Home

Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

This is a discussion on Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-02-2017, 02:59 PM   #105
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
"Drew the short straw" or CFM is not any kind of priority? Wouldn't it make more sense to draw from the gameplay/presentation team since that is what Frostbite effects? Since you were the one that mentioned saving on the learning curve (being more efficient).
MY view, not anything official from EA so take it for what it's worth. Game play is always going to be priority one because everyone benefits. They needed to make game play fixes to keep fighting the never ending bug list. That leaves two choices CFM or MUT, which when you look at the balance sheet it is pretty simple if your making the decision as an intelligent business professional.

As for the relation to CFM, every engineers in house knows how the game works at a high level. They don't need to know the little nuances really just enough to make the move. I am sure there were some none CFM engineers that also worked on the migration as well as folks from the Frostbite studio itself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2017, 05:04 PM   #106
Rookie

The Draft Board thing is really the only thing useful out of all this. Commentary is nice maybe?

Everything else is just fixing stuff that should have already been fixed before (and no real proof that it is "better" either we just know it's changed).
Old 11-02-2017, 06:18 PM   #107
MVP

OVR: 1

I liked the draft board last year way better than the one this year. I donít want them in the order I happened to add them, keeping them in projected order is fine.

And yeah with regards to CFM this year it sucks that resources got pulled but itís forgivable. The long term direction that seems to be shaping up... I wonít say unforgivable because thatís a little too judgy but Iíll say itís enough to turn myself and probably others off from the game.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:16 AM   #108
MVP

OVR: 1

fixing dumb logic isnt a change, its fixing something that doesnt work. yes it is a change but claiming that the cpu isnt going to draft 3 qbs in the first 3 rounds anymore as a new feature is frankly complete %^$&

so that change log whilst it maybe accurate doesnt correctly reflect what is new functionality
Old 11-03-2017, 10:12 AM   #109
Rookie

Cato06's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
MY view, not anything official from EA so take it for what it's worth. Game play is always going to be priority one because everyone benefits. They needed to make game play fixes to keep fighting the never ending bug list.
I agree that gameplay is always going to be number 1 priority, but it drives me crazy when thats all some people care about. No sports video game is ever going to perfectly mimic real life human behavior on a field.

Their is so much thinking and preparing that goes into a real NFL play. You have your assignment before you reach the line of scrimmage, then you make your pre play reads based on the formations, player movements, audibles, motions, etc. Then once the ball is snapped your assignment could completely change based on routes that are being run or coverage that you were not expecting and now you have to adjust on the fly. Its almost near impossible for any video game company to implement this in a game. Your simply playing a guessing game in Madden based on the formation you see but once the ball is snapped your offense and defense is stuck in that play no matter what is happening on the field which causes a cluster F^@k of issues in coverage and player behavior.

My point is gameplay is never going to be perfect in a football simulation. it can be improved but theres always going to be broken aspects of it. I dont think ive ever played a sports game in general that doesn't have mutiple gameplay flaws due to computer AI breakdowns. The best you can do is adjust the sliders to make up for it.

This is why i hate to see everyone lose their minds over gameplay issues. Its never going to end and the more they have to focus on it, the less time they are improving game modes to make the game more fun and in depth.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:25 AM   #110
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cato06
I agree that gameplay is always going to be number 1 priority, but it drives me crazy when thats all some people care about. No sports video game is ever going to perfectly mimic real life human behavior on a field.

Their is so much thinking and preparing that goes into a real NFL play. You have your assignment before you reach the line of scrimmage, then you make your pre play reads based on the formations, player movements, audibles, motions, etc. Then once the ball is snapped your assignment could completely change based on routes that are being run or coverage that you were not expecting and now you have to adjust on the fly. Its almost near impossible for any video game company to implement this in a game. Your simply playing a guessing game in Madden based on the formation you see but once the ball is snapped your offense and defense is stuck in that play no matter what is happening on the field which causes a cluster F^@k of issues in coverage and player behavior.

My point is gameplay is never going to be perfect in a football simulation. it can be improved but theres always going to be broken aspects of it. I dont think ive ever played a sports game in general that doesn't have mutiple gameplay flaws due to computer AI breakdowns. The best you can do is adjust the sliders to make up for it.

This is why i hate to see everyone lose their minds over gameplay issues. Its never going to end and the more they have to focus on it, the less time they are improving game modes to make the game more fun and in depth.
Gameplay is obviously important. However I hate when people make it seem like you have to pick one or the other with gameplay and franchse. EA Austin and EA Tiburon were created specifically so one can work on franchise and the other gameplay.

My issue is not with Madden putting resources into gameplay, but taking the resources from CFM and put it into live. We asked EA to make Madden like NBA2k, and they in turn gave us the middle finger by stripping away resources from an already depleted CFM and giving them to a game that has nothing to do with Madden.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:34 AM   #111
Rookie

Cato06's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
Gameplay is obviously important. However I hate when people make it seem like you have to pick one or the other with gameplay and franchse. EA Austin and EA Tiburon were created specifically so one can work on franchise and the other gameplay.

My issue is not with Madden putting resources into gameplay, but taking the resources from CFM and put it into live. We asked EA to make Madden like NBA2k, and they in turn gave us the middle finger by stripping away resources from an already depleted CFM and giving them to a game that has nothing to do with Madden.
yea, and not to mention no one even cares about that game as it is. Just an awful business decision all around for them to do that. Even if they somehow made Live equally as good as NBA 2k i still think i wouldnt buy it based off of EA's reputation. They continue to be all over the map with their own agenda and ignoring what the hardcore community continues to ask for over and over again. . I just dont trust them to have the same talent, passion, and focus that 2K clearly has with their games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2017, 10:45 AM   #112
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

We have to hope they are looking to truly improve franchise mode with talks of overhaul and hiring people to work on franchise. John White and the team are more than welcome to use all of my ideas and I'm sure DD feels the same. However, with this incredibly disappointing year I hope many more people are ready to not preorder or buy on day 1 and wait for reviews or hold out all together. You have to vote with your wallet for it to really send a message

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »