Home

Excessive pancakes since recent patch

This is a discussion on Excessive pancakes since recent patch within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2017, 08:35 PM   #81
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Excessive pancakes since recent patch

I`m on 1.03 and this is not happening. THis was introduced later on.

Since i`m a bit older and wiser i learned not to update anymore lol.

I play strictly Offline and to be honest my only complains were QB taking sacks and SIM XP. None of these were fixed it so i just skipping patches again this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2017, 09:05 AM   #82
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

So i only play online cfm, and it happens there too. This is just one example of many that have happened to me :

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/188115951

I picked a 4-6 defense in cover 3. My dline is flattened at snap , all 1 vs 1 . This is on all pro as well.

Here is my real issue with all this. I see this if im in 4-3,3-4,4-4, 4-6 . ive seen it in all these formations NOT picking pass commit. The video above i did not pick pass commit , i pulled my line in and told them to pinch....yet pancakes all day.

I wont eve run dollar defense this madden, because if i do, my opponent can just audible to a run and get a high chance of auto pancakes. Also guys are now running 1-3-1 sets alot, because it gives them the extra blocking and unles you run goalline defense your risking a pancake fest. But if you pick goalline you better have some awesome dbs because opponent then audibles to a pass play.This is beyond frustrating and killing enjoyment of the game ( among many other things like no real physics).

The thing i really want to focus on about this. This was done to keep people from running quarters defensive formation and stuffing the runs like they have been able to do for years. But instead of fixing the real problem ( bad blocking) they instead put this band aid on it. So now instead of really fixing the problem , they just added even more problems to the game that now need time , money , and energy spent to fix it. So we had 1 problem, sorta fixed it ( but not at the root of the problem) and now added numerous other issues due to it.

How is this really productive or worth the time they are spending "fixing" things , when what they are introducing really just causes more problems to be fixed. Its like the dug one hole, now they right beside it digging another hole to fill the first hole, yet making a deeper hole in the process. The issue is , they are not fixing the game, they slapping band aids on it causing more. This game can not move forward like this.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 11-08-2017, 11:07 AM   #83
MVP

OVR: 0

"This game can not move forward like this"

It is decisions like putting things like this in the game that leads me to believe they need new people making decisions. I guess it is just too hard for them to make the game play realistically that when a full back is blocking a 180 pound corner at speed because they are playing quarters against an i formation to get crushed they just make everybody get crushed. It is another way they make ratings not matter. Strength and weight and blkshd/ib should determine win/loss outcomes but madden has no concept of weight and momentum.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:14 PM   #84
Rookie

Sorry to revive... but was there ever any understanding of what causes this? Other than the CPU saying "F this defense"?

I just played a H2H game online, Falcons vs Falcons, and the dudes OL flattened me at LEAST 10 times. That's roughly 30% of the plays. Where as, my OL and general blocking couldn't even give 2 craps about what was happening.

I mainly run 3-4 Odd Tampa 2. Frustrating when it seems like the game just decides to heavily support one player.
Old 03-12-2018, 04:48 PM   #85
MVP

OVR: 15

from my knowledge this was only against the cpu, and it was a glitch regarding run/pass commit. Whatever you just experienced seems unrelated as they fixed it a few weeks ago.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2018, 08:05 PM   #86
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by j1mmycr4ckc0rn
Sorry to revive... but was there ever any understanding of what causes this? Other than the CPU saying "F this defense"?

I just played a H2H game online, Falcons vs Falcons, and the dudes OL flattened me at LEAST 10 times. That's roughly 30% of the plays. Where as, my OL and general blocking couldn't even give 2 craps about what was happening.

I mainly run 3-4 Odd Tampa 2. Frustrating when it seems like the game just decides to heavily support one player.
This thread was to combat the bug of the CPU getting pancaked by users. It can still happen in User vs User games. I'm not sure what triggers it against others users though. Probably committing to pass in a soft front.
Old 03-13-2018, 12:18 AM   #87
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
This thread was to combat the bug of the CPU getting pancaked by users. It can still happen in User vs User games. I'm not sure what triggers it against others users though. Probably committing to pass in a soft front.
I don't run commit or pass commit. Just not part of how I play. I usually broadcast my games to a YouTube account, but forgot to turn it on for this one, or I'd share it.

Was just hoping to know if it was something controllable, as opposed to just the overall system creating advantages at random.
Old 03-13-2018, 12:44 AM   #88
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

As I understand it, the pancaking stuff is triggered by the game's "Weak Box" logic, in which the game would give a boost to the offense's run blocking effectiveness if the defense came out in a poor run defense. An extreme example of this would be a 3 TE set by the offense lined up against a Dime defense. This logic used to trigger in both User v User and User v CPU games, but was limited to just User v User games following a title update in February.

I am going to guess you are getting hit with the Weak Box penalty because Cover 2 is not a run defense in Madden. It consistently only puts seven defenders at most in the box (fewer as more DBs replace linebackers, such as in Nickel and Dime sets). You can view the run fit for your current play by pulling up Coach Cam (hold R2 / RT) and then holding Square or Circle (X / B) depending on which side you think the offense will run toward. Different coverages add more defenders to the run fit, such as Cover 3 (which adds one of the safeties to the run fit for a maximum of eight run defenders) or Cover 4 (which puts both safeties in the run fit for a maximum of nine run defenders).

If you insist on playing Cover 2, you might try the Show Blitz preplay adjustment to drop a safety into the box (Triangle / Y, then left stick left). This will put you in really bad position to defend against a vertical route on that safety's side of the field, however.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »