Home

Commentary in M18

This is a discussion on Commentary in M18 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2017, 11:43 PM   #1
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

OVR: 0
Commentary in M18

I’m an absolute nut when it comes to commentary and was thinking this over the other night. What are things you guys love/hate about the commentary from Madden 18?

For me, I love the live commentary updates in ‘Play Now’. One thing I don’t like is the rehashing of some of last year’s lines and the Charles Davis line “...dude, it’s a video game!” Thanks, Charles, I didn’t know I was playing a video game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2017, 04:00 PM   #2
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Commentary in M18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCutlersCig
I’m an absolute nut when it comes to commentary and was thinking this over the other night. What are things you guys love/hate about the commentary from Madden 18?

For me, I love the live commentary updates in ‘Play Now’. One thing I don’t like is the rehashing of some of last year’s lines and the Charles Davis line “...dude, it’s a video game!” Thanks, Charles, I didn’t know I was playing a video game.
Lol, yeah. The one were Gaudin goes LR ( Larry Ridley) that's your guy to Davis. The other one were it's the first kickoff of the season and Gaudin says, Training camp over, preseason over. Says it everytime. I'm pretty sure nothing was added this yr accept the updates for play now obviously. I know they will never do this but they really need another group in the booth to mix things up like NBA2k

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 11-18-2017 at 04:30 PM.
Old 11-18-2017, 04:40 PM   #3
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

The discussion of the stats for players from the previous week,(with accompanying banners for the week and the season) is nice. Also them being able to say some of the drafted players names is good as well.

The repetitive lines are bothersome, but that can't be helped in a video game. The two aspects of commentary that I really hate is the fourth wall breaking, and them referencing things from 2016 or 2017 as if they are current, when I'm several years into my franchise.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 11-18-2017, 05:09 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
The discussion of the stats for players from the previous week,(with accompanying banners for the week and the season) is nice. Also them being able to say some of the drafted players names is good as well.

The repetitive lines are bothersome, but that can't be helped in a video game. The two aspects of commentary that I really hate is the fourth wall breaking, and them referencing things from 2016 or 2017 as if they are current, when I'm several years into my franchise.
Those are my two biggest gripes too.
Old 11-18-2017, 05:56 PM   #5
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo

This is the biggest issue I have with the commentary. After the current NFL season, everything is so repetitive. Nothing is worse than when you have to hear about about the 2016 season being referred to as the year before, even though you are in the 2021 season.

I didn't expect much since they avoided Franchise this season, but this is ridiculous.

Madden as a whole needs to do better at recognizing and remembering our stats, awards, and championships in seasons prior. We are in the year 2017.... why is this not a thing yet?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »