Home

How many have already stopped playing m18?

This is a discussion on How many have already stopped playing m18? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-02-2017, 04:43 PM   #121
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: How many have already stopped playing m18?

Except there is a fix coming for the QB statue in a upcoming title update, not sure if it's this next one in November or the following title update.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2017, 04:54 PM   #122
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreTheSteelers34
I keep trying to play.

But then something happens that makes me outraged.

Like my 95 overall CB being 5 yards behind a WR 3 or 4 times in a row.

Or a DT with 68 Block Shedding, 70 or so Power Moves and an overall of 75 or so completely dominate Zach Martin, who is 98 overall.

Not being able to throw a fade. CB's, Safeties, LB's or basically anyone in any kind of coverage standing stock still and letting balls fly right over there heads.

The CPU completing 90% of there passes on a great defense, not great QBs, but guys like Hundley and other sub 70 guys.

They did a little work on blocking, so my 88 overall FB doesnt miss blocks every running play. Just about 50% of the time just runs off into the sunset while Im getting tackled for a loss.

CPU AI giving up 9 sacks to one player, never bringing help over for the tackle or OLineman giving up those sacks.

CPU AI just standing there in the pocket, and getting sacked after 5 to 7 seconds to stand there.

Mobile QBs not running.

I mean the list goes on and on and on. NOW, I will say I do have some games where Im like wow yeah!!

Then one of the above happens, and I just turn my XBone off.
These are a lot of the issues I’m struggling with.
It seems EA has been awfully silent on any gameplay tuning. Anyone hear if they’ll be giving sim a tuner?
I was hoping to hear that man coverage would get some love.
Old 11-02-2017, 05:05 PM   #123
Rookie

Greenblood60's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGreatOne21
Be sure you copy this post so you can continue posting it in future years without having to retype it....because this exact thing has been said every year since the PS2 era. At least back then there was a little thing called "hope" though.
Exactly, maybe the poster hasn't been dealing with this since 2005, but there's no reason to hope at this point. EA is going to do what benefits them, and what benefits them clearly is focusing on MUT and Draft Champions. " But, but, but, the AI !" Why should EA fix the AI ? Would it really benefit them ? Would anybody notice but us ? If they focused on the AI rather than MUT for one cycle would they be met with praise or complaints from the majority of gamers ?

It's all about MUT, Draft Champions, and competitive gameplay now-a-days. Better AI, better animations, and a deeper franchise mode means very little to the majority of gamers out there.
Old 11-02-2017, 05:50 PM   #124
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Feel pretty much the same. I didn't buy 18; not necessarily as a protest but because from what I read/saw it didn't look like it warranted $60. In no way do I think me holding out will change anything. Madden is what it is and I've just accepted that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
This is how it ought to be...I did the same thing.

Wanted to buy the game...read the reviews before deciding to purchase...found out the issues...knew I would be annoyed with said issues way more than enjoying the game...decided to skip it...now glad I did.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Old 11-02-2017, 05:57 PM   #125

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Except there is a fix coming for the QB statue in a upcoming title update, not sure if it's this next one in November or the following title update.
Is that confirmed? All i heard is that they are looking into it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2017, 06:01 PM   #126
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Check out the tweet thread, but yes.

Sometimes there is gold in that thread.

https://twitter.com/ClintOldenburg/s...82184848068613

Last edited by roadman; 11-02-2017 at 06:04 PM.
Old 11-02-2017, 10:17 PM   #127
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Are they really gonna fix it though? That's the question. We have seen them say they are gonna fix something and nothing happens. Even if they do fix it, it shouldn't take them until November to fix a problem that was obvious in August.

I don't have 18 but I hope they do fix it for people. I have 17 and I can never get through a single game of it. I just sit and sim seasons trying to build bad teams up.
Old 11-02-2017, 10:50 PM   #128
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
Are they really gonna fix it though? That's the question. We have seen them say they are gonna fix something and nothing happens. Even if they do fix it, it shouldn't take them until November to fix a problem that was obvious in August.

I don't have 18 but I hope they do fix it for people. I have 17 and I can never get through a single game of it. I just sit and sim seasons trying to build bad teams up.
It went from investigating it in the middle of October, the next week they said they were heavily looking at it and that was the latest tweet from Clint last week.

Sounds like a progression, but we will see what happens.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »