Home

How many have already stopped playing m18?

This is a discussion on How many have already stopped playing m18? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-08-2017, 04:49 PM   #161
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How many have already stopped playing m18?

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Thats cool, im in numerous dif chats with alot of online commish's and this year , there are alot more having the opposite issue that your having.... so again agree to disagree. Ive run our league since madden 12 year round, a few guys left madden for good last year, numerous are talking about it now in the league, guys thats been around since 12 but just fed up with EA tiburon and what they are producing. Then i talk to numerous other commishes who are saying they are seeing the same things .... Again im not just talking about on OS.

If you think its best madden ever, glad you can enjoy it like that. I can not over look lack of physics in a game that is based alot on physics personally. On top of a whole list of other things.

Right on, like I said I'm not claiming one league's #s prove or disprove anything, just offering another perspective; so I don't even think we disagree per se. Sounds like you have a few guys getting burnt out, as you said "fed up" with things they're unhappy about. Can you honestly tell me they were super happy with Madden prior to M18? I think it's more likely that they were hoping for things to improve in an area they wanted to see marked improvement, and M18 didn't deliver on that hope.

It's a subtle but important distinction, and it doesn't invalidate their feeling or experience: a game could simultaneously be the most realistic version of gameplay to date while far more important forces still cause some long-time players to get burnt out on the series. Maybe a certain element of gameplay didn't get improved that a couple of guys are tired of waiting for. Maybe it's lack of attention to franchise mode, maybe it's any of a number of things. I'm not calling any of those reasons invalid whatsoever. But I do doubt that any of their actual complaints boil down to M18 being less realistic user v user gameplay than M17/M16/etc.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues

Last edited by Aestis; 11-08-2017 at 04:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2017, 06:40 PM   #162
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Imo when I'm going against the cpu defense... the game plays fantastic. Obviously, the reverse in going against the cpu offense.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-09-2017, 12:07 AM   #163
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Still playing. My league normally plays through June/July in 8-10 CFM seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 11-09-2017, 12:08 PM   #164
Rookie

So it looks like Madden isnt going to be making Madden every year? That is what a new article is saying. IF so they better work better on the maddens. Cause every EA sports game has just been bad. I stopped buying NHL.
Old 11-09-2017, 12:20 PM   #165
MVP

saintrules's Arena

How many have already stopped playing m18?

I'm about a day or two away from selling it back to GameStop. I just simply cannot find something to do, any suggestions?

In year 7 of my CFM with Green Bay. Kept it very realistic, edited 6 straight full draft classes, went through a lot of adversity, eventually won the Super Bowl and MVP. Can't seem to find the desire to keep going, the game just does not feel connected year to year, it's like it resets itself & forgets how well I've been doing...zero immersion.

Tried doing a fantasy draft, playing longshot, a couple games of MUT & h2h...just doesn't seem "fun". I'm not a huge online guy, especially since it can get laggy or you run into people buying their teams. Draft Champions is something to pass the time.

Just looking for something to do :/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2017, 12:26 PM   #166
Just started!

The biggest problem I have is just like today. No new daily challenges just an offer to buy some uniforms. They used to have daily challenges every day. Hard to attain coins or improve team without them. I have spent a lot of money playing Madden the last two years but I don't think I will spend any more.
Old 11-09-2017, 06:55 PM   #167
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by svensenk86
that is simply not the case dude! There I can see you didn`t play it. on 17 it was working yes, 1 play, 9 yards gained by a run always, this is absolutely not working in 18 anymore.

Maybe the complaining guys should have sit in front in IT class and were able to create their own game which will be the perfect thing then....geez
I don't know about "IT class", I was an IT major in college but never had "IT class". Maybe that is something new for the millennials I don't know.

But if those complaining guys need to sit in front of an IT class, then I think you need to sit in front of an English class. I don't even know what that first paragraph even means. I am going to need someone who understands stupid to translate that for me.
Old 11-11-2017, 01:03 AM   #168
MVP

OVR: 8

Stopped a while ago. Just as with the last several Madden games there offline franchise mode doesn't offer enough to make me feel invested in it.

PS3 ID: Affyy
My Overwatch Profile

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »