Home

Madden NFL 18 Got a Huge New Patch: Here is How It Is Playing Now

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Got a Huge New Patch: Here is How It Is Playing Now within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2017, 01:04 PM   #17
Tiger Paw

tyberious4now's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 18 Got a Huge New Patch: Here is How It Is Playing Now

It's a Damm shame I'm not able to get my football fix this year.........
Old 10-18-2017, 01:18 PM   #18
Pro

SilverChaosVII's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyberious4now
It's a Damm shame I'm not able to get my football fix this year.........
Doesn't it suck?

I'm dying to play a football game. But this is the only one and it's terrible.
Old 10-18-2017, 01:50 PM   #19
Pro

Devaster's Arena

OVR: 0

Haven't had a lot of issues with penalties. I've seen some roughing the kicker/punter on me. Offensive line holding penalties seem alright, but there could be a couple more. That is one of the ticky tack penalties I hate in the real NFL though as often times they are ticky tacky and called just to kill a team's drive/momentum.

DPI is called well enough. OPI only appears to be called on illegal pick types of plays. I see OPI called on me at least 75% of the time I call a PA bubble screen because one of my receivers is blocking too early. I've seen some receivers push off on deep balls and never be called for OPI.

Facemask penalties are called well enough. I've yet to see a roughing the passer I think though. Might need to increase that one.

Zone coverage has been disappointing. I primarily play zone coverage. Often times my defenders won't even make it into their zones after the ball is snapped. And they get stuck in an area they shouldn't be covering.

edit: So far this has only happened in one game this season, but when I played the Cowboys Dak and the OLine were called for a false start on nearly every 1st down. Was crazy. Hasn't happened in any other games. I still have two games left in the season and the Cowboys are week 17, so I'm curious if that will happen again. Also blocked Dan Bailey twice in that game.
Old 10-18-2017, 02:11 PM   #20
Rookie

Crossing Routes are a kryptonite to Man Coverage, that's should be one of the first routes you put into your gameplan when facing Man coverage teams.
Old 10-18-2017, 02:32 PM   #21
Rookie

Maybe next year...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2017, 02:46 PM   #22
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Def Holding is definitely borked this year, it worked fine the previous two cycles, I cranked the slider up and saw it called more often. This year I've had the slider at 85 in our 32-man league all season and have not had a single user in 14 weeks see a Def Holding called yet.

The other penalty sliders work fine. Roughing is a little too sensitive--called frequently at 51, almost never at 50. But it works.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 10-18-2017, 03:23 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
Def Holding is definitely borked this year, it worked fine the previous two cycles, I cranked the slider up and saw it called more often. This year I've had the slider at 85 in our 32-man league all season and have not had a single user in 14 weeks see a Def Holding called yet.

The other penalty sliders work fine. Roughing is a little too sensitive--called frequently at 51, almost never at 50. But it works.
That seems to be the norm for many of the sliders over the years.
50 -- not enough
51 -- okay its more, but still not there
52 -- holy hell flags are flying like confetti
Old 10-18-2017, 05:06 PM   #24
Reignman Baby!

SonicBoom2040's Arena

OVR: 2

With all due respect for anyone in this thread....play now is not a good way to test sliders. I have almost literally used everyone's sliders this year and have not seen one DH call....seen maybe two PI...no more than 10 penalties between two teams in ANY cfm game I have played...about 50....

Just last night seen late hit out of bounds called even though was tackled in bounds and took to the ground. Also seen blatant PI on defense...not even overthrown... And not called. Yet had CPU overthrow ten yards over AND behind on a play and I hit the receiver anyway..flag for PI...not any other penalty.

This game to me...as ive played every single one since the first...is the same to me with the exception of 16 and maybe 17. And thats slightly different...penalty wise..gameplay wise its just the same bs every year...I put the game on the shelf as I'm having an awesome time with 2k18.

My first advice to any developer of this game...add more sliders ala 2k18. Weed out legacy stuff cuz they still exist. 2020 I may pick it up again IF in see some good recommendations from this group overall on OS. Again...just my opinion... Take it for what its worth. Everyone has their own experience. Just mine has been headache after headache every year. Dont even get me started on special teams....I mean.....wow

Last edited by SonicBoom2040; 10-18-2017 at 05:09 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »