Home

"One Game, One Goal, One Community" is a ridiculously bad goal.

This is a discussion on "One Game, One Goal, One Community" is a ridiculously bad goal. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 22: 11 Features to Improve Stadium Creator
MXGP 2021 Review
Football Manager 22 Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-13-2017, 08:51 AM   #17
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: "One Game, One Goal, One Community" is a ridiculously bad goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Yeah, reading the rest of that was what prompted me to tweet in that thread/timeline/whatever myself.
I did the same, thank you for pointing it out.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:16 AM   #18
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
I went and read the rest of the Tweet "thread" (for lack of a better term), and there were several comments from Clint and others to the effect of "not even sim players want realistic penalties, because they are not fun." I am almost ready to scream, in as much as it is the lack of penalties that is one of the things making the game a lot less fun this year.

I hope they do not eliminate or greatly reduce the off ball injuries (and injuries in general), because they decide that now the first year next gen Madden has realistic injuries that they "are not fun" either.
This is what i dont get then. Why is there a slider for it in the game at all? Because clearly it does not work, its just there for looks. And if the issue is " some people dont think its fun" then there is a solution, make the dang sliders actually work . Then have it set for comp mode at 0 for DH and for those " sim" players who say they dont think its fun , let them adjust slider to 0 on sim mode. The problem is , they have these sliders in the game and half seem to not even work nor can they really tell us what they do exactly because they dont even know themselves.Yet they want us to believe them ......

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 11-13-2017, 09:44 AM   #19
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

I am generally a SIM player and still have my game set to SIM, but generally I dislike how penalties are called, or more specifically, their timing, and what really ends up being a boring delay of game as we wait on an outcome that was decided immediately, and the close up of the Ref is just annoying now.

I definitely don't want more defensive penalties because of how bad the defense already plays in game.

I probably should just play COMP, but I want the ratings to actually play to their actual numbers so its a conundrum.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:58 AM   #20
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I am generally a SIM player and still have my game set to SIM, but generally I dislike how penalties are called, or more specifically, their timing, and what really ends up being a boring delay of game as we wait on an outcome that was decided immediately, and the close up of the Ref is just annoying now.

I definitely don't want more defensive penalties because of how bad the defense already plays in game.

I probably should just play COMP, but I want the ratings to actually play to their actual numbers so its a conundrum.
And for those of you who feel that way, the solution is, they make the sliders actually work , not just put them in game for another " thing " they have in game. Fix the sliders, is the answer, but prob not happening anytime soon so......

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 11-13-2017, 10:13 AM   #21
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't like when a team I'm playing against beats me.
So we should take losing out of the game as well. It's more fun when you win!

Last edited by Toupal; 11-13-2017 at 12:01 PM. Reason: I can't read no good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2017, 10:34 AM   #22
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

This sealed my decision about next years version. Iíll pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-2017, 11:26 AM   #23
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S

I'd argue that maybe you arent a sim player. That isnt a negative thing. Its just that you prefer a style that isnt an exact simulation of the sport. In real life, there is a pause to wait to see what the penalty is and I like that because its true to real life.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:28 AM   #24
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuoreceltico
One word "Liars" how do you say three months after the release, that DH is off the game because competitive gamers won't it? and in the game you write under the slider setting, "penalty called accord to NFL statistics"? It's a joke? because if it is, is not fun at all. So put out an arcade football game and stop to speak bull****, be honest, not try to joking that part of gamers that want a simulation, because seems to me that you want their bucs, without doing anything to them, you simply treat them as stupids. Totally agree with this topic you can't please everyone with that vapid slogan, reality is not a slogan. It's clear that you pleasing those part of the game which you do more money, and telling tales to others. Come on, make a single arcade game and lost that part of business that won't it, and we will see for how many years you still have the budget to make the game.
LOL.. I agree but I wouldn't call it "lying" it's actually called selective marketing which in reality accentuates and markets big ticket features in a game. I sort of knew when the deflecting of questions regarding certain penalties were being done by EA..What they messed up on is by advertising three modes that perform in different ways when in actuality that's not the case. If they knew that DH couldn't be implemented in sim mode correctly then they should have stated that due to the new engine certain penalties will be affected, but this would lead to negativity , and an uproar that they are getting now. So marketing 101 accentuate the positive (new frostbite engine, graphics, etc) and dabble in the fact that "we have 3 modes see we listened to the community" aspect. Now 3 months later the game has almost reached the end of it's cycle, it's about to start trending to selling at a reduced price, and it has increasingly been tuned and patched to support their money maker tournaments, online, and MUT. At this point they can then throw out the reason why certain penalties in sim aren't working which will give them a head start in marketing because now people will buy the game next year because the penalties and modes now work correctly..I think what irritates me the most is that certain people have the opportunity to test the game out well in advance and yet every year we get the same talk that the game has improved but we can't talk about it line. I know several of them suggest changes but it appears to fall on deaf ears. Will sim mode and penalties work correctly next year?..I guarantee it..and it will be a point of emphasis...it's a yearly cycle but it's part of the industry..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »