Home

Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

This is a discussion on Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2017, 09:06 AM   #169
Banned

TheOncomingStorm's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse
Hey we don't have to agree on this, but my job as a parent isn't to make sure my kids are happy. My job is to make sure they have some damn sense and can grow into functional adults.

The idea that not allowing Madden in my home is in some way neglecting my child's happiness (as if that even matters over something so petty, I mean go outside son!), or even in some way abusive, is in my perspective comical.

I am a hoosier and never would have imagined I would never eat Papa John's again. I'm also a Black man and I recognize the historical sentiment behind their public comments about anthem protests (which they tried to walk back after everyone called them out on it).

I could care less if my children cried about how they can eat Papa John's at their friend's house but their "kook" dad won't order it at home. When they're grown and understand the nature of the world, hopefully I've done my job as a parent and gave them some damn principles.
No one said it was "neglecting [your] child's happiness" or being abusive, just that it would be lame if your children wanted to play a football video game, and you denied them that because of your personal opinions of EA. That would be lame. Let kids be kids.
Old 12-05-2017, 11:23 AM   #170
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOncomingStorm
No one said it was "neglecting [your] child's happiness" or being abusive, just that it would be lame if your children wanted to play a football video game, and you denied them that because of your personal opinions of EA. That would be lame. Let kids be kids.
Try again.
Old 12-05-2017, 12:29 PM   #171
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:

I am a hoosier and never would have imagined I would never eat Papa John's again. I'm also a Black man and I recognize the historical sentiment behind their public comments about anthem protests (which they tried to walk back after everyone called them out on it).

Sounds like you are a bit too quick boycott things. The national anthem protests are immoral; the cause they are done to support is factually bankrupt; the NFL and NFLPA have been remarkably negligent in not making it mandatory for players/employees on the field to show respect for the flag and anthem; and Papa John's pizza is easily the most delicious chain pizza ever made.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2017, 12:39 PM   #172
Rookie

Big Bankhead's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
Sounds like you are a bit too quick boycott things. The national anthem protests are immoral; the cause they are done to support is factually bankrupt; the NFL and NFLPA have been remarkably negligent in not making it mandatory for players/employees on the field to show respect for the flag and anthem; and Papa John's pizza is easily the most delicious chain pizza ever made.
I’m black and I agree with you on the anthem protests. I know they’re not protesting the armed troops and the flag but protesting during that time is very insensitive especially when people like myself had family and current friends serve. There were other ways to protest without doing that.
"If you look good, you feel good. If you feel good, you play good. If you play good, they pay good." - Deion Sanders #21

Ravens!
Lakers!
Yankees!

PSN: Spartan387
XBGT: KobraTheKing
Old 12-05-2017, 12:54 PM   #173
Rookie

Cato06's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
But see, that is the telling part here. The only people that need the type of rewards , like he is talking about, to keep them coming back to CFM is Casuals and that is clearly who they are targeting now and focusing a majority of their CFM time on. So sadly , those of us core guys , might get A bone , while most of changes in CFM go at targeting casuals to draw them into the mode. After 29 years of madden, you would think they would already know what the core CFM crowd wants. Its not rocket science at this point.
ya but casuals will always be casuals. They will come and go. I dont see the sense in targeting someone who doesnt plan on investing much time in your game. That doesnt make sense to me. If i was working for EA i would want to convert casuals into hardcore gamers by giving them deep modes that will keep them coming back and to get them hooked, I dont see reward points accomplishing that task. But if you create a very deep franchise mode you have a better chance of converting some of those casuals into more die hard fans. They will never become die hard fans of the mode if you never give them a reason to be in the first place. The proof is what happened with NFL2k4 to 2k5. Alot of people tried 2k4 and started to realize how much deeper the franchise mode/presentation/gameplay was than madden at the time. Its an arguable debate on which game was better at the time but regardless of anyones opinion, people were starting to recognize 2K's talent and it showed when 2k5 came out for only $19.99. The sales almost doubled and Madden took a huge hit in sales because of it. Before NFL2k5 i was a casual gamer that enjoyed franchise mode but never really got to into it because i never felt immersed into it enough to invest any time into it. It wasnt until 2k sports opened my eyes and showed me how deep a franchise mode could actually be. From then on i was addicted tot he mode. I was finding any chance i could play. I would come home from work for my lunch break and would try to squeeze in a game or a draft, watch the sportscenter rundown for the week, make a trade, etc. I loved the authentic experience of running a real NFL franchise. I was devastated when the news broke that EA bought out the license because something THAT GOOD was so short lived. And to thing about what it would have become is just depressing.

Point is they shouldnt be trying to get casuals to keep coming back, they should be converting casuals by showing them a deep mode that is addicting enough to keep them coming back.
Old 12-05-2017, 01:02 PM   #174
Banned

TheOncomingStorm's Arena

Quote:
Try again.
Nah, I'm good. Have fun using your children as part of a fruitless protest.
Old 12-05-2017, 02:11 PM   #175
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bankhead
I’m black and I agree with you on the anthem protests. I know they’re not protesting the armed troops and the flag but protesting during that time is very insensitive especially when people like myself had family and current friends serve. There were other ways to protest without doing that.
Thank You. I'm not against the NFL players protesting issues they believe in, just against the vehicle they chose to use. I have not watched an NFL game since I saw Packer players disrespecting your family and friends who served, and especially for those who lost their lives serving our country.

Again, not at all against NFL players protesting issues. Just against the method used. I think you and I see this the same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2017, 02:16 PM   #176
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

Kneeling during the anthem isn't attacking military or anyone, it is displaying displeasure with the country. But perhaps we shouldn't go down this rabbit hole, this thread is awfully off track lol.

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »