Home

How many have already stopped playing m18?

This is a discussion on How many have already stopped playing m18? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-12-2017, 04:34 PM   #177
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: How many have already stopped playing m18?

Well, I have shelved Madden 18, at least until the next patch. I just cannot have fun with it. And now that I hear defensive holding penalties (about the most frequently called defensive penalty) where intentionally programmed out of the game (due to competitive players complaining for some reason), I am even more frustrated.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:49 PM   #178
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
Well, I have shelved Madden 18, at least until the next patch. I just cannot have fun with it. And now that I hear defensive holding penalties (about the most frequently called defensive penalty) where intentionally programmed out of the game (due to competitive players complaining for some reason), I am even more frustrated.
They lack imagination and creativity (the creators).

Why not tie the defensive holding penalty into the 'press coverage' command so that players with poor press ratings are prone to "holding".
Old 11-12-2017, 09:10 PM   #179
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse
They lack imagination and creativity (the creators).

Why not tie the defensive holding penalty into the 'press coverage' command so that players with poor press ratings are prone to "holding".
Because ultimately, it won't matter to the people who are the ones complaining about this. They'll still see that as something they can't control completely. It's the same kind of crowd who is currently complaining about QB's overthrowing on short passes - they think that just shouldn't happen ever as long as they have a clean pocket, ratings be damned. It's maddening to read things like that (pardon the pun) from people who claim to be fans of real-life football.

The group I'm referencing is the competitive crowd, and unfortunately they appear to have the devs' ear more than the sim crowd does. And I don't think a rating modification like what you're suggesting is something you could just add into one game style and not the others.

It's a difficult position.

Last edited by bcruise; 11-12-2017 at 09:27 PM.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:49 PM   #180
All Star

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Because ultimately, it won't matter to the people who are the ones complaining about this. They'll still see that as something they can't control completely. It's the same kind of crowd who is currently complaining about QB's overthrowing on short passes - they think that just shouldn't happen ever as long as they have a clean pocket, ratings be damned. It's maddening to read things like that (pardon the pun) from people who claim to be fans of real-life football.

The group I'm referencing is the competitive crowd, and unfortunately they appear to have the devs' ear more than the sim crowd does. And I don't think a rating modification like what you're suggesting is something you could just add into one game style and not the others.

What gets me is that the people complaining are most likely those that are having the holding calls against them, but when you think about it, the alternative should be no holding takes place and your DB just gets burnt instead for a big play. Wouldn't you rather have a 5 yard penalty against you?
Old 11-12-2017, 10:12 PM   #181
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise

Well that is the thing. In Competitive mode, most of the ratings do not matter much, so I am not sure what they are complaining about. I am not even sure why DH was removed. If the issues was it was called to much, just leave the animation in and do not have the penalty called in competitive mode. Like the above said, the same still apparently happens for DPI, Holding, etc.: to wit, the animations occur in all modes, but the penalties are only called in sim (though that also explains why, even in sim, the penalties do not happen enough).

This also explains, I suppose, why things like OPI never happen . .. because it would make the competitive crowd mad, despite the fact that a realistic amount of "random" penalties such as OPI would be a breath of fresh air to the rest of us.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2017, 10:17 AM   #182
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Still not playing, hoping next patch does fix qb ai. Does not matter how good game looks on X, if cpu ai sucks.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:17 AM   #183
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
This also explains, I suppose, why things like OPI never happen . .. because it would make the competitive crowd mad, despite the fact that a realistic amount of "random" penalties such as OPI would be a breath of fresh air to the rest of us.
These outcomes don't even have to be random. That is actually what I hate.

Tie them into mechanics and strategies within the game. Educate the user so that they understand when they run primarily man coverages or press coverage with DB's that do not possess the proper skill set, these types of penalties happen.

The problem is Madden does not "get" football at the most basic-fundamental level. It is still a game where 11 bodies more or less run into another 11 bodies while the background AI manufactures outcomes so the user feels like they were part of an "authentic" NFL game. If you tell these guys you are okay with "random", they will give you random, and it will be infuriating because you aren't in control of the outcome.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:21 AM   #184
Banned

I had to quit playing it was just getting ridiculous. I was able to build a good ultimate team very early and games had no point. Either i blew the other team away or they won in a blowout.

I finally figured out why, Madden basically decides a handicap before the game starts. If the handicap is against you your players become inept (they will turn around and run away from the ball carrier)

There is NO WAY this game should be used for any kind of money competitions. It is straight up not fair.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »