Home

Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

This is a discussion on Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-07-2017, 08:50 AM   #129
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
I posted this in the other CFM thread, but seems to apply here. The vision EA has had is never a vision of authenticity for CFM, it's accessibility. Their hardcore sim vision is different than most and ends up getting pushed back for more marketable items (Longshot, MUT)

The issue with looking ahead to CFM enhancements and fixes is that Rex has stated it likely needs a rebuild and will be done over the long haul. I have zero faith in the CFM team to not only start the process with meaningful features, but then to keep adding to it and building it better. The long term plans for Madden almost always get scrapped after Year 2 and we are left with incomplete features that don't work together and cause larger issues.

They either need one large development cycle (over 2 years probably) to fix CFM or they are going to piece it together over several years and we will get the same crap we always do. They're like the Browns, no plan, just going year by year and chasing their tail and never building on what they started. New leadership, new features, new back of the box items, then after 2-3 years, scrap it and start over.
What irks me is that spent 2-3 years building Longshot behind the scenes but act as if itís impossible to do for CFM
Old 11-07-2017, 08:56 AM   #130
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Rex has stated it likely needs a rebuild and will be done over the long haul.
This is what cracks me up ( infuriates me) about this dev team. So at the start of this madden Rex says Franchise is already good....... now he is admitting what we have all known for years now, it needs a rebuild.Yet they wonder why alot of people do not trust anything they say anymore? Like we are the bad guys for not trusting them? Thats what blows my mind. So a mode that is already good , needs a rebuild....... well glad he admits it , but we all know what that means...... " we have a new 5 year plan" . Guess what, been waiting for 6 to see something good come from CFM, still waiting. Just like that ignite engine that was going to do wonders for the game, they have now scrapped because it did hardly anything they promised it would. Fact is, this is gonna be my last madden. Keep your 5 year plan, tired of waiting, waiting , waiting.And guess what so are many many others. They are going to see a drop in sales for 19 , just watch and see. People are fed up and have every single right to be.

You know i hear people want to defend them and say, well they have a very short dev cycle because they put game out each year. Ok cool , GTA took about 5 years to make, let compare the quality there to CFM thats been going thru dev for 6 years, but ill knock a whole year off for the " in between times". Take a look and tell me CFM is even 1/4 the quality GTA is . Go ahead ill wait.....

The excuses are old , tired and worn out. They have had their chances to make meaningful strides in CFM but instead have done nothing of the sort.I hear it all over the place from a ton of online leagues. People are fed up , and will be walking away after this one. Its not just me .To many quality games out now and coming out, that there is no longer a desire to fight thru a bad quality game waiting and hoping next year will be better, for it only to fail us yet again. They have earned this L they about to take.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 11-07-2017, 09:42 AM   #131
Banned

Brightline's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
This is what cracks me up ( infuriates me) about this dev team. So at the start of this madden Rex says Franchise is already good....... now he is admitting what we have all known for years now, it needs a rebuild.Yet they wonder why alot of people do not trust anything they say anymore? Like we are the bad guys for not trusting them? Thats what blows my mind. So a mode that is already good , needs a rebuild....... well glad he admits it , but we all know what that means...... " we have a new 5 year plan" . Guess what, been waiting for 6 to see something good come from CFM, still waiting. Just like that ignite engine that was going to do wonders for the game, they have now scrapped because it did hardly anything they promised it would. Fact is, this is gonna be my last madden. Keep your 5 year plan, tired of waiting, waiting , waiting.And guess what so are many many others. They are going to see a drop in sales for 19 , just watch and see. People are fed up and have every single right to be.

You know i hear people want to defend them and say, well they have a very short dev cycle because they put game out each year. Ok cool , GTA took about 5 years to make, let compare the quality there to CFM thats been going thru dev for 6 years, but ill knock a whole year off for the " in between times". Take a look and tell me CFM is even 1/4 the quality GTA is . Go ahead ill wait.....

The excuses are old , tired and worn out. They have had their chances to make meaningful strides in CFM but instead have done nothing of the sort.I hear it all over the place from a ton of online leagues. People are fed up , and will be walking away after this one. Its not just me .To many quality games out now and coming out, that there is no longer a desire to fight thru a bad quality game waiting and hoping next year will be better, for it only to fail us yet again. They have earned this L they about to take.

This is hard. Think this through: what reaction in July if Rex or some other EA person says ďwe know CFM isnít deep enough or authentic enough but it wants the focus this year because X. Going forward though we know this is area we want to improve and want input on how to do it.Ē
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2017, 09:59 AM   #132
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Iíve spent far more time than my job would probably like attempting to think how to help solve this and have come up with almost nothing of substance.

All due respect to the ideas tossed out there but they are shallow and insulting. The flip side is, I donít have a better idea at the moment.

Live updates to season, coach, revenue, and owner, goals may be interesting if done properly. I suppose it would have to align with some thing that happened IRL?

Again. I just donít know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 11-07-2017, 10:07 AM   #133
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightline
This is hard. Think this through: what reaction in July if Rex or some other EA person says “we know CFM isn’t deep enough or authentic enough but it wants the focus this year because X. Going forward though we know this is area we want to improve and want input on how to do it.”
To me its not hard at all. But then again i was raised to tell the truth, the whole truth , and nothing but the truth. So maybe thats the difference. You dont say the mode is "already good" when it clearly isnt.

Yeah i get it , business...... guess thats part of my problem. Todays world gives businesses a golden ticket to say , its ok to lie, you need sales. Its ok to exaggerate the facts by alot,because you need the sales..... the sales are whats important not the truth.

See i guess its because i actually have a high moral standard that i hold myself to , and wish others in todays world did, because i dunno about the rest of you , but this world and the direction its heading is straight in the toilet and it sickens me . Mainly because we would rather make excuses than do what is right.

If the mode needs fixing, then fix it .Stop trying to blow smoke up peoples !#$ so you can get those sales again.Im sorry but to me, its unacceptable practices.If telling the truth hurts your sales, then you should know there is a serious problem with your product. And if you know that, you should be spending the time and energy fixing it instead of just letting it go by the wayside.I dont really care how someone wants to spin it, its wrong in my book, bottom line, and i aint about to excuse it .

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 11-07-2017, 11:10 AM   #134
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
To me its not hard at all. But then again i was raised to tell the truth, the whole truth , and nothing but the truth. So maybe thats the difference. You dont say the mode is "already good" when it clearly isnt.

Yeah i get it , business...... guess thats part of my problem. Todays world gives businesses a golden ticket to say , its ok to lie, you need sales. Its ok to exaggerate the facts by alot,because you need the sales..... the sales are whats important not the truth.

See i guess its because i actually have a high moral standard that i hold myself to , and wish others in todays world did, because i dunno about the rest of you , but this world and the direction its heading is straight in the toilet and it sickens me . Mainly because we would rather make excuses than do what is right.

If the mode needs fixing, then fix it .Stop trying to blow smoke up peoples !#$ so you can get those sales again.Im sorry but to me, its unacceptable practices.If telling the truth hurts your sales, then you should know there is a serious problem with your product. And if you know that, you should be spending the time and energy fixing it instead of just letting it go by the wayside.I dont really care how someone wants to spin it, its wrong in my book, bottom line, and i aint about to excuse it .
This X 1,000. Fix it....just fix it. Stop with the lame, tired excuses. Stop defending things that are indefensible, and hold them accountable. I don't want to hear how difficult it is, or time constraints, or old coding problems...not my problem.
I've NEVER seen a large, established developer make so many excuses in my life, yet have no issue charging 60 bucks for a game worth about half that much.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-2017, 11:47 AM   #135
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncereBlackout
Iíve spent far more time than my job would probably like attempting to think how to help solve this and have come up with almost nothing of substance.

All due respect to the ideas tossed out there but they are shallow and insulting. The flip side is, I donít have a better idea at the moment.

Live updates to season, coach, revenue, and owner, goals may be interesting if done properly. I suppose it would have to align with some thing that happened IRL?

Again. I just donít know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah it seems pretty tough. How do you add some live service that does not cheapen the franchise experience and doesn't give an advantage to no lifing franchise which would ruin competitive balance in online franchise. I feel like cosmetics are an easy answer for me but NFL doesn't allow it

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2017, 11:57 AM   #136
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I think it is entirely unreasonable to conclude that Tiburon is "moving away from" Franchise after one cycle without major updates based on a one-game trend. We've gone through one-year lapses without major updates before - Madden NFL 11 comes to mind - and Franchise remains the most popular mode in the game. It's the game mode the core audience plays, it's still very important.

Up until this year, every Madden game since M12 has seen significant additions and changes to Franchise mode. It is perfectly reasonable to expect that to return to form next year, what with the two major tech pushes introduced in M18 - the transition from Ignite to Frostbite and the foundation for future Longshot iterations - in place.
I really dont understand why you defend them so stoutly in every post on this message board.

This will probably be deleted, as my account will be as well.

But at least this boot licker will see it.

This has been going on for years and years and years. The fact that they put so much time and energy into a useless mode like Longshot shows us how much they want to put into CFM. Which is nothing.

Its obvious to me at least that you will defend everything they do, no matter what it is.

No matter that the first two patches did absolutely nothing for CFM OR for there different Modes OTHER then Competition. Which points to CFM being dead to them.

They even ADDED new features to MUT. Give me a break. Wake up Hooe.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »