Home

How many have already stopped playing m18?

This is a discussion on How many have already stopped playing m18? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2017, 06:41 PM   #105
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: How many have already stopped playing m18?

I'm getting close to throwing in the towel or at least taking an extended vacation after 2.5 seasons. Every game feels exactly the same and there just isn't any replayability. At least in a game like The Show, you face a new pitcher every day with a new repertoire of pitches among other things. Out of all sports, I think football requires the most from a strategy point of view and madden does a really bad job replicating that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2017, 06:46 PM   #106
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0
How many have already stopped playing m18?

Lol I played the first week of release, and then have checked in once every 2 or 3 weeks. Usually play about one quarter before I’m like ‘Oh right. That’s why I hate this game.’ Its sad but, it genuinely makes me wish I didn’t like football so much. I get suckered in every year because of my love of the sport.
Old 10-31-2017, 07:19 PM   #107
Rookie

VTWiseGuy's Arena

Ending up trading in 17 and picked up The Show 16, nba 2k16, and The division for all 20 bucks. I won't be buying madden after this year. CFM didn't get nothing and I got a feeling it won't next year either. Since they took all the formations out so you can't use them on in custom pb's.
Old 10-31-2017, 10:17 PM   #108
MVP

OVR: 21

Tiburon really should be ashamed of what they released this year. Really every year but this year more than any other. This game is hot garbage. Now we all know why they hid this pile of crap from the public so long before launch.

Every game changer and review site/magazine that contributed with hyping this game up pre launch should also be shamed. And everyone should take note of these people and call them out on it and rub it in their face so that next year maybe they won’t be so eager to cheerlead for this sad franchise.

This game is STILL chasing AP2K8. 10 years later.
Old 10-31-2017, 11:20 PM   #109
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I'm getting close to throwing in the towel or at least taking an extended vacation after 2.5 seasons. Every game feels exactly the same and there just isn't any replayability. At least in a game like The Show, you face a new pitcher every day with a new repertoire of pitches among other things. Out of all sports, I think football requires the most from a strategy point of view and madden does a really bad job replicating that
This is a good point about other games having a bit more variety game-to-game, but this goes with my thinking that EA really needs to create a system that highlights the story of each game, that way we have a reason to be excited for each game, even if it's just playoff positioning or a rivalry game.
Old 10-31-2017, 11:38 PM   #110
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Got Assassin's Creed Origins...Yea, I think Madden is shelved for awhile now.
Old 11-01-2017, 07:52 AM   #111
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

The buggest issue for me in my offline CFM is EVERY OPPENENT plays the same way. I don't have to adjust my game plan when playing against Brady vs playing against Cutler. Marshawn Lynch runs the same way my 6th round running back does.

There's no variety to cfm which just kills the longevity of the mode. The best ten years CFM has basically been just playing back to back to back play now games. There absolutely zero drama or life to the mode.

Then you look like a mode like MUT where you can actually build a team style and get bonuses for having players that are good at something like man coverage vs zone coverage and you wonder why those things aren't in CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2017, 08:34 AM   #112
Rookie

DaGreatOne21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by taqiyya
Same boat man. I’m turning 42 and I have spent so much money on half way upgrades . Been with madden since the beginning . Saved my money from paper route as a kid to scoop this game up lol . They can’t get it right from the box and have to constantly put out patches to fix a so called finished game. Back in the day companies didn’t put out not quite done yet games .
Im not knocking you because I completely agree with your feelings on Madden, but the bolded is 100% untrue. Before the intermuhnets....there were TONS of half-arsed games released. TONS....far more than today because word often did get out about them as easy and they counted on clueless mothers and grandmothers picking it up for their kids as a gift because it had nice box art or because it because it was based on a popular franchise (remember games like Ghostbusters and Home Alone 2? Yeah....my mom bought me them because I liked the movies).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »