Home

Showing Proper D/Starting Lineup

This is a discussion on Showing Proper D/Starting Lineup within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2017, 11:35 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
Showing Proper D/Starting Lineup

Has anyone figured out how/workaround for getting the starting lineup to show up properly during introductions when using a generic playbook? I know they are tied to the 4-3 so if you use a generic offensive playbook but run a 3-4 d when the starting lineups show up it will show you as a 4-3. I was wondering if anyone figured out a workaround yet??

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2017, 03:43 PM   #2
Rookie

steve115658's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Showing Proper D/Starting Lineup

I mean I'm a 4-3 user so it doesn't affect me, but in theory start your rush linebacker at defensive end and start the end he is replacing at the second defensive tackle spot. Start your 2nd inside linebacker at outside linebacker. Do all of that in depth chart and then fix it all in formation subs to how you actually want to have your 3-4 defense on the field? Then you have the right guys both on the field and in introductions. Positions will be displayed wrong and it's a lot of work but I think it would work.
Season 3: 16-3 Super Bowl Champions
Minnesota Vikings
Season 4: Coming soon
Old 10-29-2017, 10:18 PM   #3
Rookie

JasonZimmerman's Arena

OVR: 0

I thought I read at one time that if you don’t use your teams offensive playbook it will mess with your defenses intro. Stupid I know, but that’s EA for you. For example I’m the Bears. 3-4. If I’d choose to run another teams playbook, it will introduce my D as a 4-3. As soon as I went back to the Bears offense, I haven’t had it happen since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-30-2017, 08:19 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonZimmerman
I thought I read at one time that if you don’t use your teams offensive playbook it will mess with your defenses intro. Stupid I know, but that’s EA for you. For example I’m the Bears. 3-4. If I’d choose to run another teams playbook, it will introduce my D as a 4-3. As soon as I went back to the Bears offense, I haven’t had it happen since.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is correct, and I still use it, so I know it works. If you change your defensive philosophy, and want the intro to show you need to pick an offensive playbook that has a defensive scheme you want change it to. Ex. Switching Pats from multi to 4-3 you would need to pick an offensive playbook that has a 4-3 defense...like cowboys, falcons etc.
Old 10-30-2017, 10:20 AM   #5
MVP

I know it makes no sense. I was hoping there was some workaround. I should be able to pick any offensive playbook I want. And if I pick a 3-4 D it should show a 3-4 d regardless of my offensive playbook
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2017, 11:14 AM   #6
MVP

I wonder what D it would show if you use a custom playbook?
Old 10-30-2017, 05:58 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by niftyjets
I wonder what D it would show if you use a custom playbook?
I experimented with some different scenarios about a month ago and found that any custom offensive book will make your lineup show as a 4-3, but you can use any team's offensive book as long as it isn't custom and it will show the correct starting lineup

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »