yes. But I can't seem them wanting that.
Old 11-07-2017, 11:05 AM   #80
Banned

This happens to me about 5 to 10 times a game. I run the ball ALOT, like 35 to 45 times.

What gets me is this happens on pass plays sometimes as well, so add another 5 to 10 times a game.

Its silly they cant fix these issues. But I suppose most people are showing offline CFM. And they have no dev's on that, so good luck to us I guess.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »