Home

The MUT Men Podcast #85 with Rex Dickson

This is a discussion on The MUT Men Podcast #85 with Rex Dickson within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2017, 09:47 AM   #1
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
The MUT Men Podcast #85 with Rex Dickson

This is basically a two hour interview with Rex. Considering who is giving the interview a lot of the conversation is of course geared toward MUT and the competitive community, nevertheless there is A LOT of interesting information here.

I would view the video on YouTube because the interviews have timestamped every topic with a link to that question. With the exception of a couple of joke questions the entire thing is well worth the listen, IMO. Rex's closing statements about Target Passing are quite candid.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2017, 10:31 AM   #2
Rookie

LovejoyOTF's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: The MUT Men Podcast #85 with Rex Dickson

for those that can't listen, what did he say about target passing?
Old 11-10-2017, 10:31 AM   #3
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo

This is basically a two hour interview with Rex. Considering who is giving the interview a lot of the conversation is of course geared toward MUT and the competitive community, nevertheless there is A LOT of interesting information here.

I would view the video on YouTube because the interviews have timestamped every topic with a link to that question. With the exception of a couple of joke questions the entire thing is well worth the listen, IMO. Rex's closing statements about Target Passing are quite candid.
I'm at work and don't have time to watch the whole two hours. Can someone tell me what "NCAA" means?
Old 11-10-2017, 10:36 AM   #4
Rookie

LovejoyOTF's Arena

OVR: 3

national collegiate athletic association.
Old 11-10-2017, 10:47 AM   #5
Banned

Brightline's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovejoyOTF
national collegiate athletic association.
I laughed.

Real answer: NCAA is still on their minds, it will come back eventually but the legal stuff had to first be sorted out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2017, 10:56 AM   #6
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovejoyOTF
for those that can't listen, what did he say about target passing?
He said that it was the biggest gameplay feature failure of his tenure, that no one is using it, and that he had to admit to his bosses that he wasted the resources that it took to implement it, when that time could have been spent on something else. The hosts tried to speak about how it could be improved for next year, but he essentially said, naw it's trash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
I'm at work and don't have time to watch the whole two hours. Can someone tell me what "NCAA" means?
Rex intimated that NCAA 14 is the best EA football game that he has made and that he hasn't made a Madden game yet that makes him feel as proud as he does about that game. So the hosts segued that into a question about the potential return of that series.

He said that of course the want it back, and are always approaching the brass with ways in which they might bring it back on some level, but these ideas don't really get much traction. He does thing that eventually the NCAA will iron out the legal issues and such and that they will be ready jump back in.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 11-11-2017, 10:32 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Hopefully the failure of target passing will show them that adding something new for the sake of saying you added a new feature isn't the best use of resources. I'd be more likely to buy next year's game if they fixed EVERYTHING that is currently in the game and broken as opposed to buying it if next year's release is full of a bunch of new back of the box features
Old 11-11-2017, 05:36 PM   #8
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

If they are approaching Madden from the perspective where they would like to be in 5 years, and adding “gameplay features” is not something eligible for live updates, the next year or two will be critical for me.

I’m not sure coaching carousels would be considered gameplay features, but if that framework doesn’t exist before we transition to live weekly updates, I️ will be very confused about the 5 year plan.

I️ hope the next interview he does with someone focuses on the 5 year plan and less on the next year or so. Kind of want a sense of his best case dream scenario/goal so I️ can assess my place in the world of EA/madden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »