Home

How many have already stopped playing m18?

This is a discussion on How many have already stopped playing m18? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-15-2017, 11:27 PM   #201
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: How many have already stopped playing m18?

I don't need to trade mine in until 18.

I paid 11 bucks for it with BB Gamers Club on opening day.

I just haven't played the game for a stretch of 7 weeks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2017, 12:37 AM   #202
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Loaded it up this evening and just couldn't get into the game; I know what matters to get good coverage is a 91 zone; M2M doesn't matter. There is no connection between quality of players on DL and QB pressure; Still cannot tell DB's what I want them to do, even though shading was somewhat fixed.

They need to get away from 3-4 and 4-3 and allow more flexibility in plays setups and personnel. 4-3 teams like Dallas, for example, are now disguising who is blitzing in a manner usually thought to be a benefit of the 3-4..But in Madden the defenses are very vanilla.

I did like MUT, for awhile, but even that has gotten old - same old grind scenarios with cheap rewards and outrageous card collection goals that require more time than their value is worth.

Madden failed at the Target Passing and the time spent on Longshot. I really believe that they need to start from scratch because I don't believe they know what half the code is doing.

IMO, they really need to bring back NCAA football and then put out a new NFL game every other year to give them a 2 year cycle with the NCAA game filling the void by having a two year cycle in between the NFL cycle.

Activision, for example, doesn't use the same development studio to make its Call of Duty games; they have studios working two or more years on a game, yet still release a COD about every year. EA may need to think about doing something like this...
Old 11-16-2017, 01:23 AM   #203
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S;
IMO, they really need to bring back NCAA football and then put out a new NFL game every other year to give them a 2 year cycle with the NCAA game filling the void by having a two year cycle in between the NFL cycle.

Activision, for example, doesn't use the same development studio to make its Call of Duty games; they have studios working two or more years on a game, yet still release a COD about every year. EA may need to think about doing something like this...

Never gonna happen. NFL and EA higher ups make them put it out every year because itís a cash cow. It rakes in the money no matter how much we complain.
Old 11-16-2017, 09:16 AM   #204
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlducks
I haven't bought Madden in 3 years but I still come to the boards often to check in and see what's new.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk
What else are we supposed to do?

It's the only football game available because of a 10 year monopoly.

We literally have no other choice but to come here and check on the progress of their product.
Old 11-16-2017, 09:26 AM   #205
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse
What else are we supposed to do?

It's the only football game available because of a 10 year monopoly.

We literally have no other choice but to come here and check on the progress of their product.
Yes, but if enough people stopped buying the annual release, they would have to examine alternatives. Personally, I am still on M16.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2017, 09:59 AM   #206
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
Yes, but if enough people stopped buying the annual release, they would have to examine alternatives. Personally, I am still on M16.
I think the subscription model allusion is the examination of alternatives by EA. I pass on the game until the end of the cycle every year, and pick it up used for a little more than $20.

It is a great way to make someone like me pay full price for the game if I want access on a monthly basis. They could even break it up and offer an entire year @$60, 3 Months for $25, or a month for $10 - just like a PSN or XBL membership.

Now nobody gets to "skip" and everyone has to pay full price to play, the only people who get a discount are the day 1 buyers who are investing in the entire year.
Old 11-16-2017, 10:36 AM   #207
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse
I think the subscription model allusion is the examination of alternatives by EA. I pass on the game until the end of the cycle every year, and pick it up used for a little more than $20.

It is a great way to make someone like me pay full price for the game if I want access on a monthly basis. They could even break it up and offer an entire year @$60, 3 Months for $25, or a month for $10 - just like a PSN or XBL membership.

Now nobody gets to "skip" and everyone has to pay full price to play, the only people who get a discount are the day 1 buyers who are investing in the entire year.
yup, they want to end people being able to buy the games used and not put money in their fat little pockets.But yeah, slap a " its gonna be good for the customers on it" , because some people so blind they will literally believe anything you say and even back you up on it.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 11-16-2017, 01:04 PM   #208
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
i wish they could just 'enhance' ncaa14 for xbox X backward compatible. Over the summer though, i dusted off my 360 and played a while, and it brought back memories of glaring issues.

still a great game, but it's becoming outdate quickly.

This. NCAA 14 and head coach 09 were the reasons I purchased a backup 360 when my current dies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »