Home

Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

This is a discussion on Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2017, 01:42 PM   #193
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2003
Re: Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
Sounds like you are a bit too quick boycott things. The national anthem protests are immoral; the cause they are done to support is factually bankrupt; the NFL and NFLPA have been remarkably negligent in not making it mandatory for players/employees on the field to show respect for the flag and anthem; and Papa John's pizza is easily the most delicious chain pizza ever made.
Sorry can agrer with you on that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
iceman43 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 07:19 AM   #194
Rookie
 
mjd113's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2012
Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

”How do we keep people playing CFM?”

I dunno. You could try.. making it better?

Because getting telling my brother that I got some award for winning the SB 5 straight years or whatever isn’t really ganna do anything when I’m still just basically playing “PlayNow” games over and over.

“You’ve won 3 SBs in a row and have been awarded 50 MUT Points! Quick, go to MUT and spend them! And then buy more packs!”

Last edited by mjd113; 12-09-2017 at 07:23 AM.
mjd113 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:17 AM   #195
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Re: Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjd113
”How do we keep people playing CFM?”

I dunno. You could try.. making it better?

Because getting telling my brother that I got some award for winning the SB 5 straight years or whatever isn’t really ganna do anything when I’m still just basically playing “PlayNow” games over and over.

“You’ve won 3 SBs in a row and have been awarded 50 MUT Points! Quick, go to MUT and spend them! And then buy more packs!”
This is spot on. People that want to earn an award for something x amount of times are generally not going to be franchise players.

I like the idea of them trying to layer the franchise mode. Include in more hardcore features but have them as an option so that more casual fans can play their style as well. I didn't buy Madden 18 (I did play the EA Access version) and I don't see myself bothering with future additions until franchise is taken seriously again.
secondsolution is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2017, 09:31 AM   #196
Rookie
 
SyncereBlackout's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 829
Re: Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondsolution
This is spot on. People that want to earn an award for something x amount of times are generally not going to be franchise players.



I like the idea of them trying to layer the franchise mode. Include in more hardcore features but have them as an option so that more casual fans can play their style as well. I didn't buy Madden 18 (I did play the EA Access version) and I don't see myself bothering with future additions until franchise is taken seriously again.


Spot on, but cryptic and vague.

Even pointing at some of the groundbreaking mock ups that are on this site gets hairy without an idea of “how” we would like to see it.

To complicate things a bit more, as EA marches to the beat of their own drum our wishlists and mock ups don’t really take those (Mis)steps into account. Rather than saying, well since EA rolled out X then Y needs to be altered a bit to give us what we initially asked for (and didn’t get because they ignored us).

The other side of this is that they have to be more transparent with how some things work. For example: We need tender offers and RFA, but short of just demanding them, it would be nice to know what part of the current contract framework has kept them out of the game so long. They can’t blame casuals because they created auto resigning for them, so what’s the problem?

To get this thread back on track: if the goal is live Updates for CFM, I’m struggling to come up with ideas and don’t recall seeing a thread on it yet.

To your point, I don’t know what layers/content can be added to CFM on a weekly or periodic basis. You?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Grown Man League (GML) - Commish (PS4)

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
SyncereBlackout is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 10:48 AM   #197
MVP
 
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2009
Re: Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjd113
”How do we keep people playing CFM?”

I dunno. You could try.. making it better?

Because getting telling my brother that I got some award for winning the SB 5 straight years or whatever isn’t really ganna do anything when I’m still just basically playing “PlayNow” games over and over.

“You’ve won 3 SBs in a row and have been awarded 50 MUT Points! Quick, go to MUT and spend them! And then buy more packs!”
That is the vibe I get, but I'm not so sure if it's some deliberate ploy to get people to play MUT as it is just simply that CFM presentation that is ONLY for CFM just isn't a huge priority. And for obvious reasons. OF course as many have said, we'd pay micro-transactions to get CFM up to snuff.
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 10:52 AM   #198
Rookie
 
mjd113's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2012
Re: Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
That is the vibe I get, but I'm not so sure if it's some deliberate ploy to get people to play MUT as it is just simply that CFM presentation that is ONLY for CFM just isn't a huge priority. And for obvious reasons. OF course as many have said, we'd pay micro-transactions to get CFM up to snuff.


I’m not paying more money that I already have.

(An extra 20$ just to get the game in the day it used to come out.)

Just for CFM to be what it USED to be.

That’s ridiculous.

5.99$ to have “Advanced GM Mode with Real life NFL Contracts!”

Gtfoh.
mjd113 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 12:00 PM   #199
MVP
 
Junior Moe's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2009
Re: Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjd113
I’m not paying more money that I already have.

(An extra 20$ just to get the game in the day it used to come out.)

Just for CFM to be what it USED to be.

That’s ridiculous.

5.99$ to have “Advanced GM Mode with Real life NFL Contracts!”

Gtfoh.
I agree with you in principle. But, I'd be down for that personally. It's all about the money at the end of the day. For the sake of argument let's say Madden sells 6 million copies a year. Of that, 500K are OS level franchise types. We'd spend 6 bucks for a robust franchise. That's an additional 3 million bucks. I don't know how far that goes in game development but it's something, and more importantly it would put franchise as a viable revenue stream.
Junior Moe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 12:03 PM   #200
Rookie
 
mjd113's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2012
Re: Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
I agree with you in principle. But, I'd be down for that personally. It's all about the money at the end of the day. For the sake of argument let's say Madden sells 6 million copies a year. Of that, 500K are OS level franchise types. We'd spend 6 bucks for a robust franchise. That's an additional 3 million bucks. I don't know how far that goes in game development but it's something, and more importantly it would put franchise as a viable revenue stream.


I’m not against it because of 6$.

I’m against the idea of it because once you open that door. Then they can do whatever they want. And it becomes a LOT more than 6$.
mjd113 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:37 AM.

Top -