Home

"One Game, One Goal, One Community" is a ridiculously bad goal.

This is a discussion on "One Game, One Goal, One Community" is a ridiculously bad goal. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-13-2017, 10:39 PM   #41
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: "One Game, One Goal, One Community" is a ridiculously bad goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8
2K definitely cares about the MyCareer community. Idk if its to the extent of the Park community, but they definitely do. I posted an issue in the 2K forum and the head Dev for MyCareer personally PM'd me about said issue and worked with me to get the issue fixed in about 24 hours max. Thats something I would NEVER experience with Madden.
I'll agree to disagree, there is a lot of dissatisfaction on that forum in that area that I have noticed. For offline, the game is great. Here is the last impression in the 2k impressions thread: this game is officially unplayable online, its ridiculous.

From MyCareer: While fixin the rotations can help you on offense, the lapses on defense won’t change. It is just the way the AI is programmed on defense, I have played with several teams and they all play the same way.

From MyGM: If all you play is MyGM, and you would like it to be close to realstic as possible for a video game, then I would say save your money, and stick with 17, if gameplay isnt a huge factor for you.
This years MyGM you cant use custom rosters, so thats a negative, with how poorly done the 2k ratings people are. Also for the 1st season any you will not have full control, as its a story mode, which is almost as dumb as their MyPlayer story mode.
So for instance, after a certain amount of games, the Owners son goes behind your back and will make a ridiculous trade, without your input at all, you will just one day notice you got some player, on your team that you never wanted. That right there ruins it for me, along with not being able to use custom rosters.

I've suggested ideas to the Madden developers personally as well and they were in the upcoming game.

Just saying, different people have different experiences with the sports games out there.

Plus, probably not the time or place to get into a this and that with the 2k game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2017, 10:41 PM   #42
10/22/21

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

When I read that tweet I never would have imagined that it would have produced the reaction here that it has, but that's on me for momentarily forgetting the level of incredulity that OS has towards Madden and EA. I think T4VERTS was totally on point, but it is what it is.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#[email protected]& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:11 PM   #43
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

My issue is be upfront about it. I spoke to a guy on the nhl team a while back and he pretty much admitted that the game is geared toward an arcade audience. I can accept that because I know what Iím buying and my expectations are tempered.

The show and nba 2k advertise as sim games and they develop the game as one.

Iíve been saying this for a while. Donít tell me that the community matters when ur actions show the opposite. If you tell me that the primary audience is comp gamers, I can make an informed decision and decide to buy the game. Donít tell me that u are creating a mode for gamers like me and then fail to support it. Donít tell me you want the game to resemble football on Sundays and remove penalties. Donít tell me that sim players are important and then ignore their biggest issue (qb ai) while fixing every little issue the comp crowd has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 11-13-2017, 11:20 PM   #44
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

i think amour and swords have it best try to fix the game as best as u can and go on form there i love madden i had every madden ex 96 in the sega ver madden 97 98 they call flags all the time so they know what we want but are leery of giveing us everything because if they give everything in 1 madden we might nfl 2k5 them and only play that madden
Old 11-13-2017, 11:21 PM   #45
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Aholbert, agree with your analogy.

I don't know if you know, but Clint has been touting a fix for the CPU QB AI in the next title update that is suppose to arrive around the Thanksgiving holiday. Not sure if before or after.

And, supposedly, same title update, more fixes for the sim community.

We'll see.

Edit- That is where the divide the community comment came up, "a lot of sim improvements coming up." OK

Last edited by roadman; 11-13-2017 at 11:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2017, 11:30 PM   #46
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Aholbert, agree with your analogy.

I don't know if you know, but Clint has been touting a fix for the CPU QB AI in the next title update that is suppose to arrive around the Thanksgiving holiday. Not sure if before or after.

And, supposedly, same title update, more fixes for the sim community.

We'll see.

I saw it. With that said, the QB AI issue has been known since late August. It shouldnít take 3 mos to address the biggest complaint of a community that is supposed to be important. Especially an issue that severely affects how offline players enjoy the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 11-13-2017, 11:37 PM   #47
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Actually, I had issues with the CPU QB AI issue dating back to Madden 17. I know I brought it up to Clint last year and heard the we will investigate.

That answer was the same till late Octoberish with, we are testing this heavily or something similar to that.

10/21- More
@ClintOldenburg Amazing job w/the OL/DL Interaction & Pocket Forming. Only gripe, lack of AI QB Scrambling past LOS. Hope you can find cause

More
Replying to @KickNDaPants
We are looking into that heavily

Last edited by roadman; 11-13-2017 at 11:41 PM.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:19 AM   #48
10/22/21

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

One thing that was in the MUT Men podcast that hasn't been talked about here is Rex's statement that he's not just the CD of gameplay anymore, that he now has more input into MUT and more importantly IMO, CFM, and that Clint is now the design lead of the gameplay team.

This is a very good thing, IMO, because despite people being upset with his statement that is the OP, I feel like he's been the best advocate for the sim community, and will always fight for gameplay features for our style.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#[email protected]& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »