Home

Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

This is a discussion on Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2017, 02:44 PM   #121
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

Wow. Madden has been a part of my entire adult life to one degree or another. I traded 16 in during November. 17 in October. And that was likely the last madden I will ever purchase.

Be Good Or Be Gone
Sent from Galaxy S8+
GT roll2tide
Let's play Madden or Fifa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2017, 02:53 PM   #122
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

I feel for those of you who only play offline because there has been very little innovation in CFM. If it weren't for my online league that I'm invested in, I'd probably never play the game. I really hope that we see some major strides made in this mode next year.

I don't remember who made the original post, but someone on this forum had a lengthy article where he made many great suggestions to improve CFM. EA should check that out and piggback on those ideas -- it would be a great start. I'm not really sure where microtransactions would factor into CFM, but as long as it doesn't become a necessity, it's whatever. I guess the only way to get EA to give a **** about the mode is if they can make additional money off it.

Last edited by Pappy Knuckles; 11-06-2017 at 03:19 PM.
Old 11-06-2017, 03:53 PM   #123
MVP

saintrules's Arena

OVR: 0

Tried playing a couple more games in my offline CFM & it just feels like a complete concrete jungle in there.

Year after year everything looks the same except for the names on players backs. There's no variety at all, and it shows big time when we (GB) are playing Arizona, who we have built an insane rivalry with, and there's zero difference in the crowd, commentary says nothing about previous games, and it just feels BLAH! I have to basically, on my own, create the fun & that gets old pretty quickly.

There just seems to be a massive disconnect from the action on the field & the game. It's almost like it acts in two separate entities when in reality it should act as one. If I'm blowing a team out, I should see fans leaving the stadium and hear some boos, instead I still get 68,000 fans cheering on the bears who I am absolutely destroying & they are heading for a 12 loss season.

It's nuts, just nuts man.
Old 11-06-2017, 04:30 PM   #124
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
I feel for those of you who only play offline because there has been very little innovation in CFM. If it weren't for my online league that I'm invested in, I'd probably never play the game. I really hope that we see some major strides made in this mode next year.

I don't remember who made the original post, but someone on this forum had a lengthy article where he made many great suggestions to improve CFM. EA should check that out and piggback on those ideas -- it would be a great start. I'm not really sure where microtransactions would factor into CFM, but as long as it doesn't become a necessity, it's whatever. I guess the only way to get EA to give a **** about the mode is if they can make additional money off it.
That was Duecedouglas and they have the blueprint of what Duecedouglas produced.

It will be interesting to see where CFM goes.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:39 AM   #125
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

CFM users want an authentic NFL simulation. We don't care about comparing our achievements with the rest of the gamersphere. We don't care about bragging rights. That is for MUT.

What we care about is NFL game play, NFL presentation, assistant coaches, accurate play-call tendencies, QBs who play like QBs, you know, the NFL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2017, 07:35 AM   #126
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
CFM users want an authentic NFL simulation. We don't care about comparing our achievements with the rest of the gamersphere. We don't care about bragging rights. That is for MUT.

What we care about is NFL game play, NFL presentation, assistant coaches, accurate play-call tendencies, QBs who play like QBs, you know, the NFL.
Exactly, no need to re-write the NFL. Just give us the NFL experience in the mode.Im not sure why they still need to ask " what do we want"......

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 11-07-2017, 07:35 AM   #127
Rookie

Cato06's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞

perfectly said. Its really a simple thing that EA is just over analyzing.
Old 11-07-2017, 07:39 AM   #128
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

I posted this in the other CFM thread, but seems to apply here. The vision EA has had is never a vision of authenticity for CFM, it's accessibility. Their hardcore sim vision is different than most and ends up getting pushed back for more marketable items (Longshot, MUT)

The issue with looking ahead to CFM enhancements and fixes is that Rex has stated it likely needs a rebuild and will be done over the long haul. I have zero faith in the CFM team to not only start the process with meaningful features, but then to keep adding to it and building it better. The long term plans for Madden almost always get scrapped after Year 2 and we are left with incomplete features that don't work together and cause larger issues.

They either need one large development cycle (over 2 years probably) to fix CFM or they are going to piece it together over several years and we will get the same crap we always do. They're like the Browns, no plan, just going year by year and chasing their tail and never building on what they started. New leadership, new features, new back of the box items, then after 2-3 years, scrap it and start over.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »