Home

"One Game, One Goal, One Community" is a ridiculously bad goal.

This is a discussion on "One Game, One Goal, One Community" is a ridiculously bad goal. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-17-2017, 08:49 AM   #97
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: "One Game, One Goal, One Community" is a ridiculously bad goal.

if there is no defensive holding im assuming there is no offensive holding? not oline but receivers, what about contact after 5 yards?

naively if its in the game, why isnt it in the game?
Old 11-17-2017, 09:09 AM   #98
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueauvan
if there is no defensive holding im assuming there is no offensive holding? not oline but receivers, what about contact after 5 yards?

naively if its in the game, why isnt it in the game?
There is offensive holding in the game.
Old 11-17-2017, 09:49 AM   #99
Rookie

DaGreatOne21's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCutlersCig
This may be a harsh and unpopular opinion, but I think Madden was designed by people with marketing intelligence, not football intelligence.
Not sure why you would think that would be harsh or unpopular....at least among sim fans and hardcore football fans. There is absolutely no disputing that is true.

However, I wouldnt call it marketing "intelligence" as much as I would call it marketing "exploitation". As I said....lets look beyond just Madden and look at EA as a whole. Look how often they use popular licenses to sell games as opposed to the games selling because they are great. I guess you could still call it "intelligence", but its too much of a compliment. Their marketing isnt intelligent because they arent pushing a good game....they are exploitative because the big names of their franchises prop up mediocre and often outright bad games.

Madden's development team clearly doesnt have a strong grasp of the game of football, and I dont think the top dogs care, because their target audience seems to be people who either dont know alot about football or dont care that they game doesnt play like authentic football.
Old 11-17-2017, 09:58 AM   #100
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGreatOne21
Madden's development team clearly doesnt have a strong grasp of the game of football
This statement is false.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:18 AM   #101
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGreatOne21
Not sure why you would think that would be harsh or unpopular....at least among sim fans and hardcore football fans. There is absolutely no disputing that is true.

However, I wouldnt call it marketing "intelligence" as much as I would call it marketing "exploitation". As I said....lets look beyond just Madden and look at EA as a whole. Look how often they use popular licenses to sell games as opposed to the games selling because they are great. I guess you could still call it "intelligence", but its too much of a compliment. Their marketing isnt intelligent because they arent pushing a good game....they are exploitative because the big names of their franchises prop up mediocre and often outright bad games.

Madden's development team clearly doesnt have a strong grasp of the game of football, and I dont think the top dogs care, because their target audience seems to be people who either dont know alot about football or dont care that they game doesnt play like authentic football.
And the scary part is that EA is buying more and more smaller companies, essentially slowly eliminating all competition. We all see what happens without competition.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2017, 11:51 AM   #102
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
This statement is false.
In the context of his given perspective, the EA product does not illustrate they do.

I wish the devs would stop taking these statements and opinions personally, (they clearly do) and just be accountable for their shortcomings.

That will never happen within the machine we know as EA.
Old 11-17-2017, 12:09 PM   #103
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse
In the context of his given perspective, the EA product does not illustrate they do.

I wish the devs would stop taking these statements and opinions personally, (they clearly do) and just be accountable for their shortcomings.

That will never happen within the machine we know as EA.

Exactly. Itís sad. Blocking (for me) has been one of the worst experiences, yet they have a former NFL OL-man on the dev team? Iíve seen so many missed cut blocks by offensive linemen (which they shouldnít be doing in the first place; most OL-men are stand-up blockers) some rated at 89+, that Iíve had games where I was sacked 16 times.

In replay, blocking assignments are constantly blown. I played both DT and guard in high school and have seen better technique there than in Madden. I get it, itís a video game and itís not perfect. But itís happened so frequently itís an enormous cause of frustration. Iím no programmer, but how hard can it be to program decent AI?

My main gripe is that they advertised it to be ďeverything you see on Sunday.Ē Man, if you canít do something right, donít do it at all.
Old 11-17-2017, 12:26 PM   #104
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCutlersCig
Exactly. Itís sad. Blocking (for me) has been one of the worst experiences, yet they have a former NFL OL-man on the dev team? Iíve seen so many missed cut blocks by offensive linemen (which they shouldnít be doing in the first place; most OL-men are stand-up blockers) some rated at 89+, that Iíve had games where I was sacked 16 times.

In replay, blocking assignments are constantly blown. I played both DT and guard in high school and have seen better technique there than in Madden. I get it, itís a video game and itís not perfect. But itís happened so frequently itís an enormous cause of frustration. Iím no programmer, but how hard can it be to program decent AI?

My main gripe is that they advertised it to be ďeverything you see on Sunday.Ē Man, if you canít do something right, donít do it at all.
LOL..I don't know if you can blame that on him. Although I know and played with plenty of ball players who played the game on a high level, alot don't really know the intracacies of football or have a solid grasp on football fundamentals, and wouldn't know the first thing about coaching football.I think that the problem is having to model the game according to the market, and there are technical issues that will not allow a game to be fully "sim"...It's no piece of cake programming AI but the problem alot of us are having is that when EA gets something right they don't build upon it instead it get's nerfed and then taken out ie DEF HOLDING..The PI and DH calls were perfect in 16 and absolutely slider based but they were nerfed due to complaints from a totally different tournament crowd...If the complaints were from the competitive crowd nerf them in competitive mode easy answer right?..But apparently it's not viable because of technical issues. The only thing we as a "sim" crowd could hope for is that somehow alot of this communication is being relayed to Ea and we get suprised with a patch that adds the sim aspect of PI and Def holding back in..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »