Home

How many have already stopped playing m18?

This is a discussion on How many have already stopped playing m18? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2017, 02:52 PM   #217
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: How many have already stopped playing m18?

Honestly, I expect a lot more people to pick the game back up with the new patch, if anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-21-2017, 03:07 PM   #218
MVP

Toupal's Arena

I am really happy to see this patch is as solid as it is.

However, I think it might be too late in the game with other games having released and taking attention from Madden 18 already.

With games like Shadow of War, Battlefront II, 2k18, FIFA, South Park, and Assassin's Creed to name a few, they better not hope it is too late.
Old 11-21-2017, 03:52 PM   #219
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
Honestly, I expect a lot more people to pick the game back up with the new patch, if anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
you know reading what ppl are saying im starting to change my tune....but still need info on user pass accuracy, pass coverages for both teams in man an zone. and penalties

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 11-21-2017, 04:20 PM   #220
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal

However, I think it might be too late in the game with other games having released and taking attention from Madden 18 already.

With games like Shadow of War, Battlefront II, 2k18, FIFA, South Park, and Assassin's Creed to name a few, they better not hope it is too late.
I think it comes down to personal taste.

I have only one of those on the shelf and that is 2k.

I'm not into the shooting or rpg genre.
Old 11-21-2017, 04:33 PM   #221
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal

Seriously? We are entering the most fun part of football season, the final stretch to the playoffs. So yeah, if you aren't really watching the NFL, I don't know that the game will really call you back. But this patch will probably even drives some late sales, as well as get some gamers that put the game down to come back.

Madden is part father Black Friday sale on XB1, at least. I bet they sell more than a couple copies.

The problem with following the haters is that there is no actual solution. Ryan Moody has been on a full on hatred of Madden since at least Madden 11. That's how he drives his hits on his videos. Because it is a video game, he can easily wait to find something not right and then pump out a video and complain.

But he doesn't realize, like many people here at OS, that the Madden is a video game, not a several thousand dollar NFL simulation tool. I could make a video just as damning of NBA 2K or The Show if that was what I wanted to show. Both the the Show and NBA 2K, as well as NHL and FIFA, have many threads of complaints about issues with the game.

Right now, there just happens to be a mob mentality of hating on Madden here at OS. But it's not really even that much more than what 2K and The show got this year. Sim gamers have inflated ideas of what is possible and have lost the ability to enjoy sports games for what they are.

And that's okay. No one should play a game they don't enjoy. It's just that most make that next step to actually playing and focusing on other games instead of spending months and years being better because they don't like a game that others are enjoying for the "wrong reasons."

And yeah, exclusivity means no one else has a chance to make a game. But it's been 13 years. You either accept reality and move on, or you act like a flow down into a spiral of bitterness and hate and ruin, not only your own experience in gaming, but everyone else that is trying to enjoy the game as it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2017, 04:55 PM   #222
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I think it comes down to personal taste.

I have only one of those on the shelf and that is 2k.

I'm not into the shooting or rpg genre.

Same here just 2K18 on that list.

Playing The Witcher 3 and Ghost Recon Wildlands for non sports and rotating The Show 17, 2K18 and now Madden 18 for my Sports fix.

Sent from Palm Trees and Paradise using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 11-21-2017, 05:08 PM   #223
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Seriously? We are entering the most fun part of football season, the final stretch to the playoffs. So yeah, if you aren't really watching the NFL, I don't know that the game will really call you back. But this patch will probably even drives some late sales, as well as get some gamers that put the game down to come back.

Madden is part father Black Friday sale on XB1, at least. I bet they sell more than a couple copies.

The problem with following the haters is that there is no actual solution. Ryan Moody has been on a full on hatred of Madden since at least Madden 11. That's how he drives his hits on his videos. Because it is a video game, he can easily wait to find something not right and then pump out a video and complain.

But he doesn't realize, like many people here at OS, that the Madden is a video game, not a several thousand dollar NFL simulation tool. I could make a video just as damning of NBA 2K or The Show if that was what I wanted to show. Both the the Show and NBA 2K, as well as NHL and FIFA, have many threads of complaints about issues with the game.

Right now, there just happens to be a mob mentality of hating on Madden here at OS. But it's not really even that much more than what 2K and The show got this year. Sim gamers have inflated ideas of what is possible and have lost the ability to enjoy sports games for what they are.

And that's okay. No one should play a game they don't enjoy. It's just that most make that next step to actually playing and focusing on other games instead of spending months and years being better because they don't like a game that others are enjoying for the "wrong reasons."

And yeah, exclusivity means no one else has a chance to make a game. But it's been 13 years. You either accept reality and move on, or you act like a flow down into a spiral of bitterness and hate and ruin, not only your own experience in gaming, but everyone else that is trying to enjoy the game as it is.
there is a mob mentality and it's because of the lack of innovation and improvement from year to year. they refuse to give us features we want from older madden games or other ea games ( head coach 09) they consistently put out new gimmicks each year and never build off them, they remove them.

i 100% agree 2k has enough issues that Ryan Moody could make similar videos...but here is why he doesn't and why there really isn't the same type of hatred.

1. sliders in 2k Actually work. and they add more and more each year to allow us to have a game play exactly how we want.

2. franchise depth. maddens is stale and boring and zero options....2k added even more to its myleague options this year.

3. presentation. 2k added how many commentators last year? plus ej, Shaq, Kenny, DA...and great pre game, post game and halftime shows.

4. 2k puts out a game designed to be sim. and strives to improve it each year. opposite of madden. 2k my team plays sim bball...how does mut play?

5. customization. enough said.

6. atmosphere..while still needing improvement is still leaps better than atmosphere in madden.

7. trade logic

8. player tendencies

9. 2k keeps ratings relatively spread out while maddens ratings are extremely inflated.

10. player types. madden as user you dont really feel difference between qbs or rbs. you can do as much damage with a 72 ovr rb as u can with a 90. it all feels the same.

11. year to year improvements and effort. look at what 2k did from 17 to 18 compared to madden. even rex said "they came at us bro" 2k did gameplay improvements, added myleague depth, improved graphics, new my career story mode, mygm story mode, my neighborhood.

madden added longshot, frostbite, total control passing (bust) 3 different play styles that don't work as promoted (especially penalties) and cfm went completely untouched besides draft boards (are u kidding me)

this is why. yes..plenty is wrong with 2k. but each year they give us more and more and give us things we request and want.

we still cant get auto subs working in madden. features.from head coach. editable draft classes. more realistic qb animations pre snap. all 22 players with true step. pass rushing mechanics that ARENT just button mashing. wind working correctly in games. formation subs for custom playbooks. dynamic weather, improved progression system not built on xp. removal of drive goals which influence how ppl play vs just being sim.

if madden put in the effort other games did...even if gameplay had issues...ppl wouldnt go after it like they do now because we would at least feel like they are trying. there are STILL things apf 2k8 does better gameplay wise.

this is why i am how i am. and i felt this way before i saw moodys videos. because he was just pointing out an calling out things i have been feeling for years. i have wrote blogs on it.

os community has great ideas and great features in wishlists that every year go unnoticed by madden devs.

we at least get some things we request in the 2k wishlist thread.

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 11-21-2017, 05:14 PM   #224
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:

I am not discrediting Madden, and actually praising the gameplay improvement.

However, the only reason your casual player would want to buy Madden at this point is because:

1. It is on sale for Black Friday, as well as every other game. So once again, Madden will have to compete with that.

2. It is the only NEW football game on the market, and if someone gets inspired by the real NFL, then this is their option

We are three months in the Madden year, and in 2.5 months, the NFL season will be over.

So the argument for a lot of people will be, "Why should I buy this game, when they are just going to release a new one in 9 months?"

Which brings me to my original point, that Madden's golden time to sell to players is in August/ September when there are no other games to compete with.

Even the die-hard fans have been losing interest. And Operation SPorts is the perfect example of that. Not that many people are posting, liking, or reading threads as much as they were in August/ September.

I tip my hat to Madden for fixing the CPU QB issue, but in three months, people will already be talking about Madden 19.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »