Home

Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

This is a discussion on Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-07-2017, 10:21 PM   #185
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCutlersCig
I think at this point, itís safe to say that we wonít get a hardcore football sim for a long while, or at least not from a major company. Primarily because what EA is doing is trying to attract the casuals/fantasy football geeks (not trying to offend), and smaller companies donít have the resources to produce an ambitious game.

It pisses me off a little, but at this point, itís become more of a game of ďwait-and-seeĒ.

Think of it as attracting people with a disposable income and a low bar to please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2017, 10:34 PM   #186
Rookie

It's all about investing as little as possible in development while still taking in the bucks hand over fist.
MUT is absolutely the easiest way for them to do that.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Old 12-07-2017, 11:01 PM   #187
Rookie

Big Bankhead's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
It's all about investing as little as possible in development while still taking in the bucks hand over fist.
MUT is absolutely the easiest way for them to do that.

I absolutely agree with this. As EA have stated themselves, they have no interest in the single player gamer, all that they care about is multiplayer games with the intent to nickel and dime the gamer to death. Franchise mode isn’t important to the shareholders unless they can find a way to make us pay for that. I wouldn’t be surprised in the future if all EA Sports games will come shipped with only Play Now and Ultimate Team.
"If you look good, you feel good. If you feel good, you play good. If you play good, they pay good." - Deion Sanders #21

Cowboys!
Ravens!

Lakers!
Rockets!
Yankees!
Astros!

PSN: Spartan387
XBGT: KobraTheKing

Last edited by Big Bankhead; 12-07-2017 at 11:04 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:35 PM   #188
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bankhead
I absolutely agree with this. As EA have stated themselves, they have no interest in the single player gamer, all that they care about is multiplayer games with the intent to nickel and dime the gamer to death. Franchise mode isnít important to the shareholders unless they can find a way to make us pay for that. I wouldnít be surprised in the future if all EA Sports games will come shipped with only Play Now and Ultimate Team.
It also stifles the developers creativity, which is why the cyclic 3 or 4 year changes in development teams. Who'd want to create a game that ties their hands as much as EA does with Madden.
I also believe a lot of it is fear....fear of changing too many things in their highest selling games.

Old 12-07-2017, 11:42 PM   #189
MVP

Toupal's Arena

So we are in agreement that anything outside MUT is set up for failure as long as EA retains this business model?
Old 12-08-2017, 04:37 AM   #190
Rookie

Big Bankhead's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
So we are in agreement that anything outside MUT is set up for failure as long as EA retains this business model?
Yes indeed! The franchise player is the minority. They keep asking what do we want in franchise. People have spent a lot of their time creating wish lists, like deuce did, use that as your cliff notes.
"If you look good, you feel good. If you feel good, you play good. If you play good, they pay good." - Deion Sanders #21

Cowboys!
Ravens!

Lakers!
Rockets!
Yankees!
Astros!

PSN: Spartan387
XBGT: KobraTheKing
Old 12-08-2017, 07:11 AM   #191
@MikeLowe47

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cato06
Thats the scary thing about this interview. Hes trying to overthink on how to make CFM more rewarding to a player to keep them coming back, but forgetting that the reason most of us play it is because we want to step into the world of being a NFL coach or owner. Its about the authentic experience. Right now if i had to give the current CFM a grade I would say its somewhere around a C- as far as depth and authenticity. If Madden really wants to improve this mode and get it where it needs to be then contracts, scouting, coaching, player progression,customization, presentation (NFL draft, pregame shows,halftime shows, post game shows, weekly rundowns) , ALL NEED A HUGE OVERHAUL! The point is the only thing that would keep me coming back to the mode depends on how deep the mode is. Not because of some reward points.
This +1000

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2017, 08:40 AM   #192
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
This +1000

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
It just shows how out of touch even Rex is...after years and years and years of posts spelling out in intricate detail EXACTLY what we want, he goes off trying to re-invent the wheel. All for the sake of having some huge back of the box blowout announcement to rope in more casuals.
What's next? Jet packs and land mines? sigh

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »