Home

How many have already stopped playing m18?

This is a discussion on How many have already stopped playing m18? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-22-2017, 06:17 AM   #233
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: How many have already stopped playing m18?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
Honestly, I expect a lot more people to pick the game back up with the new patch, if anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Picked it up after seeing it on sale and results of the patch.

Shout-out to the couple of guys that didn't see a point in people not having/playing the game being in this thread.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 11-22-2017, 07:04 AM   #234
Rookie

cuoreceltico's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1

Shout-out to the couple of guys that didn't see a point in people not having/playing the game being in this thread.

I have not resold the game yet, also because here in italy, really is worth nothing, so keep it or sell it is sadly the same thing. On the famous patch for sim gamers would be this last one? However I have installed the patch and for sure that in these days I try to play a game to see if it will be good enough for go back to playing madden again, I'm the first that hope for it!
Old 11-23-2017, 01:22 AM   #235
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1

I'll be doing the same. The Patch seems like it fixed my main issue/s.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2017, 12:58 PM   #236
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

I’m thinking of giving the game another shot after the patch once I get back in town.
Old 11-25-2017, 02:17 PM   #237
Rookie

cuoreceltico's Arena

So I tried entire game 12min quarter, sim mode, sliders as it was last time that I played. I play human vs human franchise game I won 13-6 , and it be the most boring game I ever play. Penalties are definitely gone, therefore with the vanilla version with very high value on holding and dpi a i get many in one game, now nothing one holding, no illegal block , no dpi ... nothing db-wr interaction seems worse than previous, run seems a bit better, qb movement seems a bit more responsive, a part in two times that qb don't want to throw the ball at any receiver also if I pressing some receiver button, occasionally qb throw the ball yards away from the receiver. Interception look a bit less. I don't see any real enthusiasm improvement that bring me back to play the game.
Old 11-25-2017, 03:15 PM   #238
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuoreceltico
So I tried entire game 12min quarter, sim mode, sliders as it was last time that I played. I play human vs human franchise game I won 13-6 , and it be the most boring game I ever play. Penalties are definitely gone, therefore with the vanilla version with very high value on holding and dpi a i get many in one game, now nothing one holding, no illegal block , no dpi ... nothing db-wr interaction seems worse than previous, run seems a bit better, qb movement seems a bit more responsive, a part in two times that qb don't want to throw the ball at any receiver also if I pressing some receiver button, occasionally qb throw the ball yards away from the receiver. Interception look a bit less. I don't see any real enthusiasm improvement that bring me back to play the game.
The title update was for CPU vs User and all madden update CPU VS User

I didn't see any title update notes for H2H.
Old 11-25-2017, 06:59 PM   #239
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
Honestly, I expect a lot more people to pick the game back up with the new patch, if anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Played a game last night and yeah, most recent patch was awesome. However, I still kind of moved on. I gotta tell Madden its not you, its me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Loaded it up this evening and just couldn't get into the game; I know what matters to get good coverage is a 91 zone; M2M doesn't matter. There is no connection between quality of players on DL and QB pressure; Still cannot tell DB's what I want them to do, even though shading was somewhat fixed.

They need to get away from 3-4 and 4-3 and allow more flexibility in plays setups and personnel. 4-3 teams like Dallas, for example, are now disguising who is blitzing in a manner usually thought to be a benefit of the 3-4..But in Madden the defenses are very vanilla.

I did like MUT, for awhile, but even that has gotten old - same old grind scenarios with cheap rewards and outrageous card collection goals that require more time than their value is worth.

Madden failed at the Target Passing and the time spent on Longshot. I really believe that they need to start from scratch because I don't believe they know what half the code is doing.

IMO, they really need to bring back NCAA football and then put out a new NFL game every other year to give them a 2 year cycle with the NCAA game filling the void by having a two year cycle in between the NFL cycle.

Activision, for example, doesn't use the same development studio to make its Call of Duty games; they have studios working two or more years on a game, yet still release a COD about every year. EA may need to think about doing something like this...
Want to address the bold because I too think it is a big deal. Basically the short version is that playcalling on defense is not at all realistic. A quick example is in a real playbook it uses concepts instead of ideas. For example a coach may have a "weak overload blitz" that is actually 4 different plays. In game a coach will not call one of those 4 variations, instead they'll call the concept and the look of the offense dictates which variation is used.

This doesn't apply just to blitzes either, many plays utilize if/then logic with regards to assignments. No coach calls cover 3 mable, what it is is an alert. The call is cover 3 but the alignment of the offense determines what kind of cover 3 you get. Another example is cover 1 jump. That is not called at the huddle, but rather the players recognize shallow cross and adjust assignments.

Also a flavor thing that I really would love to see a return is create a play. Many years ago when he was still a respected coaching mind Rex Ryan was the DC for the Ravens, and what we loved and a big reason why he earned a HC job was because each week he sat in his basement drinking bottles of mountain dew and eating snacks (citation needed) while devising blitzes just for that upcoming opponent. He had his stock blitzes that you saw each week, and they weren't vanilla in the conventional sense either, but then he rolled out new one time use blitzes each game. You simply cannot do that in Madden, and it makes defense a bit unfulfilling.

Finally the whole 4-3 vs 3-4 is largely irrelevant. It doesn't matter what "positions" a team uses as much as if it is a one gap defense or a 2 gap defense. And hell if I know if that matters at all in Madden. Both me and AI teams change gap assignments every down, and players seemingly perform the same.
Old 11-25-2017, 09:56 PM   #240
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Played a game last night and yeah, most recent patch was awesome. However, I still kind of moved on. I gotta tell Madden its not you, its me.

Want to address the bold because I too think it is a big deal. Basically the short version is that playcalling on defense is not at all realistic. A quick example is in a real playbook it uses concepts instead of ideas. For example a coach may have a "weak overload blitz" that is actually 4 different plays. In game a coach will not call one of those 4 variations, instead they'll call the concept and the look of the offense dictates which variation is used.

This doesn't apply just to blitzes either, many plays utilize if/then logic with regards to assignments. No coach calls cover 3 mable, what it is is an alert. The call is cover 3 but the alignment of the offense determines what kind of cover 3 you get. Another example is cover 1 jump. That is not called at the huddle, but rather the players recognize shallow cross and adjust assignments.

Also a flavor thing that I really would love to see a return is create a play. Many years ago when he was still a respected coaching mind Rex Ryan was the DC for the Ravens, and what we loved and a big reason why he earned a HC job was because each week he sat in his basement drinking bottles of mountain dew and eating snacks (citation needed) while devising blitzes just for that upcoming opponent. He had his stock blitzes that you saw each week, and they weren't vanilla in the conventional sense either, but then he rolled out new one time use blitzes each game. You simply cannot do that in Madden, and it makes defense a bit unfulfilling.

Finally the whole 4-3 vs 3-4 is largely irrelevant. It doesn't matter what "positions" a team uses as much as if it is a one gap defense or a 2 gap defense. And hell if I know if that matters at all in Madden. Both me and AI teams change gap assignments every down, and players seemingly perform the same.

Same here. Maddenís where I want it to be, but I canít get the sour taste of the first three months out of my mouth. I get Madden burnout way too easily now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »