Home

Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

This is a discussion on Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-03-2017, 12:06 PM   #113
MVP

saintrules's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

I don't have a comment on any developmental stuff or what have you, just a head crammed full of CFM ideas I need to get down on paper...let's go:

- Coaching Carousel: Ability to start as an OC, DC, or HC, and move through the league, getting better offers or fired based off of performance at the end of each season.

- Crowd Noise: Playing a division rival? Crowd is noticeably different, starting chants, stomping feet. Playing a bottom feeder team at their field with super low ticket tales? Crowd is empty, so empty you can hear the one dude yelling "J E T S JETS JETS JETS"...Playing in the Super Bowl? You get my point. I can recall playing March Madness and having to deal with going into wild games against rivals or playing cupcake schools and the attendance would differ, it got me so immersed.

- Player Personalities & Morale: first round draft selection who isn't starting immediately? He's pissed, OVR takes a hit. QB leads team to a game winning TD? Huge confidence boost entering the next week. Pickup a free agent from Los Angeles and bring him to Green Bay? Doesn't perform as well, it's too cold. They already have all of this in The Show...

- Player Styles: I know they already have "one cut back, or run stopper, but it needs to be SO much deeper than that. There should be two, three, four different ways to differentiate each player. The way it is right now makes it feel like David Johnson, Ezekiel Elliot, and Le'Veon Bell are all the same person. Give me SOME WAY TO TELL THEM APART!

That's all I've got for now, man there's so much more though...
Old 11-03-2017, 12:09 PM   #114
Rookie

Cato06's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplechin
We have to hope they are looking to truly improve franchise mode with talks of overhaul and hiring people to work on franchise. John White and the team are more than welcome to use all of my ideas and I'm sure DD feels the same. However, with this incredibly disappointing year I hope many more people are ready to not preorder or buy on day 1 and wait for reviews or hold out all together. You have to vote with your wallet for it to really send a message
Yea I've never been one to say i'm holding out on buying Madden cause thats never true for me, but I've had a change in heart after this years game. I am definitely not purchasing this time unless some major MAJOR upgrades have been done to CFM. Trust me i wouldn't say that unless I actually meant it.

I would also like to see the Madden team be a little more positive and show they are trying to get the NFL to bend a little when it comes to equipment rules and customization i think we should have in the game.
Old 11-03-2017, 01:40 PM   #115
MVP

OVR: 1

one of the things that is getting more and more annoying and im playing m17 not m18 is contracts.

my roster moves are trash and so false.

i cant restructure a deal, no RFAs, one type of franchise tag only, no 5th year rookie options, always back loaded contracts, cant resign a FA until end of year. i want to be able to make use of free cap space and i have no way of doing anything that clubs can do to do that. classic for me is Freeney signed for Arizona mid year, he got 600k base with 100k per sack. in madden he would 3m odd even though 34/5 and because of awr his ovr would have been 85 plus odd pulling that money.

none of that involves game play but simple code in comparison. we had some of those in prior maddens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2017, 02:47 PM   #116
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

It doesn't bother me one way or the other about someone on the net how they enjoy their game. It's their 60 bucks, they can enjoy anyway they see fit.

If someone enjoys CFM over game play, that's great.

If someone loves game play over CFM, that's great too.

Or if someone enjoys both, fantastic.

Last edited by roadman; 11-03-2017 at 03:12 PM.
Old 11-05-2017, 07:21 PM   #117
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

Finally got around to watching this. I'll start by saying I'm disappointed (as most are). Rex differentiates between CFM being a closed service and MUT being a live service. My first thought was "so what?"

But what Rex made clear is that if they're going to make any changes or improvements to CFM, it's going to be to move it toward being a live service. The end game is the same, EA doesn't want you playing another game besides Madden. This is what makes MUT so appealing to a lot of gamers--the ability to release new content, challenges, and packs weekly. There's always something to do on top of the teambuilding and leveling up.

I'll say that, imo, one of the easiest ways to achieve this would be unlocking MUT cards as certain objectives are reached. They already do this in Longshot. Win 5 superbowls with one QB, you get a legend Tom Brady card. Break NFL all-time rushing record? Emmit Smith legend card. Easy way to incentivize people to go play Microtransaction Ultimate Team.

The harsh reality is that we're at a point of no return for CFM. We probably need to stop sulking and start talking about ways for Rex and co., to realize their goals while building a mode that has what we want in it. I don't know what that looks like because no other sports game has a "live" franchise mode.
All talk, no walk, Professor X, man
Andy Mineo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 11-06-2017, 02:21 PM   #118
Pro

OVR: 5

I do not like MUT, and I never see myself getting in to the MUT mode. The key for me to continue playing a franchise is to keep the game from becoming repetitive. These things have largely already been suggested but:

1. Carry-over saves - Seriously, how is this not in Madden already? With my schedule, I barely get through two or three seasons in Madden before the next Madden is getting ready to come out. This makes it pointless, for people like me, to get excited about drafts; because unless the player can play immediately, I am not playing long enough to develop the late round picks to care about them.

2. Dynamic Team Makeup - This would make actually running your team and personnel important. We all see real-life teams making a splash in FA, and signing a lot of high profile players. Those teams are expected to dominate, but end up falling flat during the season because they do not fit/play well together.

Make it more important when deciding on which players to make a part of your team, other than just looking at their overall rating. How does their personality fit with your team? I know that there are playing styles, but make it more impactful for your team. You want a pocket passer, but your line is terrible? I should probably sign a more mobile QB if I want to compete this season.

Enable players to control OCs and DCs (aside from just chosing a different playbook). Maybe one of your coordinators gets hired as a head coach of another team due to the team's success. Now you have to go find a new coordinator that can adapt to the style of players that you have. Maybe you are not having success with your current coordinator, so you get a new coordinator and change your system. Now you have to gradually obtain players that fit that new system. When selecting coordinators, give them specialties that will help develop specific areas of play (extra development points each week for DBs, etc).

3. General Gameplay - I feel that this is why most people lose interest in the game, particularly if you are playing the AI. Make each game different. Make it difficult enough that you actually have a chess match, rather than a memorized set of five plays (typically some type of drag route combination), that work all of the time. Make it difficult enough that you lose to the CPU, without those losses feeling cheap (i.e. stop making the cpu more difficult on defense, because they know what play you called, even if you have never run that play before). Allow users to create an actual game plan. Have advanced scouting reports and allow users to create a play sheet like they do in real life.

When you have a franchise mode that is not very deep outside of gameplay, or at least enough of a reason to get more involved outside of just the pure gameplay, plus your gameplay is stale and repetitive, users will quickly get bored and stop playing.
Old 11-06-2017, 02:49 PM   #119
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by franko3219

3. General Gameplay - I feel that this is why most people lose interest in the game, particularly if you are playing the AI. Make each game different. Make it difficult enough that you actually have a chess match, rather than a memorized set of five plays (typically some type of drag route combination), that work all of the time. Make it difficult enough that you lose to the CPU, without those losses feeling cheap (i.e. stop making the cpu more difficult on defense, because they know what play you called, even if you have never run that play before). Allow users to create an actual game plan. Have advanced scouting reports and allow users to create a play sheet like they do in real life.

When you have a franchise mode that is not very deep outside of gameplay, or at least enough of a reason to get more involved outside of just the pure gameplay, plus your gameplay is stale and repetitive, users will quickly get bored and stop playing.
Agree here. The AI (As A&S often says) needs improvement. I specifically agree with your chess match comment, that is what football is all about. The CPU should have their own tendencies based on their coaches and players, and call plays based upon what formations you come out in. That way they can react organically to plays, gameflow, and audibles. They shouldn't know what play you are calling. It is annoying to call a pass, audible to a run and guarantee yourself yards, or vice versa.

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

Last edited by triplechin; 11-06-2017 at 04:02 PM.
Old 11-06-2017, 03:13 PM   #120
MVP

OVR: 9

Not an encouraging interview at all. Depressing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »