Home

Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

This is a discussion on Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2017, 10:50 AM   #73
Rookie
 
Cato06's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 286
Re: Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplechin
For real a 32 man online is such a hassle. It is a pain in the *** to schedule a game every X days with all these different people, even if you have a good league. Offline is just convenient for so many people.

Football is so much about management and tactics, but Madden does not trend that way with how everything is set up. They keep saying CFM is the most played mode so why wouldn't they try to improve it and make it intellectually challenging? Sure, it would be fun to add a tournament mode where you can play against X amount of friends over the course of a season, but that doesn't mean you need to nix franchise mode to do so. Ultimate Team is there already for people into more "competitiveness" and gimmicks, franchise is there for the people who enjoy the meat and potatoes of football, so they should work on that imo. Plus, franchise has been so poor lately, but if they improved it to "more sim" I think casuals would appreciate it also. Plenty of people play 2K franchise and it is more in depth, and basketball is far less popular than football.
Agreed. NBA is far less popular. I'm not even a big NBA fan but because of NBA 2k I actually know more about the league than I should. It's actually helped my interest grow in the league and I find myself watching more NBA on tv now. Madden is not really helping people grow interest in The NFL IMO. Isnt that the ultimate goal for the NFL when they sell merchandise , video games, etc. it's to create revenue but it's supposed to help promote the league and help it become more popular. If your video game is always average and never anything special, than I would imagine your hurting the league more than helping it regardless of sales.
Cato06 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 10:52 AM   #74
*ll St*r
 
roadman's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 25,730
Re: Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplechin
For real a 32 man online is such a hassle. It is a pain in the *** to schedule a game every X days with all these different people, even if you have a good league. Offline is just convenient for so many people.

Football is so much about management and tactics, but Madden does not trend that way with how everything is set up. They keep saying CFM is the most played mode so why wouldn't they try to improve it and make it intellectually challenging? Sure, it would be fun to add a tournament mode where you can play against X amount of friends over the course of a season, but that doesn't mean you need to nix franchise mode to do so. Ultimate Team is there already for people into more "competitiveness" and gimmicks, franchise is there for the people who enjoy the meat and potatoes of football, so they should work on that imo. Plus, franchise has been so poor lately, but if they improved it to "more sim" I think casuals would appreciate it also. Plenty of people play 2K franchise and it is more in depth, and basketball is far less popular than football.
Great post and agreed all the way to the last sentence.

No doubt, football is more popular in NA, but outside of NA, basketball is more popular than football.

And agreed, casuals would appreciate more in depth CFM, similar to the NFL.

Should be interesting moving forward.
roadman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 10:55 AM   #75
*ll St*r
 
roadman's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 25,730
Re: Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cato06
Agreed. NBA is far less popular. I'm not even a big NBA fan but because of NBA 2k I actually know more about the league than I should. It's actually helped my interest grow in the league and I find myself watching more NBA on tv now. Madden is not really helping people grow interest in The NFL IMO. Isnt that the ultimate goal for the NFL when they sell merchandise , video games, etc. it's to create revenue but it's supposed to help promote the league and help it become more popular. If your video game is always average and never anything special, than I would imagine your hurting the league more than helping it regardless of sales.
And agree with this post, too, but, bottomline, the NFL is all about the mighty $. I'm sure there have been petitions sent into the NFL over the years.

A few years ago there was a question and answer period with the NFLPA and Madden was brought up. NFLPA President, said, sorry, we have a great relationship with Madden and sounded like that wasn't going to change in the near future.
roadman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2017, 11:20 AM   #76
Pro
 
triplechin's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Jul 2010
Re: Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cato06
Agreed. NBA is far less popular. I'm not even a big NBA fan but because of NBA 2k I actually know more about the league than I should. It's actually helped my interest grow in the league and I find myself watching more NBA on tv now. Madden is not really helping people grow interest in The NFL IMO. Isnt that the ultimate goal for the NFL when they sell merchandise , video games, etc. it's to create revenue but it's supposed to help promote the league and help it become more popular. If your video game is always average and never anything special, than I would imagine your hurting the league more than helping it regardless of sales.
I feel you here but wonder if it actually has an impact. I am the same way where when I used to play Madden 24/7 I could tell you who the 5th string corner on the browns was, whereas now I don't have nearly as much in depth knowledge about obscure teams. And the reverse for the NBA, where I know a lot more and have gotten into more because I have a sense of players and the like. But I wonder if that actually has a significant impact on the sport. Definitely possible but I have my doubts
__________________
51 & 55

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
triplechin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 02:56 PM   #77
MVP
 
Toupal's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2014
Re: Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
And agree with this post, too, but, bottomline, the NFL is all about the mighty $. I'm sure there have been petitions sent into the NFL over the years.

A few years ago there was a question and answer period with the NFLPA and Madden was brought up. NFLPA President, said, sorry, we have a great relationship with Madden and sounded like that wasn't going to change in the near future.
I wonder who we would have to petition to, or how we would have to petition to the NFL to get them to put pressure on EA or to even open up other options to benefit the fans.
Toupal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 03:38 PM   #78
*ll St*r
 
roadman's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 25,730
Re: Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
I wonder who we would have to petition to, or how we would have to petition to the NFL to get them to put pressure on EA or to even open up other options to benefit the fans.
Not to rain on the parade of your enthusiasm, but it all fell on deaf ears before. They do have a tight relationship, at this point.

Try to find which owner is under NFL Branding and Video Gaming? And I am sure it is an NFL owner.

The NFL won't be open to other options besides EA. As was explained before in another thread, the NFL makes more money off one publisher vs 4 publishers. And, based on past history, they won't blow up their business model of exclusivity success over a petition.
roadman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 05:54 PM   #79
MVP
 
prey2god's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2011
Re: Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxboy99
Sounds to me like he is saying they want to monitize CFM without coming right out and saying they want to monitize cfm.


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Any mention of Destiny and it's already about nickel and diming the consumer.
prey2god is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 09:06 PM   #80
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2014
Re: Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
I wonder who we would have to petition to, or how we would have to petition to the NFL to get them to put pressure on EA or to even open up other options to benefit the fans.
Therein lies the problem. You could show the NFL the worst of Madden's gameplay problems, but they DON'T CARE.
What they DO care about is that the shield is presented respectfully (no suspensions in game, no concussions, no dirty play, etc). Beyond that, they could give a rats *** how much gameplay sucks or how low sales are.
They got their money from EA, and that's all that matters. They're making much more money off the exclusive deal with EA than they would using the old licensing practices.
I knew and said at the time that this exclusive license was only going to hurt us, the gamers.
EA tried to spin how much better their game would be because they would have unlimited access to all things NFL. We can all see clearly now how that's all panned out for us.
But EA and the NFL both have exactly what they wanted.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
mykelmosinee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:20 AM.

Top -