Home

Madden NFL 18 Got a Huge New Patch: Here is How It Is Playing Now

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Got a Huge New Patch: Here is How It Is Playing Now within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2017, 01:32 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 18 Got a Huge New Patch: Here is How It Is Playing Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
So you are saying, with all penalty sliders at 50, you were seeing defensive holding?
That's my question, too. I find it really hard to believe that when even the staunchest Madden defenders admit DH does NOT work at all!

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2017, 11:31 AM   #42
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm afraid to run the ball now post patch. I just played a game vs Seattle where my o-line was pancaking the entire defensive line routinely and I had over 400 yards rushing with my 2nd and 3rd string running backs
Old 10-23-2017, 12:06 AM   #43

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

Look...I dont have the same amount of problems with M18 that most everyone has. Sure there are some areas of weakness but they have to patch the QB issue.

There is NO QB in the NFL that is going top stand there like a statue and get pummeled by my Steelers D for 7 first half sacks. Especially not a HOFer like Drew Brees. PERIOD!!!!

Too many times, the AI QB misses the checkdown at minimum. If EA does not release a patch for M18 addressing the statue QB next..this game is relegated to playing a half here and there. The gameplay is pretty good and the graphics are sick but the QB standing there is inexcusable.

EA..looking forward to the next patch and i am really looking forward to seeing the patch notes fixning the above.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:33 AM   #44
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandeezee
All the penalties work including defensive holding.

Before I did my slider thingy, I got more defensive holding than offensive holding!

We mess the penalties up when we start messing with the sliders. I got mine about right to where I see 1 or 2 defensive holdings a game.

The penalties and attributes are connected. Going too extreme with any of them throws the game off.

Those of you placing DH at 99 are only assuring you will never see one. Leave from 50 to 60.
What is your DH slider set at? I think mine is 51, but I really haven't seen any DH. Usually DPI gets called instead, but that is because they mug my receiver when he is about to separate. I've definitely seen some holding and never had it called though. All of the other penalties are fine for me.
Old 10-23-2017, 09:30 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
At what point does it become a lie? Does it become a lie in hindsight? Maybe it took them some time to figure why the penalties aren't working. Who knows, really. I've only seen it asked recently.

The penalties were working in 16
It becomes a lie when we give them $60 for something, and that thing that we gave them $60 for is not how they described. In the consumer world, that's a lie. Madden isn't an early access, early release beta. EA hid the game from people until about a week before release, and then had all of this bluster about "Day zero patches" that never existed, which had people swearing that the game played differently at E3 and these missing features must be bugs of the latest build.

Well, nah, they just fabricated what made the cut and what didn't, didn't allow any previews, only allowed selected footage, didn't allow commentary before release, and we're the suckers per usual.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2017, 10:37 PM   #46
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/features

Is there anything missing in the above link that isn't in the game?

Sure looks like how it's described in the link above and in the consumer world, that link above is not a lie, no matter how someone wants to spin it.

Last edited by roadman; 10-23-2017 at 10:54 PM.
Old 10-24-2017, 03:51 AM   #47
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/features

Is there anything missing in the above link that isn't in the game?

Sure looks like how it's described in the link above and in the consumer world, that link above is not a lie, no matter how someone wants to spin it.
I don't want to get into the debate if it's a lie or not, but clicking "learn more" on game styles led me to this paragraph:

Simulation is the authentic NFL experience. This is the game style plays true to player and team ratings and NFL rules. This game style includes all supported penalties, injuries, and other random outcomes you see every Sunday. The players on your roster and the schemes you employ will be critical to success when playing Simulation. This is the game mode for players that are fans of football and want to play a game that’s true to that form. Simulation is the default style for connected franchise mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
ok ..............

https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/...ew-game-styles

"Injuries and penalties occur at a rate on par with real-world NFL statistics and data"

This is talking about simulation mode.

How soon we are willing to forget..... this was pre launch, so seems they must have tested it to make this statement no? i mean im no game dev, but i know how things in a business should work. You dont make claims on things you know are not sure if they work or not.
DOH! Can see this point was already made... Sorry!
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame

Last edited by kongemeier; 10-24-2017 at 06:29 AM.
Old 10-24-2017, 05:32 AM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongemeier
I don't want to get into the debate if it's a lie or not, but clicking "learn more" on game styles led me to this paragraph:

Simulation is the authentic NFL experience. This is the game style plays true to player and team ratings and NFL rules. This game style includes all supported penalties, injuries, and other random outcomes you see every Sunday. The players on your roster and the schemes you employ will be critical to success when playing Simulation. This is the game mode for players that are fans of football and want to play a game that’s true to that form. Simulation is the default style for connected franchise mode.
Bwahahahaha....sorry, but that's a joke! Not even close to being true.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »