Home

Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

This is a discussion on Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2017, 03:14 PM   #9
The Lama
 
Armor and Sword's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Parkland, Florida
Posts: 18,024
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
They are hitting a targeted market with that, though. If you comb through that huge alarming thread, there are people who will pay for that stuff.

I am not one of them.
Neither am I.

I am done with Madden. Madden 18 is my last hurrah. Until meaningful upgrades are made to CPU AI the game is worthless to me moving forward. I can simply play 16,17 and 18.

We are in the rearview mirror (traditional pioneer Madden franchise players). Really it’s that apparent and has been made loud and clear.

No problem. But no more getting my money or purchasing this annually.

It’s over.
__________________
Now Playing:
MLB The Show 20
Madden 16
Madden 22
NBA 2K22
No Mans Sky


Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Armor and Sword is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 03:34 PM   #10
49ers
 
adembroski's Arena
 
OVR: 43
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Prescott, AZ
Posts: 5,634
Blog Entries: 20
Re: Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

Rex is a gameplay guy. Mike Young is head of gamemodes.

Anyways, he basically suggests things that are already in the game; XP and Legacy.
__________________
There are two types of people on OS: Those who disagree with me, and those who agree.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
adembroski is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 03:53 PM   #11
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2013
Re: Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
While I don't love the idea of a monetized franchise mode, I wonder if monetizing the mode (should they do that) actually helps franchise gamers by forcing EA to deliver a better product because they're charging more for it. I'd have to think that increased monetization would mean increased support, better quality control, etc.

If that's what it takes for them to produce a legit franchise mode, then I'd prefer that option to the current scenario.

Hell, I'd pay for custom schemes/game plans within franchise mode if that's what it'd take to get them to fix those damn things. I'd pay for custom package sub options on O or D if that's what it'd take for them to update their packages concepts and make their formation subs system actually work.
Frankly, i would spend $500 a year for a great franchise mode if they made a game that was immersive enough. I would play it so much that $500 would be a value for my entertainment dollar. I spend more than double that for cable tv.
timhere1970 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2017, 03:58 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame
 
OVR: 33
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 10,343
Re: Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
Frankly, i would spend $500 a year for a great franchise mode if they made a game that was immersive enough. I would play it so much that $500 would be a value for my entertainment dollar. I spend more than double that for cable tv.
IDK if I'd pay $500, but I'd pay half that for sure. Gaming is my main hobby. I don't golf, don't go out drinking, don't have any other expensive hobbies, so I like to get a lot of bang for my buck with my video game purchases. I play Madden and The Show exclusively, and I play them all year round.

I would absolutely pay more to get a real franchise mode, but they'd have to deliver on the field and in the strategy/game planning areas. I'm not paying jack for aesthetic upgrades or leveled-up gamer status. I don't give a rip about any of that.
RogueHominid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 04:03 PM   #13
MVP
 
Toupal's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2014
Re: Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Rex is a gameplay guy. Mike Young is head of gamemodes.

Anyways, he basically suggests things that are already in the game; XP and Legacy.
You said it right there, and that is what I thought was so strange about it....

If they put a little more thought and time into Legacy and XP, I really think it could be great.

Legacy especially... Make breaking records a bigger deal, have real stat tracking, make the hall of fame a bigger deal and have a presentation/ race as opposed to a hidden tweet.
Toupal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 04:07 PM   #14
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2013
Re: Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
IDK if I'd pay $500, but I'd pay half that for sure. Gaming is my main hobby. I don't golf, don't go out drinking, don't have any other expensive hobbies, so I like to get a lot of bang for my buck with my video game purchases. I play Madden and The Show exclusively, and I play them all year round.

I would absolutely pay more to get a real franchise mode, but they'd have to deliver on the field and in the strategy/game planning areas. I'm not paying jack for aesthetic upgrades or leveled-up gamer status. I don't give a rip about any of that.
I agree, i am not payjng nothing extra for a game made for card collecting with solo franchise treated as a mode that gets whatever resources are left over after everything else gets what they want.
timhere1970 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 04:08 PM   #15
MVP
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Jul 2011
Re: Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

Franchise is heading in a completely different direction than I wish it were. This is hard to watch.
__________________
Teams: Minnesota Vikings, Cincinnati Reds, Marshall Thundering Herd, Virginia Tech Hokies (2010 alum)
fballturkey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2017, 04:13 PM   #16
MVP
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Nov 2005
Re: Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
Franchise is heading in a completely different direction than I wish it were. This is hard to watch.


Yep. Pretty much solidifies what I was concerned about in the direction thread. I can only hope that other sports titles can quench my franchise/dynasty thirst.
goillini03 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:41 AM.

Top -