Home

I have 2 questions: Do ratings matter & why is every tackle a huge hit?

This is a discussion on I have 2 questions: Do ratings matter & why is every tackle a huge hit? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2017, 11:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
I have 2 questions: Do ratings matter & why is every tackle a huge hit?

Ratings: As someone who is obsessed with realistic stats and players playing the way they should, do ratings matter this year? I like to edit every single player based on their real life stats and some of their advanced stats (like how low a QB rating a shutdown corner can hold a QB to when throwing their way). I played the free demo this weekend and it was fun but I wasn't paying attention to ratings, was really just seeing if I enjoyed it more than 17.

Big hits: Every time there was a tackle the ballcarrier got destroyed. Whether it was my defense making the tackle, or the CPU vs my ballcarrier. It bothered me because it took away the realism and made it feel like any 1 on 1 tackle meant whoever had the ball would get blown up. If I set every defensive players big hit trait, to "NO", will that eliminate it? I don't want to have to juke just to get a normal tackle animation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2017, 10:02 AM   #2
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Re: I have 2 questions: Do ratings matter & why is every tackle a huge hit?

Yes, 100% they matter. Do all the attributes matter in the way you specifically would like them to? Probably not.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 10-24-2017, 10:46 AM   #3
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikesburgh
Ratings: As someone who is obsessed with realistic stats and players playing the way they should, do ratings matter this year? I like to edit every single player based on their real life stats and some of their advanced stats (like how low a QB rating a shutdown corner can hold a QB to when throwing their way). I played the free demo this weekend and it was fun but I wasn't paying attention to ratings, was really just seeing if I enjoyed it more than 17.

Big hits: Every time there was a tackle the ballcarrier got destroyed. Whether it was my defense making the tackle, or the CPU vs my ballcarrier. It bothered me because it took away the realism and made it feel like any 1 on 1 tackle meant whoever had the ball would get blown up. If I set every defensive players big hit trait, to "NO", will that eliminate it? I don't want to have to juke just to get a normal tackle animation.
The Big Hit trait definitely allows the defenders to hit stick on their own more often. You can also set coaching adjustments for tackling to tone that down as to miss less tackles. If you set tackling to aggressive every defender will try to hit stick.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:52 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
The Big Hit trait definitely allows the defenders to hit stick on their own more often. You can also set coaching adjustments for tackling to tone that down as to miss less tackles. If you set tackling to aggressive every defender will try to hit stick.
Ahh thank you! Is there a way to set coaching adjustments for the CPU or is it just for the User in game?
Old 10-24-2017, 11:28 AM   #5
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikesburgh
Ahh thank you! Is there a way to set coaching adjustments for the CPU or is it just for the User in game?
CPU will make their own adjustments. I've seen them change to aggressive if they land a big hit or two.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2017, 08:11 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 1

i havent played m18 so i have a question

building my roster my cbs have 70 tkl minimum, safeties 80, lbers at least 85+
if i set conservative hit to max tkl chance do i actually gain anything for losing the increased chance at normal for a fumble, i dont want to miss tkls which i wouldnt set to aggressive

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »