Home

Excessive pancakes since recent patch

This is a discussion on Excessive pancakes since recent patch within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-22-2017, 04:01 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Excessive pancakes since recent patch

Definitely is happening for me HUM vs CPU, 12 personnel vs base D, All-Madden w/RBK slider at 45.

Overall rushing numbers through 10 games are pretty normal so no complaints from a macro perspective but this looks terrible and feels cheap when it happens in game. It's interesting that this never happens when the CPU is running the ball and I'm in my base D, I guess whatever is messed up only works one way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-23-2017, 02:13 AM   #50
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jersey Giants
Game is broken. I'm done
You're sure it's not reversed?
Old 10-23-2017, 12:57 PM   #51
MVP

pimpycraig's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Yeah, Iíve seen it, too. I do tend to believe it happens when itís Ďsupposed toí.
? I saw 6 pancakes on a single play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2017, 02:46 PM   #52
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpycraig
? I saw 6 pancakes on a single play.

Yeah, I agree. Itís too much and unrealistic. What Iím also saying is that for me, it happened near the end of long drives in the 3rd and 4th quarter. So, I think the D was Ďgassedí and therefore shouldíve been less effective leading to more pancakes. But, yes, 6 pancakes on any Play is ridiculous. Lol. Iím pretty sure Iíve seen all 4 Dlineman on a 4-3 D on their backs followed by a Safety or both safeties. Lol. So, yeah, again, Iím not saying itís realistic. Iím just saying it feels like they overpowered the ĎDline is tired from being on the field too longí.

Old 10-23-2017, 02:53 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Yeah, I agree. It’s too much and unrealistic. What I’m also saying is that for me, it happened near the end of long drives in the 3rd and 4th quarter. So, I think the D was ‘gassed’ and therefore should’ve been less effective leading to more pancakes. But, yes, 6 pancakes on any Play is ridiculous. Lol. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen all 4 Dlineman on a 4-3 D on their backs followed by a Safety or both safeties. Lol. So, yeah, again, I’m not saying it’s realistic. I’m just saying it feels like they overpowered the ‘Dline is tired from being on the field too long’.

Interesting...there's a very high chance of it being connected to fatigue then. The game also has an issue with false starts at times where an entire O-line will sometimes move early. That's also fatigue related in the same way - it happens on long drives or at the end of games. However, at least that one can be controlled with something other than the Fatigue slider - leaving the False Start slider at 50 caps that specific penalty so it can't happen more than a few times a game.

I always wondered if the high fatigue settings some slider sets use were breaking the game in ways we couldn't notice. There's more evidence to make that case now. Unfortunately raising fatigue is the only way to get the CPU to rotate its players outside of 32 team control (the autosub default fix to CFM helps but doesn't do enough). So it's a catch-22.
Old 10-23-2017, 04:03 PM   #54
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Interesting...there's a very high chance of it being connected to fatigue then. The game also has an issue with false starts at times where an entire O-line will sometimes move early. That's also fatigue related in the same way - it happens on long drives or at the end of games. However, at least that one can be controlled with something other than the Fatigue slider - leaving the False Start slider at 50 caps that specific penalty so it can't happen more than a few times a game.

I always wondered if the high fatigue settings some slider sets use were breaking the game in ways we couldn't notice. There's more evidence to make that case now. Unfortunately raising fatigue is the only way to get the CPU to rotate its players outside of 32 team control (the autosub default fix to CFM helps but doesn't do enough). So it's a catch-22.
I've seen the false start issue happen on long drives by the CPU. They will start getting a false start continuously. Had it happen 5-6 times in a row at one point. Pausing the game or entering/exiting supersim appeared to fix the issue by allowing players to recover from fatigue. I didn't realize fatigue may be the issue until seeing your post though.
Old 10-23-2017, 04:15 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
I've seen the false start issue happen on long drives by the CPU. They will start getting a false start continuously. Had it happen 5-6 times in a row at one point. Pausing the game or entering/exiting supersim appeared to fix the issue by allowing players to recover from fatigue. I didn't realize fatigue may be the issue until seeing your post though.
Yeah, exactly. I feel like people see the 5-6 in a row and notice that as being a problem (I've seen it in that way too), but they may not notice that it's the entire line jumping sometimes to cause - that's a sign that the problem runs deeper than it just being a bug or something. It seems like it's designed that way, and players accumulating too much fatigue tends to screw up the game in various ways.

There are three big things I can think of that raising fatigue too high will cause in Madden:

The aforementioned false start "glitch" - assuming you have false start frequency set above 50
The subject of this thread - the excessive pancakes similar to a "weak box" situation
Players disappearing near the end of the game (autosub %'s dictate that they simply can't return once their energy for the game drops below a certain level)

The latter has been minimized somewhat thanks to the autosub defaults in CFM being adjusted this year, but I have still seen it with fatigue cranked up on occasion. It was a really big issue in previous Maddens.

Who's to say that excessive fatigue doesn't break even MORE things that we don't notice?

Last edited by bcruise; 10-23-2017 at 04:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2017, 04:32 PM   #56
MVP

pimpycraig's Arena

OVR: 7

I'll have to see if it's at the end of drives the next time it happens.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »