Home

"One Game, One Goal, One Community" is a ridiculously bad goal.

This is a discussion on "One Game, One Goal, One Community" is a ridiculously bad goal. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 22: 11 Features to Improve Stadium Creator
MXGP 2021 Review
Football Manager 22 Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-13-2017, 12:10 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: "One Game, One Goal, One Community" is a ridiculously bad goal.

it's absurd that they just decide to completely remove things from the game instead of making it an optional feature that can be turned on and off.

I swear this will be back in a future madden as a "new" feature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2017, 12:20 PM   #26
Rookie

cuoreceltico's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
LOL.. I agree but I wouldn't call it "lying" it's actually called selective marketing which in reality accentuates and markets big ticket features in a game. I sort of knew when the deflecting of questions regarding certain penalties were being done by EA..What they messed up on is by advertising three modes that perform in different ways when in actuality that's not the case. If they knew that DH couldn't be implemented in sim mode correctly then they should have stated that due to the new engine certain penalties will be affected, but this would lead to negativity , and an uproar that they are getting now. So marketing 101 accentuate the positive (new frostbite engine, graphics, etc) and dabble in the fact that "we have 3 modes see we listened to the community" aspect. Now 3 months later the game has almost reached the end of it's cycle, it's about to start trending to selling at a reduced price, and it has increasingly been tuned and patched to support their money maker tournaments, online, and MUT. At this point they can then throw out the reason why certain penalties in sim aren't working which will give them a head start in marketing because now people will buy the game next year because the penalties and modes now work correctly..I think what irritates me the most is that certain people have the opportunity to test the game out well in advance and yet every year we get the same talk that the game has improved but we can't talk about it line. I know several of them suggest changes but it appears to fall on deaf ears. Will sim mode and penalties work correctly next year?..I guarantee it..and it will be a point of emphasis...it's a yearly cycle but it's part of the industry..
The point is that I don't see any leap forward in order to have decent football simulation, any leap forward to have more deep in the franchise mode. Seems to me, and I apparently i'm not alone, that all the energies are channeled in others direction. I know that this are only words, only speculations, but frankly, I'm completely disappointed with how the evolution of this series is handled. I'm a customer, I'm unsightly of the product, seems legit, apart of all discussions about industry and marketing, that start to be really annoying.

The real problem is that actually madden is the only football game, otherwise as FPS will be who like COD and who like Battlefield. As this topic say i'm really skeptical that at this time Tiburon has enough resources to develop a game that everyone is happy about.
Old 11-13-2017, 12:24 PM   #27
Banned

EA is losing their way
Old 11-13-2017, 01:43 PM   #28
Tiger Paw

tyberious4now's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axioo
EA is losing their way
Correction they have lost their way!!!
Old 11-13-2017, 01:55 PM   #29
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyberious4now
Correction they have lost their way!!!
Just wait till we have to spend $100 on MUT before we can unlock CFM in Madden 19... The way EA is going with all this Battlefront 2 stuff and how Madden has been going with MUT I am going to move forward with extremely low expectations from anything EA and Madden put out in the future.
Old 11-13-2017, 01:57 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightline
Market 3 different play styles then tell players not to divide the community?

And then only pay attention to one of the modes player’s feedback. Take a look at the Battlefront 2 issue to see where Madden is going.
Old 11-13-2017, 03:21 PM   #31
Underdog

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

The two ideas of "one game, one goal, one community" and the introduction of distinct gameplay styles are a bit at odds with each other, IMO.

Bottom line is that this game does have factions of players which interact with the game very differently, and each group has their own desires and interests which Tiburon has now signed themselves up to cater to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2017, 03:56 PM   #32
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
The two ideas of "one game, one goal, one community" and the introduction of distinct gameplay styles are a bit at odds with each other, IMO.

Bottom line is that this game does have factions of players which interact with the game very differently, and each group has their own desires and interests which Tiburon has now signed themselves up to cater to.
Agree!!Exactly what I am trying to say. Tiburon introduced the three distinct modes that didn't or don't work as intended and directly conflicts with the "one game ,one goal, one community" mentality. We have never had just one faction of players and the community has always been divided when it came to sim or arcade hence the reason they introduced the modes. There has to be technical limitations to support each mode but that should have been resolved before the game was shipped..To tell us this now only adds to the frustration as apparently their won't be any distinct changes to at least the sim mode this year..That's the dissapointing part.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »