Home

Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

This is a discussion on Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2017, 02:37 PM   #177
Hall Of Fame
 
OVR: 33
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 10,292
Re: Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

How is any of this about Franchise mode? Did I miss something?
RogueHominid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 02:44 PM   #178
Banned
 
IcedCoffee1983's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2015
Re: Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
Sounds like you are a bit too quick boycott things. The national anthem protests are immoral; the cause they are done to support is factually bankrupt; the NFL and NFLPA have been remarkably negligent in not making it mandatory for players/employees on the field to show respect for the flag and anthem; and Papa John's pizza is easily the most delicious chain pizza ever made.
You know whats better than delicious pizza?

Living in a country where we have the right to protest.

It is not important whether you agree with those protesting or not, it is beautiful that they have the right to kneel or the right to stand. The right to protest is precious. When individuals start put what they view as "immoral" as more important than the constitutional rights of every citizen, it is a sad day indeed.

You're the worst kind of wrong. You dont even know you're wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bankhead
I’m black and I agree with you on the anthem protests. I know they’re not protesting the armed troops and the flag but protesting during that time is very insensitive especially when people like myself had family and current friends serve. There were other ways to protest without doing that.
Interesting, you admit you know they're not "protesting the armed troops" but you still find it insensitive to those serving. You can rest assured those protests are not directed to the men and women who keep us safe. So dont let your senses be disturbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplechin
Kneeling during the anthem isn't attacking military or anyone, it is displaying displeasure with the country. But perhaps we shouldn't go down this rabbit hole, this thread is awfully off track lol.
This guy gets it!

I just assume as the years go by people will protest all sorts of things I dont agree with... however I will never waiver in my support for anyone to protest what they see fit. Just like I would never waiver journalists having a right to a free press or every womans right to universal suffrage. There are millions of people alive today that have never known these rights. Never been able to kneel and protest an issue, never been able to use the internet, never been able to vote, never been able to get a pass-port to visit other countries or cheer "lock so-and-so up!"

We are very lucky. Thank God we live in country where we can all do these things. You might not agree with the kneeling, but thank God they are free to do it if they want.
IcedCoffee1983 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 02:59 PM   #179
Asst 2 the Comm Manager
 
TheShizNo1's Arena
 
OVR: 33
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 25,988
Re: Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
How is any of this about Franchise mode? Did I miss something?
Smh. Back on topic fellas.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
Just once I'd like to be the one they call a jerk off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya


...
TheShizNo1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:49 AM   #180
Rookie
 
Cato06's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 286
Re: Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

im gonna repost this cause it seemed to have gotten lost in the middle of some protest argument non sense....

"ya but casuals will always be casuals. They will come and go. I dont see the sense in targeting someone who doesnt plan on investing much time in your game. That doesnt make sense to me. If i was working for EA i would want to convert casuals into hardcore gamers by giving them deep modes that will keep them coming back and to get them hooked, I dont see reward points accomplishing that task. But if you create a very deep franchise mode you have a better chance of converting some of those casuals into more die hard fans. They will never become die hard fans of the mode if you never give them a reason to be in the first place. The proof is what happened with NFL2k4 to 2k5. Alot of people tried 2k4 and started to realize how much deeper the franchise mode/presentation/gameplay was than madden at the time. Its an arguable debate on which game was better at the time but regardless of anyones opinion, people were starting to recognize 2K's talent and it showed when 2k5 came out for only $19.99. The sales almost doubled and Madden took a huge hit in sales because of it. Before NFL2k5 i was a casual gamer that enjoyed franchise mode but never really got to into it because i never felt immersed into it enough to invest any time into it. It wasnt until 2k sports opened my eyes and showed me how deep a franchise mode could actually be. From then on i was addicted to the mode. I was finding any chance i could play. I would come home from work for my lunch break and would try to squeeze in a game or a draft, watch the sportscenter rundown for the week, make a trade, etc. I loved the authentic experience of running a real NFL franchise. I was devastated when the news broke that EA bought out the license because something THAT GOOD was so short lived. And to think about what it would have become is just depressing.

Point is they shouldnt be trying to get casuals to keep coming back, they should be converting casuals by showing them a deep mode that is addicting enough to keep them coming back."
Cato06 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 10:49 AM   #181
MVP
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Nov 2005
Re: Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

Honestly, I would prefer Rex just come out and say the truth. We are trying to attract casuals to the game so we can capitalize on their extra cash flow in MUT.

I listened to the 30 for 30 podcast about Madden last night, and it left me shaking my head.
goillini03 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2017, 09:52 PM   #182
Rookie
 
SyncereBlackout's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 829
Re: Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goillini03
Honestly, I would prefer Rex just come out and say the truth. We are trying to attract casuals to the game so we can capitalize on their extra cash flow in MUT.

I listened to the 30 for 30 podcast about Madden last night, and it left me shaking my head.


What was said on the podcast? Was Rex on it?Link?

I would rather just battle MUT dollar for dollar in CFM than dilute the pool of $ with casuals


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Grown Man League (GML) - Commish (PS4)

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
SyncereBlackout is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:12 PM   #183
Pro
 
JayCutlersCig's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: North Carolina
Re: Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goillini03
Honestly, I would prefer Rex just come out and say the truth. We are trying to attract casuals to the game so we can capitalize on their extra cash flow in MUT.

I listened to the 30 for 30 podcast about Madden last night, and it left me shaking my head.


I think at this point, it’s safe to say that we won’t get a hardcore football sim for a long while, or at least not from a major company. Primarily because what EA is doing is trying to attract the casuals/fantasy football geeks (not trying to offend), and smaller companies don’t have the resources to produce an ambitious game.

It pisses me off a little, but at this point, it’s become more of a game of “wait-and-see”.
JayCutlersCig is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:18 PM   #184
MVP
 
scitychamps87's Arena
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCutlersCig
I think at this point, it’s safe to say that we won’t get a hardcore football sim for a long while, or at least not from a major company. Primarily because what EA is doing is trying to attract the casuals/fantasy football geeks (not trying to offend), and smaller companies don’t have the resources to produce an ambitious game.

It pisses me off a little, but at this point, it’s become more of a game of “wait-and-see”.
I think the worst part of all of this is as someone who plays fantasy football but is a hardcore NFL fan, I think the best way to actually attract this audience is not through some crazy Pokemon-esque card mode but rather a highly customizable Franchise mode that can be boiled down into a really simple or expanded into a really complex experience based on user preference like NBA 2k's MyLeague.

The casual fantasy football types enjoy building a team of their favorite players throughout the course of a season in hopes of having the best record or winning a championship in head-to-head matchups. That's EXACTLY WHAT YOU DO IN FRANCHISE MODE. YOU BUILD A TEAM.

I love Rex as a dev because I truly think he does care about every person who plays the game, but the lack of depth can be frustrating. I enjoy franchise mode now. Imagine if it was as deep as other games's franchise modes...Madden would be a legendary game again.
__________________
PITTSBURGH PROUD
--6 Time Super Bowl Champions--
--5 Time World Series Champions--
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
scitychamps87 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:37 AM.

Top -