Home

How many have already stopped playing m18?

This is a discussion on How many have already stopped playing m18? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-22-2017, 09:01 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How many have already stopped playing m18?

Yep done with it. Been buying Madden since the first Madden came out. Now that im a year away from being 60 yrs old, I refuse to spend countless hours testing and trying to find sliders, and making adjustments to traits/attributes to get this game to play the way it should. Unless this game gets a complete, or near complete re-do, I wont purchase it again. I know it doesnt mean a thing to EA, especially since they have made money off me for the last 28 years or how ever long its been since the first game came out.
Old 10-22-2017, 09:58 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog Frank
Yep done with it. Been buying Madden since the first Madden came out. Now that im a year away from being 60 yrs old, I refuse to spend countless hours testing and trying to find sliders, and making adjustments to traits/attributes to get this game to play the way it should. Unless this game gets a complete, or near complete re-do, I wont purchase it again. I know it doesnt mean a thing to EA, especially since they have made money off me for the last 28 years or how ever long its been since the first game came out.

Same boat man. Iím turning 42 and I have spent so much money on half way upgrades . Been with madden since the beginning . Saved my money from paper route as a kid to scoop this game up lol . They canít get it right from the box and have to constantly put out patches to fix a so called finished game. Back in the day companies didnít put out not quite done yet games .

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-23-2017, 12:19 AM   #11
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15

Sad to say that I have stopped playing. I shelved it after two weeks, and said that I would wait for the 30 day patch and give it another try. Well, the patch was a letdown (for CFM) and it's still on the shelf.

My main issues are the ungodly amount of work we have to do to get a decent game in CFM, and the fact that CFM was unchanged from M17. I could probably deal with one or the other. I'd put in work for a good game in an upgraded CFM. I'd even play through a clone of M17 CFM if I didn't have to do 20 minutes of prep work before every game. I can't justify dealing with both simultaneously; I may as well just play 17.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2017, 10:13 AM   #12
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

I'm pretty much done too. Like I said in another post, there's just no longevity in CFM for me anymore.

Hopefully Need for Speed payback isn't a cluster F.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:16 AM   #13
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I have stopped for now, mid-way through Season 3 of my Jets CFM. I was all-aboard with 2K18 once it dropped but the patches have dinged that game too (not just an EA issue, clearly). I'm still playing it over Madden for now.

I will go back to my CFM eventually but I'm stuck in between All-Pro and All-Madden. All-Pro is too easy, All-Madden is great but the cheese wears on you eventually.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 10-23-2017, 10:28 AM   #14

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

I've shelved it for now. The statue QB is just too much to deal with
Old 10-23-2017, 10:49 AM   #15
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

Iím getting there. The ability to not have better customization to players and the
Equipment has started the decline of playing. Going forward, EA needs to really update player models and equipment. The lighting and graphics took a step in the right direction ,but they have a way to go get away from that cartoony presentation.

Getting back to core gameplay and away from things like Longshot and MuT is a must. Those are gimmicks and have no bearing to what we see on Sunday.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2017, 11:24 AM   #16

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
Iím getting there. The ability to not have better customization to players and the
Equipment has started the decline of playing. Going forward, EA needs to really update player models and equipment. The lighting and graphics took a step in the right direction ,but they have a way to go get away from that cartoony presentation.

Getting back to core gameplay and away from things like Longshot and MuT is a must. Those are gimmicks and have no bearing to what we see on Sunday.
They are not going to stop MUT as it is a money maker for them and frankly...if i were them, i wouldnt either. MUt is of no interest to me but others like it...no problem. Long Shot is a gimmick and the dev cycles are spent elsewhere IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »