Home

How many have already stopped playing m18?

This is a discussion on How many have already stopped playing m18? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Game of the Year 2021: Forza Horizon 5
Best Sports Game Trend in 2021: College Sports Coming Back
Best Franchise Mode in 2021: NBA 2K22

Old 10-28-2017, 10:50 AM   #97

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: How many have already stopped playing m18?

I finished 3 seasons and won the Super Bowl in season 3, once I did that I couldn't force myself to play anymore. With CFM being so lackluster there was nothing to pull me in and trying to win back to back Super Bowls wasn't doing it either. I love the NFL, used to love playing Madden, but their direction has swung so wildly away from the direction I wish the franchise was headed that I see my time with this franchise becoming less and less as the years go forward.
Old 10-28-2017, 10:50 AM   #98
Rookie

airraid73's Arena

OVR: 0

As many as you have stated , first time ever I didnt but Madden I'm 43 yrs old and I feel strange not having one bc I've bought every copy since the 90s, still playing ncaa14 for football gaming. Hell ! I still have a 80s handheld football game and electric football game as well, might fire them up..lol

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
Old 10-29-2017, 10:55 AM   #99
Rookie

Cato06's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
I finished 3 seasons and won the Super Bowl in season 3, once I did that I couldn't force myself to play anymore. With CFM being so lackluster there was nothing to pull me in and trying to win back to back Super Bowls wasn't doing it either. I love the NFL, used to love playing Madden, but their direction has swung so wildly away from the direction I wish the franchise was headed that I see my time with this franchise becoming less and less as the years go forward.
This is another huge reason i stopped too. Just the overall feeling of accomplishing nothing after winning the super bowl. I also think its way to easy to draft and scout. I usually have 4 linebackers that are all rated above 90 by season 4. Just sucks the fun right out of it when you have an all pro team and don't feel any urgency to re sign anyone because you know how easy it will be to find their replacement in the draft.
Old 10-31-2017, 11:56 AM   #100
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueauvan
this is also the forum for all maddens and nfl2k and ncaa etc
This is the Madden forum. There are different forums for the other games you mention.
Old 10-31-2017, 12:55 PM   #101
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

After I saw this thread I actually started up a new franchise and was pretty excited to play again, so technically I haven't stopped playing as I had said a few days ago. I got through half of the season before stopping. The game looks so amazing, and has great potential in some areas. There are some things I really love like the draft classes and the graphics. But there are some parts of the game that are still so bad, like franchise mode and CPU AI, that just hold things back and ruin the whole package for me. I actually don't think I've completed a single season of Madden 18 yet and its been months - which is a Madden first for me. For no other reason then blind optimism I do remain hopeful for 19 though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2017, 01:07 PM   #102
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
After I saw this thread I actually started up a new franchise and was pretty excited to play again, so technically I haven't stopped playing as I had said a few days ago. I got through half of the season before stopping. The game looks so amazing, and has great potential in some areas. There are some things I really love like the draft classes and the graphics. But there are some parts of the game that are still so bad, like franchise mode and CPU AI, that just hold things back and ruin the whole package for me. I actually don't think I've completed a single season of Madden 18 yet and its been months - which is a Madden first for me. For no other reason then blind optimism I do remain hopeful for 19 though.
I'm still working to get this game to play right myself, even after my blown gasket "I'm over it" post.

Do you use custom books? That helps a lot with AI, though it doesn't alleviate all the problems?
Old 10-31-2017, 01:10 PM   #103
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Do you use custom books? That helps a lot with AI, though it doesn't alleviate all the problems?
haven't used any custom playbooks. my main issue is the QB and HB AI. I put the sliders heavily in the CPUs favor and it doesn't matter, the AI is just so bad that the QB makes bad decisions and the HB runs right into my defenders.
Old 10-31-2017, 06:24 PM   #104
Banned

I'm close. Sick of playing against these guys who copy from YouTube every darn game

Sent from my 5049W using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »