Home

Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

This is a discussion on Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-29-2017, 12:14 AM   #161
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmetcalfe
Whether it’s TVERTS or Simfball, the next person to interview Rex, Rex needs to be asked “What do you think the SIM community wants” and “How can the SIM community make it clear what the priorities are”
i tweed your stam to simfball
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2017, 09:28 AM   #162
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmetcalfe
Whether it’s TVERTS or Simfball, the next person to interview Rex, Rex needs to be asked “What do you think the SIM community wants” and “How can the SIM community make it clear what the priorities are”
Im going to be honest here. If after all these years of people doing wish lists madden, and they still aren't sure what we want, well then, id say thats pretty dang sad . I mean we want CFM to be a simulation of running a team , either from a owners perspective or a coach . The old saying " its in the game" .... if its in real life, put it in the game and make it work properly and dont take things out just to re-put it back in later and call it new.

I dont think for 1 second they don't already know what the sim community wants. Thats not the issue. The issue is, the people above them think what we want will not generate more sales, more MUT purchases, therefore they do not care about it enough to fund like that should to make those things happen. Instead they do a "bone" concept. Let Rex and team work on a thing or two for us, and the majority of work and funds go to bringing in more casuals , in hopes they dont know better and get sucked into MUT . Thats why its literally in your face every single time you load the game. You cant do anything without first dismissing that MUT of the day or whatever it is that pops up before you go anywhere in the menu.

They know what we want, and maybe Rex and Clint and some devs care, but the issue is , and always has been the people above them, dont value us, mainly because we just keep buying it at launch anyway with the way they do things now. Only one way that changes.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 12-02-2017, 10:50 AM   #163
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Im going to be honest here. If after all these years of people doing wish lists madden, and they still aren't sure what we want, well then, id say thats pretty dang sad . I mean we want CFM to be a simulation of running a team , either from a owners perspective or a coach . The old saying " its in the game" .... if its in real life, put it in the game and make it work properly and dont take things out just to re-put it back in later and call it new.

I dont think for 1 second they don't already know what the sim community wants. Thats not the issue. The issue is, the people above them think what we want will not generate more sales, more MUT purchases, therefore they do not care about it enough to fund like that should to make those things happen. Instead they do a "bone" concept. Let Rex and team work on a thing or two for us, and the majority of work and funds go to bringing in more casuals , in hopes they dont know better and get sucked into MUT . Thats why its literally in your face every single time you load the game. You cant do anything without first dismissing that MUT of the day or whatever it is that pops up before you go anywhere in the menu.

They know what we want, and maybe Rex and Clint and some devs care, but the issue is , and always has been the people above them, dont value us, mainly because we just keep buying it at launch anyway with the way they do things now. Only one way that changes.
Dude so true as long as we keep buying they are going to do what ever they want

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old 12-02-2017, 10:58 AM   #164
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman43
Dude so true as long as we keep buying they are going to do what ever they want

A lot of people are over it.

I think the real challenge is not buying the game for your kids. My kid and her cousins are all reaching that age where they are interested in games and I know the boys will be looking at sport games.

I know that I have to push them towards other games (2K, The Show), help them understand that EA isn't putting out great games like the other companies are in the sport niche, teach them that things weren't always like this, and that at the end of the day you vote with your wallet.

I think that's going to become an ever bigger theme within all of our lives and it won't be limited to something as petty as video games. This Net Neutrality stuff is actually quite scary for someone who has had the luxury of growing up with a truly "free" internet.
Old 12-02-2017, 11:01 AM   #165
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse

I think the real challenge is not buying the game for your kids. My kid and her cousins are all reaching that age where they are interested in games and I know the boys will be looking at sport games.

I know that I have to push them towards other games (2K, The Show), help them understand that EA isn't putting out great games like the other companies are in the sport niche, teach them that things weren't always like this, and that at the end of the day you vote with your wallet.

I think that's going to become an ever bigger theme within all of our lives and it won't be limited to something as petty as video games. This Net Neutrality stuff is actually quite scary for someone who has had the luxury of growing up with a truly "free" internet.
Yup you gotta hurt rhem with sales

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2017, 04:45 PM   #166
Rookie

JayhawkerStL's Arena

Quote:

Don't. Don't be that dad. It's really lame.

And I say that as a dad that was boycotting all EA games fro several years after the original exclusive contract that killed off 2K football. But I never forced my daughter or wife to join in on the boycott.

Our kids should get to decide what they do and don't want to play on their own. My daughter knew that I didn't play EA games, and even thought I would not let her play The Sims. But my boycott is not my family's boycott.

Don't turn your kid into freaking video game forum warrior. At the very least, let them become what they become on their own terms. Because at the end of they, it will make you look like an idiot when your kid goes to friends' houses to play Madden, explaining to his friends that his dad is a kook. It's not a positive relationship.

----

"I think a lot of the anger some fans have toward video games they fear will disappoint them are rooted in unrelated desires for basic existential validation. And I get that. But no video game (or movie, or book, or song) is ever going to fill that hole." - Arthur Gies
Old 12-04-2017, 10:06 PM   #167
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
Don't. Don't be that dad. It's really lame.
Hey we don't have to agree on this, but my job as a parent isn't to make sure my kids are happy. My job is to make sure they have some damn sense and can grow into functional adults.

The idea that not allowing Madden in my home is in some way neglecting my child's happiness (as if that even matters over something so petty, I mean go outside son!), or even in some way abusive, is in my perspective comical.

I am a hoosier and never would have imagined I would never eat Papa John's again. I'm also a Black man and I recognize the historical sentiment behind their public comments about anthem protests (which they tried to walk back after everyone called them out on it).

I could care less if my children cried about how they can eat Papa John's at their friend's house but their "kook" dad won't order it at home. When they're grown and understand the nature of the world, hopefully I've done my job as a parent and gave them some damn principles.
Old 12-04-2017, 10:37 PM   #168
Rookie

Quote:
Hey we don't have to agree on this, but my job as a parent isn't to make sure my kids are happy. My job is to make sure they have some damn sense and can grow into functional adults.

The idea that not allowing Madden in my home is in some way neglecting my child's happiness (as if that even matters over something so petty, I mean go outside son!), or even in some way abusive, is in my perspective comical.

I am a hoosier and never would have imagined I would never eat Papa John's again. I'm also a Black man and I recognize the historical sentiment behind their public comments about anthem protests (which they tried to walk back after everyone called them out on it).

I could care less if my children cried about how they can eat Papa John's at their friend's house but their "kook" dad won't order it at home. When they're grown and understand the nature of the world, hopefully I've done my job as a parent and gave them some damn principles.
Well said, and as a Dad, I could not agree more!

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »