Home

Fumbles and Human run game

This is a discussion on Fumbles and Human run game within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2017, 05:06 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Fumbles and Human run game

I admit I am elderly (53) in terms of playing Madden, so I don't have the quick stick skills of the younger generation.
But I still enjoy playing, as I believe I understand the game of football after watching it for 45 plus years.
My sliders are over the place, but the one thing I can't get nailed down is fumbles and my own run game.
From what I surmise, the lower the slider the more fumbles you should see, my slider numbers are at 35 for the CPU and 30 for me. I have gone four games now in my franchise without a fumble.
As for my running game, I am an old-time believer in the ground and pound, 3-yards and a cloud of dust, so I do not pass every down. Because of that, I am running for 150 yards per game, despite the fact, I have my run blocking down at around 25.
Why pass it?
I think it was Lombardi or Bryant who once said when you pass the pass, three things could happen and two of them are bad.
Although at the end of the game, I still probably throw 35 passes to 25 running plays.
Anyone care to help an old guy out?

Last edited by rink23; 11-04-2017 at 05:12 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2017, 05:39 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Fumbles and Human run game

i am also 53
i run it because i grew up playing rugby and i like stuff it up the jumper rolling mauls and not passing to the girls in the backs. i run more runs than passes and with more blockers. with i form hulk 8 oline and a fb is some weight, you know im running it but how can you stop that mass. if only i could sub an oline at fb and hb and have the qb run ...
Old 11-04-2017, 08:37 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueauvan
i am also 53
i run it because i grew up playing rugby and i like stuff it up the jumper rolling mauls and not passing to the girls in the backs. i run more runs than passes and with more blockers. with i form hulk 8 oline and a fb is some weight, you know im running it but how can you stop that mass. if only i could sub an oline at fb and hb and have the qb run ...
You can't sub an oline at fb but you can change the position. A zone blocking type makes a good fb. I have gone with a 300 plus pound fb before and it is nice. Just make sure he has good impact blocking and 80+ acceleration and 70+ speed.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:59 AM   #4
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rink23
I admit I am elderly (53) in terms of playing Madden, so I don't have the quick stick skills of the younger generation.
But I still enjoy playing, as I believe I understand the game of football after watching it for 45 plus years.
My sliders are over the place, but the one thing I can't get nailed down is fumbles and my own run game.
From what I surmise, the lower the slider the more fumbles you should see, my slider numbers are at 35 for the CPU and 30 for me. I have gone four games now in my franchise without a fumble.
As for my running game, I am an old-time believer in the ground and pound, 3-yards and a cloud of dust, so I do not pass every down. Because of that, I am running for 150 yards per game, despite the fact, I have my run blocking down at around 25.
Why pass it?
I think it was Lombardi or Bryant who once said when you pass the pass, three things could happen and two of them are bad.
Although at the end of the game, I still probably throw 35 passes to 25 running plays.
I believe it's the opposite, the higher the slider number the more fumbles.

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker
Old 11-04-2017, 09:00 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rink23

Why pass it?

My understanding (which could be wrong) is that lower fumble sliders means fewer fumbles, which would explain your results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2017, 09:29 AM   #6
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Lower fumble slider means more fumbles. Higher = less. There also used to be a direct link to how often the CPU RB would use special moves depending on the fumble slider.

I've noticed a lot of times I won't see many fumbles either. It helps to have the "big hitter" trait as defenders will hit stick on their own with that. Otherwise you need to make a coaching adjustment, but then you can miss more tackles.
Old 11-04-2017, 11:14 AM   #7
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
I believe it's the opposite, the higher the slider number the more fumbles.
No. The fumble slider is the skill at holding on to the ball. Higher means more skill, fewer fumbles.
Old 11-04-2017, 11:15 AM   #8
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanklax
My understanding (which could be wrong) is that lower fumble sliders means fewer fumbles, which would explain your results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your understanding is wrong. Lowering the slider creates more fumbles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »