Home

Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

This is a discussion on Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-08-2017, 02:54 AM   #145
Rookie

TannerYoho's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

Definitely my last Madden. Put it down for a few months and picked it back up two days ago. Got through three quarters and just wasn't into it. It's hard to really get invested in a mode that's been the same for so long. I enjoyed trying to build my Pirates up in mlb and their franchise has many flaws. I enjoyed 2k a lot last year, just couldn't deal with the vc craze and took this year off to support live, and i really really enjoyed the old ncaa games. I wish i could get my hands on an older system and the game. I'd love it with some updated rosters. It's just sad that in 2017 it seems that we've gone backwards in franchise. MUT has risen to the top. And I'm happy for those guys and girls that play MUT. That's awesome that their bread and butter mode continues to improve. And their game style as well gets multiple tweaks per patch. I remember when they said "with three different modes we can patch things the simheads want and not affect our competitive base". What thst must've meant was "we can tweak the competitive mode and not worry about ruining our base Sim mode" since it hasn't been touched. (At least i don't think it has I could be wrong.) i know this was really all over the place, but it's just a shame man.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2017, 12:43 PM   #146
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
I went to EA Play and even posted here about what we were going to get in our hands with excitement.

Then before release, I read from Rex that they “tuned” the game and every since then it’s gotten worse for the CFM side, in that Gameplay would at least be enough to quell some frustration until M19 release.

Gameplay was that good at EA Play!!!

Well, here we are mid-November with gameplay no where near what was at EA Play along with “zero” interaction with this community.

Actions speak louder than words, and the Tourney community is the golden child and receives VIP treatment across the board.
- too much of this, it’s changed immediately
- not enough of that, it’s done

Meanwhile, the Franchise community is given the “Marketing” commercial to sit around and ponder on how $$$ can be made via non-football related gimmicks.

“NOT ONE TUNER NOR ANY DISCUSSION FOR A CFM TUNER” has been talked about.
- ZERO interaction about what would you like to see tuned for CFM, zero!!!

I’ll just stop here because, even though I said I would never, I now realize I to fell for the “Bait-n-Switch” marketing routine about CFM being a focus.
- Rinse and repeat since dropping on Xbox One/PS4

Actions have spoken louder than words.

In a couple of months, all the Marketing interaction with the CFM community will be at full throttle to hype about M19, but the truth is what it is.

Side note:
Going forth, EA Play and any information coming out of it and these other pre-release events should just be ignored until some tangible hands on time.
This makes the situation even more frustrating. A shame that the majority will never get to experience this pre-release version of gameplay.
L.A. Noire (Switch)
Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity (Switch)
Old 11-22-2017, 09:04 AM   #147
MVP

OVR: 3

I dont understated how or why the gameplay is always supposedly better early on, then gets progressively worse.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 11-22-2017, 09:12 AM   #148
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
This makes the situation even more frustrating. A shame that the majority will never get to experience this pre-release version of gameplay.
I think this current title update was our pre-release version.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:05 AM   #149
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Side note:
Going forth, EA Play and any information coming out of it and these other pre-release events should just be ignored until some tangible hands on time.
To take it a step further, tangible hands on time with the release game.

If you're mad about this year then even if you love the sound of all the changes next year don't preorder. Wait till the game has been out for a few days and people have played the version that actually releases, then make your decision. With how they implemented "Sim" mode there's 0 reason to trust that they're going to pull off anything they try to implement until we see it, again, in post-release.

I'm not 100% sure I'm not buying next year's game. If there are great CFM improvements I might, but I'm going to have to read impressions for about a week after launch before I make that decision. It would take several years of good releases for me to trust them enough to preorder again at this point.
Old 11-24-2017, 10:38 PM   #150
Banned

OVR: 7

Their are a lot of really passionate people who love football, and video game football. Hopefully someday we will see a game producer with a vision who can combine the two and deliver on what they promise.
Old 11-25-2017, 02:04 PM   #151
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelR2000
Their are a lot of really passionate people who love football, and video game football. Hopefully someday we will see a game producer with a vision who can combine the two and deliver on what they promise.
No... hopefully there will be a game developer (2k??) that understands that the criticism and frustration with EA is at a all-time high and will capitalize on it by tapping into this market.

This developer would have the vision to see that a generic game can work if done right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2017, 02:05 PM   #152
Rookie

Ill just leave this here for y'all to digest.

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1YpKkWonzYyKj

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »