Home

How many have already stopped playing m18?

This is a discussion on How many have already stopped playing m18? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-05-2017, 05:26 PM   #249
Pro

ramspeedkill's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: How many have already stopped playing m18?

those with both 17 and 18 is there worth spending $30-$40 for madden 18 (sale/used)?
Old 12-05-2017, 10:36 PM   #250
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramspeedkill
those with both 17 and 18 is there worth spending $30-$40 for madden 18 (sale/used)?

If you have XBOX, get EA Access. By mid-March, you won’t pay a dime for it.
Old 12-05-2017, 11:40 PM   #251
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

bottom line, its like anything else in life, it's what you make it to be, yes it sucks it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of madden 2005, 08 or nfl 2k5, and just for the technical stand point, i went through a lot of trouble to get a emulator working just to play nfl 2k5 with a decade full of classic rosters created by capa and many others!

Its a shame to let all that hard work go to waste, just to say oh look it's 2017, (graphics has gotten better so that means these old games suck now, so ima play whats pretty)

Look, today's games are good and bad in my opinion, these game devs are out to make a living just like the rest of us, the care factor is out the window for most in exchange for that almighty $. then you have some game devs that actually care enough and to have the balls enough to put there game on hold if need be, to make it better and more enjoyable.

to me now, most games are rushed out before the cycle truly ever really got started in my own opinion. i mean yes technology has grown, its nice to be able to have a patch or 2 to help progress something in whatever game that has been released. but at the rate these patches come out now.....it shows the lack of Q&A and development in management.

I myself have been fortunate enough to even be able to purchase some of these games that are out, i fell for the (Maybe, Just Maybe it will be fixed this time around) well i can literally say for me, not anymore, i'm done, i'm on a look and see stand on all games.... until i see for myself if that's something i really want to purchase, if it is then cool, if not, oh well.

But one thing i'm not gone continue to do is fall for this bogus pre-order crap, and false incentives just to get that early 3 or 4 day early game play or whatever the next new scheme is they are planning.

I've been gaming since the Magnavox Odyssey console, which was my first system my cousin introduced me to, from there i moved on to atari 7800 and the rest is history. but in that time its been fun to see technology grow through the years, but i can also say greed from the creators and marketers have gotten worse over time.

i dont believe in wasting anything, so yes i will still play what i have purchased until i no longer feel that need to play it, whatever year of the sport that may be or non sport game, but as i said, i cant justify anymore for myself purchasing these games half done.

only to hear maybe next year we'll get to it if we have time, or that famous line of all time, it wasn't what our team wanted, we fighting hard blah blah blah...

look at the end of the day if you dont want to play the game, dont play it, you wanna keep buying it? go for it, knock your self out, but until i see some true revolution, i gotta watch it from the sideline now and see whats really what. this post was way longer than i intended and more than likely will fall on closed minds and ears, but for those that are tired of this same old bs year in and year out, the only way to truly make a difference is to make a stand your self.

to give you a prime quick example... i was streaming a modded version a few weeks back of nba 2k14 for pc, now anyone here in this community that mods currently or has modded in the past knows what joy that brings and what outcome you can have in the form of a more realistic approach to that game your playing.

i was live streaming the game when a person came into my channel and asked " it's 2017 why are you playing 2k14 when there's 2k18 out? now i own 2k18 and play it and enjoy it, however you mean to tell me.........

a 3-4 year old game is now considered old? just because it doesn't have all the glitz and glamour than something that just came out not that long ago? i mean wth? what is wrong with people in gaming now a days? im going to end this all with this simply as i opened in this minor book...

theres a reason why these games are coming out so fast, faster than normal in a created time frame, stop and look at it for yourself, look how many so called "hot hot games just released and have fallen flat on there face. people are starting to see through these smoke and mirrors and want games to be what they use to be. " Made with real passion"

heres a tip game devs... you know that old saying, " if you build it they will come" ?

how about if whoever makes a game, try making that game to your teams fullest potential, make it to where it is enjoyable for everyone in that age bracket, fix the core, implement in segments, if your foundation is CONCRETE the other bricks will lay smooth!

aka Tecmo Bowl, Metal Gear Solid, R.B.I Baseball,Bad Dudes, Uncharted,The Last Of Us, Ms. Pac-Man, Super Mario Brothers, Battlefield Bad Company 2, and many more games that are considered all time classics, because that foundation was layed right.

my rant is over, i didn't mean any harm towards anybody, and this was not directed and 1 dev alone, this was directed to all those that have freedom of choice! most will have there opinions and thats fine, i was allowed to share mine and im sure others will share theres. at any rate i wanna wish everyone a safe and blessed holiday season.

peace
Storm.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2017, 02:00 AM   #252
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Nice post Storm, love it, very well put together.

For myself, I will preorder all games that I purchase until the industry goes all digital.

I've been doing the BB deal and I traded in another game for a total of 11 bucks.

11 bucks and I can trade it in for 25 bucks for the next preorder.

Hard to pass that up, title updates and all.

At the end of the day, to each their own.
Old 12-06-2017, 12:30 PM   #253
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Agreed.

Very well said Storms.

I am choosing, at this point anyway, on skipping Madden 19. It's not where I want it to be, nor does it look like it will ever be. Hopefully I'm wrong. I have never even said this about Madden before. Just very frustrated. The offline football video game I want....Not the direction the company is going. Their choice.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-06-2017, 06:17 PM   #254
Rookie

OVR: 0

Can you send multiple players into motion yet?

Watching Auburn and their formation shifts/motion the last few weeks have reminded me how I used to really work people over in the old 2K games with that strategy.

I always thought it was so lame how Madden would never allow you to put more than one man in motion. i always found it hard to punish a poorly balanced defensive formation without being able to appropriately motion my players to take advantage.
Old 12-06-2017, 07:35 PM   #255
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCutlersCig
If you have XBOX, get EA Access. By mid-March, you won’t pay a dime for it.
EA Acess is free?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2017, 08:42 PM   #256
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmetcalfe
EA Acess is free?
Not at all.

30 bucks/year.

Worth it if you like all EA games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »